The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

It could be Harry Kane up top and the issues would still be there. We don’t create chances, we can’t defend, we are absolutely brutal and Rennie is a clown.

Dowds and Kabia are almost a goal a game each since they came into the team.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Just asking but how do we know Griffiths is on £1500 a week? Is that his basic or is there performance bonuses? Apart from on here I've not seen a figure mentioned. 

Performances are now having an effect with Saturday being the first time one of my mates isn't going another is working so if the weather's bad I probably watch livestream rather than sit myself at the game. The club needs to get results or not going to the odd game will become more common. 

Eight of us all STs, three years ago, now four. I’m sure there’s many others in same boat.

Tuesday epitomised where we as a club and how low we’ve sunk. Effortless imposters (apart from earlier said players)in our colours. A part time team taking the piss out us for long periods in Tuesdays game.

The clubs Identity lost by many BODS / CEOs / Managers over the past ten or so years. 

Genuinely think we’ are nearing the Abyss as it’s obvious we’re not going up. Can’t lay blame on the new BOD, but this season end could see the many long serving loyal STs refusing to renew.

Final word on Rennie - although a notorious difficult transfer window, for me the positions we needed to fill were overlooked. Playing with no one up at corners, and admittance he hasn’t the right players to execute tactics he continues to play should send alarm bells to the people who put him in place.

1 hour ago, champions said:

And left the club aged 40

So what’s you’re point? I’m comparing both players at the time they arrived at the Club. 

Latapy went on to be the best I’ve ever seen in a Falkirk jersey and I doubt I’ll ever see anyone surpass him, but if my memory serves me right, his first season amongst shite at Ochilview was far from convincing. A few moments of genius for sure, but it was during his second season when he really started to shine.

Let’s just give Griffiths a chance ffs. Would his performances to date have as many critics if his name was Lee Miller? A man who knows all about downing tools!

On 23/02/2022 at 18:25, Shadwell Dog said:

He left a coaching job at a girls  college side though to come to us.  Is the standard of player there that much  better than Scottish League one that he wouldn't be use to it?

Was referring to the MLS & the K League obviously 

I actually thought Rennie was claiming that he doesn’t have the right type of player to set us out any differently than he does. I might have picked that up wrongly. Given that he has brought in 6, then clearly he has no intention of playing any other system as he chose not to bring in any of “that type”.

Picking up on my friend’s “neutral eye” on our defensive set up, then player quality apart, there does seem to be issues of discipline (not bookings…..discipline of functioning together as a defensive unit). On Tuesday, they were certainly all over the place. There were signs yet again of our midfield sitting on top of the back three ending up with sometimes seven players back in defence but just as a muddle of individuals rather than players carrying out specific roles.

The EF game might represent our last realistic chance of winning a game for a wee while. Sad to say, I doubt very much that we will get 4th.

I just love home spun journalism like this. It’s the form guide for the up and coming EF game. What price a proof reader?

A8D09DCA-9B48-49AE-B590-FC0FBF971937.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Freemason

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dowds and Kabia have both scored goals since coming in. Theres no excuse for Griffiths, whos quality should give him a fairly appreciable advantage over those two.

If he cant score goals, lets not be making excuses for him, or the board who pulled the trigger on a fairly expensive gamble.

Pish, the manager has a budget. He signs the players it is f**k all to do, or nor should it be, who he signs.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pish, the manager has a budget. He signs the players it is f**k all to do, or nor should it be, who he signs.

I sincerely doubt Rennie had the budget available that he could make that call alone. The Griffiths signing required a bit more IMO. Its not a standard signing. 

Im not saying anyone should be hung and drawn if it doesn't work out, what i'm saying is theres no excuse for why Dowds and Kabia can chip in with goals but suddenly a hitherto Premiership player and Scotland squad regular needs better service or none of it is his fault. 

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If he cant score goals, lets not be making excuses for him, or the board who pulled the trigger on a fairly expensive gamble.

To be fair, was signing Griffiths seen as a gamble at the time? I had my reservations because as a Clyde fan and general lower league dwelling piece of shit, players dropping down multiple levels is always a bit of a red flag, but it still seemed like a bit of a no-brainer signing.

13 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

So what’s you’re point? I’m comparing both players at the time they arrived at the Club. 

Latapy went on to be the best I’ve ever seen in a Falkirk jersey and I doubt I’ll ever see anyone surpass him, but if my memory serves me right, his first season amongst shite at Ochilview was far from convincing. A few moments of genius for sure, but it was during his second season when he really started to shine.

Let’s just give Griffiths a chance ffs. Would his performances to date have as many critics if his name was Lee Miller? A man who knows all about downing tools!

The Lee Miller comparison is mental. Miller came through as a teenager, made us a few quid when we sold him, returned as a player and then managed us. He played over 100 games for us over the best part of 8 seasons.

I agree we should give Griffiths a chance but it’s defo not a like for like comparison.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I sincerely doubt Rennie had the budget available that he could make that call alone. The Griffiths signing required a bit more IMO. Its not a standard signing. 

Im not saying anyone should be hung and drawn if it doesn't work out, what i'm saying is theres no excuse for why Dowds and Kabia can chip in with goals but suddenly a hitherto Premiership player and Scotland squad regular needs better service or none of it is his fault. 

Don’t agree on the budget bit. 
As I have said before play all three and let the opposition worry about our attacking threat. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t agree on the budget bit. 
As I have said before play all three and let the opposition worry about our attacking threat. 

I've said nothing about it being a failure or a daft signing. Only time will tell that one. All I have said is that it seems like people are pre emptively making excuses for Griffiths being a failure, and for the most part making excuses for Griffiths himself, when the reality is Dowds and Kabia have picked up a probably acceptable haul of goals in the game time they have had. 

I agree we should look to get all three on the park. Move the burden of creativity further up the park and give those capable of moments of something out of nothing the best chance of doing it.