The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't really add much from what I said after the Cove game or from what has already been said on here since last night. But two things I want to know is just what the f**k is going through his head persisting with his current formation/tactics, surely he must see how bad it is and is he away yet? 

Please no more Champman w**k stain mangers. 

20 minutes ago, champions said:

I thought in house Club matters weren't discussed with the patrons

it isnt, but It was reported at length we were trying to sign Liam Craig, we have signed Jacobs and there are rumours about Sibbald doing the rounds too. I think It is obvious that they think the midfield needs strengthened. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

it isnt, but It was reported at length we were trying to sign Liam Craig, we have signed Jacobs and there are rumours about Sibbald doing the rounds too. I think It is obvious that they think the midfield needs strengthened. 

So you believe reports about that but not several others about another certain player we were interested in signing!? 

having listened to that mess of an interview last night and seeing both the Cove and Peterhead game, I’m fairly willing to write off Rennie already. He mentions that we need to protect ourselves defensively better when we are attacking for a winner, at home, against Peterhead? f**k me show some ambition. I know it’s not as simple as we wish it was, however, we should not be having to worry about keeping the back door shut against the bottom side at home, let alone being pummelled by them. 

in my view our season is now totally finished and it’s another manager I can’t wait to see the back of.

31 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The problem isn’t hiring and firing managers willy nilly, it’s the consistent hiring of the wrong manager that’s the problem. 

Yup. It's a variation of the Sunk Cost fallacy. "We've invested so much in this, we can't get shot of it even if it's not working".

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s not though because we’re not even getting to a point where an investment has taken place.

An investment doesn't have to be money. It can be time and effort.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Yup. It's a variation of the Sunk Cost fallacy. "We've invested so much in this, we can't get shot of it even if it's not working".

Similarly: 

"Don't cling to a mistake - Just because you spent a lot of your time making it"

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mills and Dowds the only ones with pass marks. 
Please no one ever say Paul Dixon is our best CH ever again. He is done. 
Baffling team selection however I don’t see this squad, no matter how it is juggled being any use. 
Looks like a few injuries too. 

Agreed with Dixon I’ve been one of his biggest fans since he signed but he looked well off it and half the time looking like he was going through the motions.

I'm also not buying that we couldn't have managed a change from the 5 at the back last night we could have easily done it with just a few tweaks. Dixon off for Mccann push Mcguffie on one, Jacobs on for Miller and shift Nesbitt out wide right. Griffiths obviously had to come on to replace Kabia.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Mccann
Jacobs
Nesbitt Mcguffie
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

Edited by FFC 1876

Few more days to source another Midfielder which I guess is unlikely at this stage but we simply cannot have Gary Miller anywhere near that midfield ever again. I’ve not seen too many matches in the flesh this season due to personal circumstance but last night was just awful. 

Peterhead hunting us down in packs meanwhile their players just glided passed Miller/Nesbitt/Telfer (never again please)

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Few more days to source another Midfielder which I guess is unlikely at this stage but we simply cannot have Gary Miller anywhere near that midfield ever again. I’ve not seen too many matches in the flesh this season due to personal circumstance but last night was just awful. 

Peterhead hunting us down in packs meanwhile their players just glided passed Miller/Nesbitt/Telfer (never again please)

Get Dundee United's door chapped and get Lewis Neilson back in. More than capable of playing in the middle of the park given how good he was on the ball. 5-3-2 below simply because we know it's not going to change.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson ATS Mccann
Neilson Jacobs
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

When Morrison's back(if he's back this season) against the teams above us in the league we need to go 4-4-2 as otherwise they just hem us in our own half and our wing backs never get forward enough to effect the game.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Mccann
Morrison Telfer Jacobs Mcguffie
Dowds Griffiths

Loving all these 4 at the back ideas but let’s face it it’s not going to happen. Rennie is stuck on 352 and nothing will change that. 

Be prepared for 352, no tactical tweaks at all and like for Like subs for the rest of the season. Depressing stuff! 

We could go round the houses naming different starting XI’s and formations but it doesn’t matter. The club is still a complete basket case with continually poor recruitment and a lack of rea leadership, vision and direction. 

This season is over, every single player is a complete joke and Rennie isn’t the answer. Stay in the division and get a team in place that can win this league next season.