The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure there will be that many but 6/700+ for sure 

For the first time (in a long time) there’s an optimistic feeling for what’s happening at the club. Yes it’s small building blocks, let’s not forget the howling middle twenty or so minutes against Alloa, where we looked really nervy, but after the second forty five we clicked into some of the best football since……someone reminds me.

With now Griffiths, Dowds and Kalbie we look a million miles away from three-four weeks ago up front, and even McKay lately hasn’t been the arse we’ve become accustomed to. 
1000 gate 🙄

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure there will be that many but 6/700+ for sure 

Looking forward to it. Early start then an overnighter in Aberdeen. Even 6/700 will make a real noise in a stadium like Cove’s.

Obviously want a victory, but I don't see at as make or break like some posters. We’re in a straight scrap with QP and one game won't decide it. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Looking forward to it. Early start then an overnighter in Aberdeen. Even 6/700 will make a real noise in a stadium like Cove’s.

Obviously want a victory, but I don't see at as make or break like some posters. We’re in a straight scrap with QP and one game won't decide it. 

Arithmetically, no. Psychologically, hell yes.

Win this game (regardless of what QP do against EF), and Rennie and Miller (and probably Griffiths too) will begin to change the mindset of the team into one that expects to win rather than one conditioned to losing.

I think we all understand well enough the part that confidence and belief can play in all sports. That can really get off to a flier by beating Cove Rangers next week. I doubt that Rennie will be thinking that drawing or losing next Saturday isn’t all that bad.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I think it's too late for this season. 2/3 of the games gone, it takes time to build a team. Players, even very good ones, take time to bed in and gel but we're still assembling a team and have glaring weaknesses still. Midfield is especially hard to fill so even if we get a great midfielder this week, it's going to take 3 or 4 games before they really become effective. You can't turn a season around with so few games left. 

Sneak into the play offs, yes maybe. But we've all seen how the system is (rightly) stacked against the team finishing 4th and (wrongly) stacked in favour of the team from the division above. 

I think we're steadying the ship and looking at doing something next season. 

26 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I think it's too late for this season. 2/3 of the games gone, it takes time to build a team. Players, even very good ones, take time to bed in and gel but we're still assembling a team and have glaring weaknesses still. Midfield is especially hard to fill so even if we get a great midfielder this week, it's going to take 3 or 4 games before they really become effective. You can't turn a season around with so few games left. 

Sneak into the play offs, yes maybe. But we've all seen how the system is (rightly) stacked against the team finishing 4th and (wrongly) stacked in favour of the team from the division above. 

I think we're steadying the ship and looking at doing something next season. 

The stacking only applies for championship to premier league.  afaik its not like that for league 1 to championship play offs its traditional semi final, final (except over 2 legs)

18 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

The stacking only applies for championship to premier league.  afaik its not like that for league 1 to championship play offs its traditional semi final, final (except over 2 legs)

Aye, everyone plays the same number of games in our one. Not the club from the league up sat there waiting on someone to come through 2 or even 4 tough matches to play them, and get them at home for the second leg by default.... A nonsense system.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, everyone plays the same number of games in our one. Not the club from the league up sat there waiting on someone to come through 2 or even 4 tough matches to play them, and get them at home for the second leg by default.... A nonsense system.

I still find it baffling that fans don’t understand that the playoff systems are different 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s going to be a hell of a scrap but I think we will make the playoffs and Airdrie will overtake Cove.

Imagine going up against Hartley in the playoffs.... I dont know if I have room in my heart for that amount of hate

Stop Farting About - was used in an earlier post, for me this is so bloody true and next Saturday is where the season unfortunately starts.
We’ve been piss rank rotten for the majority of games, in a piss rank rotten league. Somehow we’ve been able to keep touch, and there’s no questioning that Rennie has brought In better players, however we still have weaknesses. A win on Saturday would certainly give us hope and that’s something we’ve not had much of……..

A bit of topic but does anybody know if the clubs ever received additional government grants after the last lot of closed door/crowd restricted matches? I had read the SPFL were given more money to allocate to the cubs as mitigation for the loss of gate revenue over that period.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.