The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't see anyone being interested in Rennie at this stage. I'm sure if he gets us promoted and doing well then yes but at this moment in time I doubt he'll be on any teams radar. 

Got to laugh at Cormack though.  Glass was supposed to be a long term project according to his car crash  radio interview a few months back and yet he's away after 11 months.🤣

Jack Ross? Jim Goodwin? Just missed out on Alex Neil

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don’t disagree but three points against any of the top teams is something we’ve not done, confidence would return as it’s clear to me we’ve lacked for a long time.

A point wouldn't be a disaster. Queen's park managed to hold out with only ten men for about an hour though so three points is possible.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't see anyone being interested in Rennie at this stage. I'm sure if he gets us promoted and doing well then yes but at this moment in time I doubt he'll be on any teams radar. 

Got to laugh at Cormack though.  Glass was supposed to be a long term project according to his car crash  radio interview a few months back and yet he's away after 11 months.🤣

Spot on SD, add on the biggest lie/uturn on the league reconstruction. A total tosser….

On a slightly different topic, these next few months the Championship teams that got the £500,000 handout will file their 2021 accounts. Raith already have done so and surprise surprise made a nice profit in a year of lockdowns, no crowds and furlough on the go. Be interesting to see how the rest of them have done. Could never work out how you could get furlough money from the government for Part Time Footballers who already had Full Time jobs, or were getting Full Time furlough from it. 

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

On a slightly different topic, these next few months the Championship teams that got the £500,000 handout will file their 2021 accounts. Raith already have done so and surprise surprise made a nice profit in a year of lockdowns, no crowds and furlough on the go. Be interesting to see how the rest of them have done. Could never work out how you could get furlough money from the government for Part Time Footballers who already had Full Time jobs, or were getting Full Time furlough from it. 

Got their numbers you can post? 

Edited by Back Post Misses

The lift a win against cove would give the players and the fans next week would be immense. We need to go on a run if we are to get playoffs. I think on paper the players are good enough. Out of Williamson, McKay, Watson, ATS, Dixon, Mcann and Mills surely there is a defensive system with that lot that are good enough to get us promoted. Kabia, dowds and griffiths are also good enough to get us the goals we need. Kabia and dowds scoring record for us so far has been great. The obvious problem is midfield but hopefully jacobs comes good and we’ve seen what Telfer can do when he is on his game. It’s up to Rennie to get a tune out this lot. No passing it our from the back. Let’s go route 1 - two big physical strikers up there that will get us goals. COYB

32 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

The lift a win against cove would give the players and the fans next week would be immense. We need to go on a run if we are to get playoffs. I think on paper the players are good enough. Out of Williamson, McKay, Watson, ATS, Dixon, Mcann and Mills surely there is a defensive system with that lot that are good enough to get us promoted. Kabia, dowds and griffiths are also good enough to get us the goals we need. Kabia and dowds scoring record for us so far has been great. The obvious problem is midfield but hopefully jacobs comes good and we’ve seen what Telfer can do when he is on his game. It’s up to Rennie to get a tune out this lot. No passing it our from the back. Let’s go route 1 - two big physical strikers up there that will get us goals. COYB

Let's just miss the midfield and play 3 upfront. Launching it forward at every occasion. 

Beating Cove is not only possible, I think it’s essential. I think (and hope) MR in instilling a different mindset into the group rather than our endless “oh well, it’s not the end of our season, and we will work hard in training, and we have a chance to turn it around next week, and there’s more twists and turns to come”.

We need to be aiming for something like 28 points from the 36 available to us. Getting beat or drawing up at Cove just makes it less and likely that we will get anywhere near a play off spot. QP beat EF, and we lose to Cove, and we are 6 points adrift plus goal difference with eleven games to go.

We can no longer reach for the comfort blanket of drawing with teams above us.

No more fannying about.  It really is now or never.

Guest TedCrilly
8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think that the support can play a big part next weekend. Hopefully a right good few go up and back the team. 

Hopefully a centre mid signing through the week to play an even bigger part.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just shy of 1150 at Alloa on a horrible wet Tuesday night, wouldn’t be surprised to see around this number which would be excellent.

Not sure there will be that many but 6/700+ for sure