The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely fucking shite. We stole a point there, deserved absolutely nothing from the game with both Savoury and Ritchie missing great second half chances whilst we created absolutely nothing at all from open play. Grant Savoury was the best player on the park tonight he was miles ahead of any of our midfield and Scott Brown had the cigars out at the back.

This 5-3-2 garbage is going to get us absolutely nowhere it’s clear for everyone to see that it’s not working and it’s not going to work but week in week out that diddy persists with it. That’s absolutely pathetic and terrible management. He’s either incapable, scared or just too stubborn to make any real change to the system. The substitutions were bas tonight but that last sub was absolutely unforgivable. Paul Watson gets a knock and has to come off fair enough but to go for a ‘straight swap’ and bring on the worst centre back in the league McKenzie Lemon and keep the 5 at the back is beyond ridiculous. Rennie had a chance here but he’s absolutely fucked it.

Let’s get onto the players now. Is Ryan Williamson the biggest shitebag in football? Lost count of the number of times he shat out of tackles or deliberately slowed down to avoid any contact. The pathetic dive in the second half was the worst of the lot. I actually think Gary Miller is ok at breaking up the play but his passing and decision making is abysmal and his legs are done at this level. Aidan Nesbitt is the worst passer of a ball I’ve ever seen, he struggles to complete 5 yard passes. Rennies love child McGuffie is absolutely ganting. He always just runs into trouble even if a pass is on he’ll just run into a group of defenders. Paul Dixon was terrible again tonight but still thought the decision to take him off for the equally terrible ATS was absolutely baffling. Finally I touched on it earlier but there is absolutely no situation where McKenzie Lemon should have to play for us.

How much further can we fall? We’re in trouble and looking more like a part time club next season with little or no chance of getting out this league. There’s no sign of any green shoots of recovery, if anything we’re going backwards.

Nightmare situation for the new board but they’ve taken the challenge on and need to show they can make the difficult decisions. They’re fast running out of time.

So, so poor.

It's fair to say come the end of this season we're in no better position than when we started.

Yet more turnover of players, a new management team and another season battling in L1 with a part-time squad.

Rennie and the club have had time to suss each other and both parties should realistically be looking at alternatives now.

Tonight should also put to bed that Dixon is some sort of defensive rock beside the others. He and Miller are done and even their passable performances are behind them.

Whoever we appoint needs to change the culture as whatever is in place now has seeped into the fabric of the TFS and is rotting everyone who passes into the team. 

Absolutely abysmal and for me he can head back to USA tomorrow. Should never have been appointed, the last thing this club needed was an experiment but the new board decided he was the man to turn things around when most of us thought it required someone with experience and their gambles failed, miserably!! Next appointment now critical.....  

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He isn't the manager chief.

Kevin Thomson has had a good 6 months at Kelty in a league they expected to steamroll. What is appealing about him?

Would you have signed Barry Ferguson before he went to Alloa?

I never said he appealed, was just making the point that we already have a guy who is always in the media to discuss Rangers. Let me assure you, no one here hates Rangers* more than I do

*interchangable with their mirror image

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He isn't the manager chief.

Kevin Thomson has had a good 6 months at Kelty in a league they expected to steamroll. What is appealing about him?

Would you have signed Barry Ferguson before he went to Alloa?

Ach my Thomson comment was tongue in cheek. I fanboyed Thomson previously before he got the Kelty job. He’d be a massive risk. I like how he talks about the game and is very driven. You’re right in that he will be properly judged next season with Kelty in League 1. God knows who is next for us, that is chat for another day!

Do we wait until the end of the season or do we try and identify someone for the job now. Granted Rennie will be here until May probably but hopefully the board are discussing potential targets. I also think we may have to look at the full time set up as we truly are scraping the bottom of the full time player barrel and would be better trying to get some of the cream of the part time crop. 

Has been mentioned earlier but when was the last time we looked like the home team?

Dowds the only player, for me, who gets pass marks this evening.

Everywhere else on the pitch I witnessed Williamson and Telfer shite-ing out of challenges or panicked clearances under little pressure.

Jacobs at the death summed this team up for me: On his own in Peterhead corner with *3* Peterhead players chasing him down and every other Falkirk player retreating back to our half. 

The lot of them can go.

11 minutes ago, brokeville said:

How much further can we fall? We’re in trouble and looking more like a part time club next season with little or no chance of getting out this league. There’s no sign of any green shoots of recovery, if anything we’re going backwards.

Nightmare situation for the new board but they’ve taken the challenge on and need to show they can make the difficult decisions. They’re fast running out of time.

They were the ones who opted for this bizarre appointment, we're now worse than what we were under sheerin.  We were nothing short of a shambles tonight. 

I really hope that whoever pushed for rennie is not involved in the new manager search.

Guest TedCrilly

Sheerin’s point tally during his last 9 games in charge was a measly 12. Horrific and rightfully punted. 
Rennie, after the luxury of adding 6 players inc. 1 on substantial wages has managed to accumulate 11 points within the same time frame. Season’s over, boys.

Well that was a complete and utter shitshow tonight. I was all for giving Rennie time but where the f**k do you go after that? Persisting with 3-5-2 with McGuffie at LWB and Miller in the middle of the park stinking the place out. Still trying to pass out from the fucking back despite Peterhead's 3 forwards within 5 yards of our 3 CHs. Everyone back at corners. We were second to so many 50/50s in the middle of the park, and didnt have anyone on the pitch capable of making a tackle to then win the ball back. Pass marks to Dowds, Kabia, Telfer & Mills and that's about it. If Peterhead got on with the game rather than time wasting and fouling our players they would have won easily as we were absolutely ganting throughout the 90 minutes.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, champions said:

They were the ones who opted for this bizarre appointment, we're now worse than what we were under sheerin.  We were nothing short of a shambles tonight. 

I really hope that whoever pushed for rennie is not involved in the new manager search.

They were split between Rennie and Rice and someone really pushed for Rennie, looks a dreadful decision now. 

Rice would have done a better job than Rennie that’s for sure! 

I think they should act now, get someone in to assess the current squad as soon as possible and clears the decks ahead of next season. The coming season is one  in which the club has to go up. We all have our own thoughts on who the Manager should be or who we would like to see at the club but for me I'd go for Jack Ross.....  I see no point in persisting with current experiment till the end of season. What's to be gained from that!