The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst I don't see Rennie changing from 3-5-2 it is still fun to try and shoehorn Morrison and Griffiths in there somewhere

Mutch

Williamson Watson Dixon McCann

Morrison Telfer Jacobs Griffiths

Dowds Kabia

I wouldn't mess Dowds or Kabia about considering they have 6 goals in 8 and 3 goals in 4. Maintain that over a season and you're looking at 25+ each. We still have to get the midfield balance right and stop making individual errors at the back (and playing it out from the back no matter what), but those problems are nothing compared to what we were suffering under Sheerin  

We can absolutely play it out from the back. Just not to the exclusion of everything else, even when its clearly not right for the opponents of the day.

Whilst I don't see Rennie changing from 3-5-2 it is still fun to try and shoehorn Morrison and Griffiths in there somewhere

Mutch

Dowds Kabia

I wouldn't mess Dowds or Kabia about considering they have 6 goals in 8 and 3 goals in 4. Maintain that over a season and you're looking at 25+ each. We still have to get the midfield balance right and stop making individual errors at the back (and playing it out from the back no matter what), but those problems are nothing compared to what we were suffering under Sheerin  

Suggesting we play Griffiths on the left side of a midfield 4 is absolutely fucking wild.

That’s even more mental than the c**t that was suggesting McKenzie Lemon play left back.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Suggesting we play Griffiths on the left side of a midfield 4 is absolutely fucking wild.

That’s even more mental than the c**t that was suggesting McKenzie Lemon play left back.

Hardly. He's played there plenty throughout his career ffs 

We can absolutely play it out from the back. Just not to the exclusion of everything else, even when its clearly not right for the opponents of the day.

Exactly this.

There are times when you should be playing out from the back when it actually makes sense. It really shouldn’t be the default and something we try and make work at all costs. If we’re getting pressed high up the park and there’s no obvious short pass on that won’t end up in trouble then there’s absolutely nothing wrong with going long particularly when we’ve got the likes of Dowds and Kabia up there.

Fwiw, Mutch in goal. A back 3 the includes Watson and Dixon. Il leave Rennie to call who is best between Mills, ATS and Mckay. Williamson and McCann at WB. Jacobs and Telfer in the middle with Kabia playing just in front of them, supporting Dowds and Griffiths. 

Unfortunate for Morrison but we are playing 3 at the back it seems. And on that basis, Morrison isnt a better option anywhere on the park than those who I have starting. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

It’s great to see the positivity on here and things changing behind the scenes at the club however I’m with Shadwell regarding Rennie. He has my support but there has been too many false dawns to proclaim him as the guy to take us back to the Championship. There’s been some good signs but the Cove game will really show us what progress has been made. 

Hardly. He's played there plenty throughout his career ffs 

He might have played left of the 3 for Celtic a couple of times, probably more likely to play on the right though tbh, but I really don’t think he’s ever played a professional game on the left of a midfield 4.

26 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

exactly....I'm sure he must've moaned like f*ck on the Dundee forum when he was signed for Dundee...but he still signed...and now he comes over to ours moaning when we sign LG.....some folk have too much time on their hands. 

Nah he was tight lipped then ironically.

Hopefully Griffiths and a few others get some much needed minutes under their belts today.

I'd like to see Mills given another chance as I didn't think he was bad in the Montrose game but Cove's obviously not the game to experiment. 

The final piece of the puzzle, for this season at least, is an energetic midfielder so hopefully we'll see one in before Cove.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

He really hasn't. That 4 4 2 would be fine but 100% swap kabia and Griffiths. No chance LG is going to play midfield relying on him to cover left back. He's there to score goals which is what he's good at. 

Personally I think it’d be crazy to shunt Kabia out wide. He’s a nightmare for defenders through the middle.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Mutch

Dowds Kabia

I don't think he'll play a back 4 unless he drops McCann and probably Williamson as neither are particularly good at the defensive part of their game. That would mean Miller and ATS coming in. 

As has been said often enough, I think we need another midfielder in the centre to compliment Telfer and Jacobs with Williamson and McCann either side. That gives us Watson and Dixon and A.N. Other at the back (Mills probably).

I also think that he won't play Griffiths from the start, at least in his early few games, as he still needs to get his fitness levels up. The thought of Dowds and Kabia wearing out defences before then giving them Griffiths to think about is quite appealing TBH.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think he'll play a back 4 unless he drops McCann and probably Williamson as neither are particularly good at the defensive part of their game. That would mean Miller and ATS coming in. 

How fickle football fans can be! Have you forgotten already about our super duper new RWB Jaime Wilson?

43 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How fickle football fans can be! Have you forgotten already about our super duper new RWB Jaime Wilson?

Joking aside, the guy may well turn out to be ok at RWB. Having, presumably, never played as a defender before though...

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I think it’d be crazy to shunt Kabia out wide. He’s a nightmare for defenders through the middle.

At the same time it would be madness to have a player of Griffiths quality sitting on the bench. Griffiths like anyone else should have to earn his place in the team but if Dowds & Kabia continue to do well I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Kabia drop into the 10 or out wide left in order to fit Griffiths & possibly Morrison into the team.