The Falkirk FC Thread

Exactly anyone that thinks the Spfl is a better product needs their bloody eyes tested.  
I have watched Great games up my local park. Two team of pub amateurs going for it can be very entertaining. It does not matter what level you are at you can get entertainment skill or not. The game is popular not just for the big money stars with their fantastic skills but for the passion it can create no matter what level you play at

I'm also in the camp of hoping Rennie succeeds but as others have said, with 6 new signings we can't blame the poor performances & tactics on Sheerin or Holt anymore.  

I said before the match I hoped Kabia wasn't pushed out wide but dropping him altogether was just madness and a result of putting all our chips on Griffiths when we should have spent that cash on a quality midfielder.  Unless we go 4 - 3- 3 (which lets be honest isn't going to happen soon) we'll always be without either Dowds, Griffiths or Kabia while we're forced to play Hetherington, Miller, McGuffie or Ross with Telfer and Jacobs in the middle.  

At the very least we need to go to 4 - 4- 2.  Williamson and McCann have proved that while we all probably thought they could, they simply can't play wingback effectively.  It's leaving us short in defence and poor on the wings.  

Mutch

Williamson. Watson. Mills.  Dixon

Morrison (when fit). Telfer Jacobs. Nesbitt (or McGuffie)

Dowds. Kabia

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

My biggest frustration with Rennie stems around the thing thats needed fixing for seasons now and he hasnt addressed it as yet.

Despite being full time and in theory able to train more and hence be fitter and stronger, no one has made us difficult to play against. We remain the easiest afternoon in the league. More attacking talent means that sometimes that wont result in a loss because of a sheer lack of ability in the opposition, but theres no team against whom its easier for individual players to win their battles than us.

Wer not tough, we dont fight, we dont get stuck in, we dont outlast, we dont outsprint. On a physical basis, we have been pathetic since Houston left. No Falkirk team has been able to compete on that side of it with the exception of a brief few months of Hartley post January window.

Cove are neither riddled with talent, or hugely physical, but they have enough of both for this league.

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Exactly anyone that thinks the Spfl is a better product needs their bloody eyes tested.  

I have watched Great games up my local park. Two team of pub amateurs going for it can be very entertaining. It does not matter what level you are at you can get entertainment skill or not. The game is popular not just for the big money stars with their fantastic skills but for the passion it can create no matter what level you play at

That's not a commercial product like the epl or Spfl. It's a bunch of guys simply enjoying themselves. You go along pay hee haw and know what to expect and enjoy it. The product at Falkirk and most Scottish games has plummeted since I would say the early 90s despite improved facilities in the main and more money floating about. When your paying money to watch you should at least expect the players on show to be able to control and pass a ball but that is becoming more and more of a rarity watching Falkirk these days.

34 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats the thing though the team need to be on form or all putting in the same effort you have a brad mckay putting in a 50% effort and a Hetherington putting in a 60-70% effort youve got 8 other outfielf players trying to carry 2 passengers the trouble is there are too many not putting in the effort required.

I'd argue that both McKay and Hetherington put in more effort than most. Unfortunately, as we know, effort alone isn't enough.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My biggest frustration with Rennie stems around the thing thats needed fixing for seasons now and he hasnt addressed it as yet.

Despite being full time and in theory able to train more and hence be fitter and stronger, no one has made us difficult to play against. We remain the easiest afternoon in the league. More attacking talent means that sometimes that wont result in a loss because of a sheer lack of ability in the opposition, but theres no team against whom its easier for individual players to win their battles than us.

Wer not tough, we dont fight, we dont get stuck in, we dont outlast, we dont outsprint. On a physical basis, we have been pathetic since Houston left. No Falkirk team has been able to compete on that side of it with the exception of a brief few months of Hartley post January window.

Cove are neither riddled with talent, or hugely physical, but they have enough of both for this league.

Spot on as soon as a side presses us we're found wanting yet we give the opposition acres of space to play in.

I'd argue that both McKay and Hetherington put in more effort than most. Unfortunately, as we know, effort alone isn't enough.

McKay does try tbf but he’s just absolutely garbage. Hetherington was just going through the motions yesterday. A slow amble is about the best you can get from him.

Guest Ecosse83

If Rennie persists with his current formation then he will be his own worst enemy. I want him to succeed but he is starting to look one dimensional or stubborn! 

Hopefully we try something different on Tuesday. 

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But we shouldn't be having to play these players that's the thing. We've had a full transfer window to ensure they don't play in the navy blue again apart from an injury crisis. We signed a boy from hull. Why then is Mackay still playing?  We signed Jacobs so hetherington shouldn't be anywhere near the side even though we could do with another midfielder which should really have been a priority over  one of the 3 strikers.  I'd play anyone before I'd play bloody hetherington again.

The only thing i can think of they are showing enough in training to say am picked for saturday when it comes to it they simply lower their effort/down tools then the circle repeats the following week. Being half decent in trg is one thing but these guys are 2 of the more experienced and not being good enough on the field.

We have never been a team that sits back and defend and thats been our problem we lack the players to create chances and our defence lacks a Yogi/Joe McLaughlin/Den Biemen/Wishart kind of player

Edited by AL-FFC

The only thing i can think of they are showing enough in training to say am picked for saturday when it comes to it they simply lower their effort/down tools then the circle repeats the following week. Being half decent in trg is one thing but these guys are 2 of the more experienced and not being good enough on the field.
We have never been a team that sits back and defend and thats been our problem we lack the players to create chances and our defence lacks a Yogi/Joe McLaughlin/Den Biemen/Wishart kind of player
Wer in League 1, anyone of the calibre of the guys you mentioned wouldnt last a single transfer window. Our defence doesnt even have an Aaron Muirhead [emoji19]

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Wer in League 1, anyone of the calibre of the guys you mentioned wouldnt last a single transfer window. Our defence doesnt even have an Aaron Muirhead emoji19.png

Even Aero had his limitations, its not the fact Aero was good the rest we had was pretty shit which made him stand out that bit more.

Again we face a rebuilding job starting with defence and midfield if we can keep Dowds, Morrison, McCann, Watson, Mutch, Dixon theres 6 but i think Holt and the last Board prob done enough damage to see Dowds offski

Telfer goes missing too often, Nesbitt has a bit of a spark

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Even Aero had his limitations, its not the fact Aero was good the rest we had was pretty shit which made him stand out that bit more.

Again we face a rebuilding job starting with defence and midfield if we can keep Dowds, Morrison, McCann, Watson, Mutch, Dixon theres 6 but i think Holt and the last Board prob done enough damage to see Dowds offski

Telfer goes missing too often, Nesbitt has a bit of a spark

I was really just trying to articulate how bad it currently is 😂

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was really just trying to articulate how bad it currently is 😂

I think everyone knows, Rennie must have the most uneviable job in football right now, he might have brought in 6 but i still think he is living in hope in trying to get a tune out of some of whats been mentioned in which he probably has a better chance of getting the lottery numbers than that one happening.

Who in the f*ck thought appointing Holt as a DoF a good idea needs their balls booted he has to have winged it and just thought f*ck it they are good enough 

Edited by AL-FFC

I’m not sure about the attitude similarities to Sunderland and don’t think the majority of fans think we’re billy big boys.

As earlier posted I find very difficult to accept despite the fact we continue to back the club financially, have one of the highest budgets we continue to regress.

We continue to sign players that are joe average and angry to see players like Hetherington ATS McKay wearing the jersey. 
Yes lm a realist and yes we won’t win all our games, but against CR we simply didn’t turn up (again) just another usual Saturday.

I’ve backed guys like Telfer, but with barely a quarter of the season left, we’ve had his three or four good performances but that’s it, his attitude and inconsistent stinks, he’s a really decent player but like most yesterday the game passed him by.

For me I’d love to get into the play offs but at present does anyone really expect us to?

Many posters on here said way back we need a decent spine to build on - where are we ? GK needed - 1 CB still needed - WBs ? - Midfield - Still 1 needed - CF filled with Griffiths with ten games to play. This is our story……

38 minutes ago, Russ said:

McKay does try tbf but he’s just absolutely garbage. Hetherington was just going through the motions yesterday. A slow amble is about the best you can get from him.

I can understand why hetherington and mckay are the scapegoats,but most of that team yesterday were just going through the motions,  so its only fair the rest of them getting pulled up for it rather than singling out the obvious two. How many times do you see our players sprinting to get forward or back, or sprinting to close down the opposition?

Dowds I thought put a shift in and mutch played well but the rest were just ambling about the pitch. The amount of times the cove side just sauntered through our side unapposed was ridiculous. 

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think everyone knows, Rennie must have the most uneviable job in football right now, he might have brought in 6 but i still think he is living in hope in trying to get a tune out of some of whats been mentioned in which he probably has a better chance of getting the lottery numbers than that one happening.

Who in the f*ck thought appointing Holt as a DoF a good idea needs their balls booted he has to have winged it and just thought f*ck it they are good enough 

Take your point. But all the posters are saying your midfield is woeful. So why play tit tat football at the back when you have a poor midfield that you cant play thro. No tactician but with Kabia and Dowds who can run down the channels  and have pace, even if they lose the ball, the game is played in the right part of the football pitch- Arbroath are doing rather well using those tactics.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's brought in 6 now though which if the right signings should've provided us with a team that can at least compete with the other sides in the top half and get a decent run going.  There should be absolutely no need to keep playing hetherington and Mackay after a whole transfer window has passed. 

I for one gave every player a clean slate under Rennie but Hetherington should be below Wilson for a centre mid place.

The suspension surely will see McKay out till hell freezes.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But we shouldn't be having to play these players that's the thing. We've had a full transfer window to ensure they don't play in the navy blue again apart from an injury crisis. We signed a boy from hull. Why then is Mackay still playing?  We signed Jacobs so hetherington shouldn't be anywhere near the side even though we could do with another midfielder which should really have been a priority over  one of the 3 strikers.  I'd play anyone before I'd play bloody hetherington again.

Answered your own question re Hetherington playing. We need another centre mid in if we continue with 3-5-2 whereas a 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 we could get away with what we have I think. 

Rennie got it wrong yesterday for me, how Cove could cause havoc with their 2 up against our 4 in attack during the game when Reynolds had a cigar out till Kabia came on.

The full backs never got forward which left the mid 3 to be defensive, attacking and our width. As much as I can slate players, we really don't give them the tools to succeed and that's the managers job.

I was screaming in the 2nd half to get a centre half off, only McKay listened

50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Leaders at the back and in midfield should have been top priority in the window. Cove got the likes of Reynolds in which is exactly the kind of player we needed.

If he won’t move his family from Aberdeen (and that is where he is based not Broughty Ferry) you can’t blame the club for that.