The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s not though because we’re not even getting to a point where an investment has taken place.

An investment doesn't have to be money. It can be time and effort.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Yup. It's a variation of the Sunk Cost fallacy. "We've invested so much in this, we can't get shot of it even if it's not working".

Similarly: 

"Don't cling to a mistake - Just because you spent a lot of your time making it"

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mills and Dowds the only ones with pass marks. 
Please no one ever say Paul Dixon is our best CH ever again. He is done. 
Baffling team selection however I don’t see this squad, no matter how it is juggled being any use. 
Looks like a few injuries too. 

Agreed with Dixon I’ve been one of his biggest fans since he signed but he looked well off it and half the time looking like he was going through the motions.

I'm also not buying that we couldn't have managed a change from the 5 at the back last night we could have easily done it with just a few tweaks. Dixon off for Mccann push Mcguffie on one, Jacobs on for Miller and shift Nesbitt out wide right. Griffiths obviously had to come on to replace Kabia.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Mccann
Jacobs
Nesbitt Mcguffie
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

Edited by FFC 1876

Few more days to source another Midfielder which I guess is unlikely at this stage but we simply cannot have Gary Miller anywhere near that midfield ever again. I’ve not seen too many matches in the flesh this season due to personal circumstance but last night was just awful. 

Peterhead hunting us down in packs meanwhile their players just glided passed Miller/Nesbitt/Telfer (never again please)

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Few more days to source another Midfielder which I guess is unlikely at this stage but we simply cannot have Gary Miller anywhere near that midfield ever again. I’ve not seen too many matches in the flesh this season due to personal circumstance but last night was just awful. 

Peterhead hunting us down in packs meanwhile their players just glided passed Miller/Nesbitt/Telfer (never again please)

Get Dundee United's door chapped and get Lewis Neilson back in. More than capable of playing in the middle of the park given how good he was on the ball. 5-3-2 below simply because we know it's not going to change.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson ATS Mccann
Neilson Jacobs
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

When Morrison's back(if he's back this season) against the teams above us in the league we need to go 4-4-2 as otherwise they just hem us in our own half and our wing backs never get forward enough to effect the game.

Mutch
Morrison Telfer Jacobs Mcguffie
Dowds Griffiths

Guest Ecosse83

Loving all these 4 at the back ideas but let’s face it it’s not going to happen. Rennie is stuck on 352 and nothing will change that. 

Be prepared for 352, no tactical tweaks at all and like for Like subs for the rest of the season. Depressing stuff! 

We could go round the houses naming different starting XI’s and formations but it doesn’t matter. The club is still a complete basket case with continually poor recruitment and a lack of rea leadership, vision and direction. 

This season is over, every single player is a complete joke and Rennie isn’t the answer. Stay in the division and get a team in place that can win this league next season. 

Awful though the whole sorry experience was last night the thing that really scunnered me was Williamson continually shiteing out of challenges.

Really inexcusable at any time but when you are in our desperate position he should get his arse kicked up and down the Grangemouth Road then told to find himself another club.

Imposter.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm also not buying that we couldn't have managed a change from the 5 at the back last night we could have easily done it with just a few tweaks. Dixon off for Mccann push Mcguffie on one, Jacobs on for Miller and shift Nesbitt out wide right. Griffiths obviously had to come on to replace Kabia.

Mutch
Jacobs
Nesbitt Mcguffie
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

You’re getting absolutely destroyed with that formation and personnel 

To use the language you are so accustomed to using, just F- CK off you hypocrite!
Re The old board your views were  vile. The new Board with your pals- give them time. Even Stevie Wonder could see after one game your midfield was hopeless.
 Months later, many weeks later , you cant still find a player even under loan. Behave..
Anyway, Dowds seems to be doing ok, many Falkirk  fans seem to like him despite the “hate”’you , GTF, Shadwell  and Ebobsboy have against him.
He is a favourite of all of us at EF,He was one of the first to signup to king kevs testimonial, here also  he is in Bobby Linns first 11 at his testimonial.

Before  you ask never met the boy, but having played football   I feel i can always recognise a player, But more importantly king Kev and Bobby also recognise a player- and want him in first 11.
He will always be welcome at Bayview- he just needs to  behave on Saturday!

Took a stroke reading this.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Awful though the whole sorry experience was last night the thing that really scunnered me was Williamson continually shiteing out of challenges.

Really inexcusable at any time but when you are in our desperate position he should get his arse kicked up and down the Grangemouth Road then told to find himself another club.

Imposter.

The one with Quintongo in the second half where he would have been clean through was a shocker.

27 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

To use the language you are so accustomed to using, just F- CK off you hypocrite!

Re The old board your views were  vile. The new Board with your pals- give them time. Even Stevie Wonder could see after one game your midfield was hopeless.

Months later, many weeks later , you cant still find a player even under loan. Behave..

Anyway, Dowds seems to be doing ok, many Falkirk  fans seem to like him despite the “hate”’you , GTF, Shadwell  and Ebobsboy have against him.

He is a favourite of all of us at EF,He was one of the first to signup to king kevs testimonial, here also  he is in Bobby Linns first 11 at his testimonial.

Before  you ask never met the boy, but having played football   I feel i can always recognise a player, But more importantly king Kev and Bobby also recognise a player- and want him in first 11.

He will always be welcome at Bayview- he just needs to  behave on Saturday!

I ain’t going to answer the first bit as you have no idea what has gone on at Falkirk. 

As far as Dowds goes he has come back a much better player from Arbroath after failing miserably in his first season with us. He has stood out since coming back to us and fair play to Rennie for keeping him when it would have been easy to let him stay at Arbroath. He will get a good move in the summer. 

Last night was like watching an U12's development team's first foray into football with one of the parents coaching. Completely disorganised, players with no idea what to do individually or collectively, some realising that playing in the wind and rain isnt quite for them etc

Up there with some of most inept performances I've ever witnessed.