The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

As opposed to the sterling results and performances we're enjoying now

I didn’t say anything about our current results, however, that formation would be suicide. We’d get destroyed down the wings and we’d still be overrun in the middle of the park. I don’t know what the answer is but I’m pretty sure that isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Dowds will go with many fans blessings now. 

Struggled at first, written off by his employers and doubted by fans; brought back to play a level below what he's capable of and has given his all. 

If only some others had shown his attitude after all that we might not be in the predicament were in.

Credit to Arbroath for the improvement with Dowds, and one of three maybe four that at least tried last night. Watched the highlights and for those who put a case up for Telfer, last night only confirmed my earlier post. 

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It sums us up that having strengthened our forward line significantly with the signing of kabia and return of dowds instead of then concentrating on the areas where we are weakest he brings in another bloody striker on 1500 quid plus a week.

I’m sorry but it’s not as cut and dry as that. There aren’t any commanding centre midfielders free agents that we could have offered good money to come and our other option is loans, however, if a club isn’t willing to loan you a player then doesn’t matter if you’ll pay £1,500 a week for him, they still won’t loan him. 

If we hadn’t signed Griffiths, I’m pretty certain we still wouldn’t have another centre mid in. 

31 minutes ago, Trump said:

Convinced it’s not only a game is some relation to Dowds. Only posts on here when it’s to do with him. Shame for Anton to have this person making a fool of themself over him, he’ll be embarrassed by all this.

Paranoia .

comment on your midfield!

many comments on DGW at Raith.!

Evem more comments on our disaster season at EF.!

when the obvious is said about Dowds from an EF fan , they have to be a relative!

Next you will be saying Ark sports the sports agency are relatives. Maybe people are saying the obvious? 

i’m no related  to Arksports or Dowds but loved him as a boy who has come through the  unorthodox system  of Uni rather than academy.

Anyway enjoy him whilst he is with you.👌 

4 season in a row Falkirk have done the same thing.

New manager signing a new team that is not good enough to achieve its purpose - promotion.

In building a new team this time the danger is that the same problems encountered will repeat itself. The quality of player required for a variety of reasons ain't going to be interested. Therefore a new strategy is required to break this self repeating failure.

Hybrid Full time / Part time set up.  4 maybe 5 30+ aged full time pros and signed as a unit good players knowing who they hope to be playing with. With a further 4 - 5 full time players of a mixture of ages all tasked with bringing on the best part time players available with the promise of a full time contract if they get promoted.

These older players see this as a stepping stone into management therefore well motivated and not just jobbers picking up a wage. the younger ones become better and either stay and be part of the rebuilding or we cash in on them for once having players teams want to buy. The best young part time players attracted by a full time time football club should we get promoted. Is it perfect ? No. But it is a strategy built round 2 - 3 seasons to progress up the divisions.  

16 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Paranoia .

comment on your midfield!

many comments on DGW at Raith.!

Evem more comments on our disaster season at EF.!

when the obvious is said about Dowds from an EF fan , they have to be a relative!

Next you will be saying Ark sports the sports agency are relatives. Maybe people are saying the obvious? 

i’m no related  to Arksports or Dowds but loved him as a boy who has come through the  unorthodox system  of Uni rather than academy.

Anyway enjoy him whilst he is with you.👌 

Tbf there’s defo something in that. They’ve shown themselves up on twitter big time the last few months - not looked favourably upon by football people I can tell you that much. 

Dowds has come back to us, probably when he didn’t want to, and has outworked and outplayed everyone in our team who are fighting for their playing careers. He deserves the move to arbroath or the prem and you won’t find a falkirk fan saying otherwise. Quite why you don’t believe that is strange behaviour.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It wasn't as pressing a need as other areas though. We could've muddled through with dowds and kabia if pushed.

Of course I could be wildly off the mark here (not), but I think you may just have had something to say if we were forced to play Wilson or Ompreon if either Dowds or Kabia were injured. I've a feeling that another striker may have become the most pressing area if that was the case! :rolleyes:

Just on the Williamson chat I genuinely think he’s one of the worst full backs I’ve ever seen at attempting to stop a cross coming into the box. Every cross attempting from his side gets in and he’s either too much of a shitebag or just incapable of stopping it.

20 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If we lose all three of Kabia, Dowds and Griffiths for next season, which is a strong possibility, I dread to see the strikers we end up with.  

After the battering that Kabia and Dowds got last night I wouldn't be surprised if we've lost them for Saturday!

Just now, bairn88 said:

Given the shitebag antics of Williamson last night, and the last throw of the dice nature of the game on Saturday, surely it’s time to deploy our secret weapon? 

Jaime Wilson at right wing back

Gee Fckn whiz, I’m almost agreeing with you. Arguing all day with best mates about WBS & R/LBs. Could it be much worse giving the guy a chance, after last night’s showing he deserves it. We've assembled for the fourth year running, an absolutely pile of shite.

Of course I could be wildly off the mark here (not), but I think you may just have had something to say if we were forced to play Wilson or Ompreon if either Dowds or Kabia were injured. I've a feeling that another striker may have become the most pressing area if that was the case! :rolleyes:

At least playing Ompreon is a laugh tbh. He’s absolutely garbage but almost entertaining watching him attempt to be a football player.

Also right up for starting Jaime ‘Jaime’ Wilson at right wing back this Saturday as well if nothing else it will be a gid laugh.

The football we play is absolutely horrendous so might as well chuck a couple of hopeless jobbers on to give us something else to focus on.

Guest Ecosse83

Speaking to 2 of my mates tonight that’s me done for the season. I never thought I’d see the day that they would rather spend the day with the missus than go to the football. 🤦‍♂️

Definitely going on Saturday. Since Hartley’s Heroes, I have found a weird magnetism that draws me to games when we seem to be really really bad…..it’s nothing more than morbid curiosity.

I am getting really old now. As my mate said to me last night, “a decade ago, and this performance would have turned you into a seething mess. Now you just sit and shake your head and laugh at the bad bits.”

Its true though. I couldn’t go from Hartley’s Heroes until today in a constant state of seethe.