The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I still think he needs to lose a bit of weight, although it's maybe just the puffer jacket that's doing it!

He looked fine to me. 

And even if he were overweight, Richard Cadette had a big arse and Latapy obviously wasn't the fittest. Mental sharpness, quick feet and the ability to make the ball dance to your tune are a hundred times more important than being fit enough to run all day. 

Leigh Griffiths (3) .jpg

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He looked fine to me. 

And even if he were overweight, Richard Cadette had a big arse and Latapy obviously wasn't the fittest. Mental sharpness, quick feet and the ability to make the ball dance to your tune are a hundred times more important than being fit enough to run all day. 

Leigh Griffiths (3) .jpg

Aye I'm with you BB he did look trim in the signing reveal and in the highlights from last night he didn't look too pot bellied. Must have just been a right good takeaway inbetween here and Dundee that he'd frequent.

Guest Ecosse83
21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He looked fine to me. 

Leigh Griffiths (3) .jpg

You missed the joke Shagger made 😂

Guest Brockvillenomore
13 hours ago, Van_damage said:

If they hadn’t put it on YouTube then they’d probably still be there. 

‘That’s not a question, that’s a statement’  will forever mark that chapter in the club. The fan that asked that question deserves a medal. 

The Q&A was uploaded to YouTube on 20 October 2021, not quite 4 months ago. Since early December (it's too late to be looking up the exact date) we've seen a new board with actual supporter representation, a radically different management team and a transformed team on the park, including arguably the most prolific Scottish striker of the last ten years.... with the previous striker holding that status now our assistant head coach. As BPM noted earlier.

This is a period of remarkable and unprecedented change. Remember we had 10 year of careful growth and stability under the MSG followed by a decade of dismal stagnation and decline. There isn't enough space and I don't have the energy to list the mistakes but closing the academy and the tin pot pound shop Kenny Rogers episodes are the most painful, embarrassing and f'ing infuriating to me.

That said the mistakes made by the GD era are breathtakingly awful, their behaviour at the Q&A was a window into who they really were, having concealed their true nature by stage managed interviews and supposed Q&A's under COVID. Having witnessed this debacle are we really surprised they'd recruit and stand by PS when it was obvious to almost everybody he was out of his depth by September? (AD the 5th choice striker... what an absolute joke).Or recruit and stand by GH when people 'in the know' were fully aware his role at Livi was not as it was presented? Or boast about beating teams 5-0 for revenge in the national press. All cringeworthy and embarrassing, only made worse by falling out with a group of diehard supporters trying to raise money and rename the south stand to give recognition to our player of the previous millennium.  

We all need to accept that the road to redemption isn't going to happen over night, we've had ten years of neglect and incompetence, with BoD's populated by a stream of people with their own egos and interests at heart. 

Like so many people on here I sense we are regaining our identity, but complaining about the lack of a midfielder, or passing out from the back are all distractions, understandable frustration and anger brought about by having to stand by helpless as our club was degraded and damaged.

I have a sense MR and KM will take us forward and we should trust them. The progress in the past 4 or 5 weeks has been remarkable,  if we all accept we won't be a finished article for at least another year and in all likelihood longer.

Let's invest in FSS, or the Patrons, or even individually. Stand for the FSS committee. Be part of the change. We all like to say we're a family and community club, let's show it by playing a part in it...

There's plenty of examples out there that can be our inspiration. 

And to the handful of people on here with their transparent agendas against the change because they're out in the cold,  wringing their hands with glee on the sidelines praying for failure, exaggerating every setback here's my message - you and your hangers on / enablers have had your day, the rest of us will clear up your mess.....

Edited by Brockvillenomore

19 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The Q&A was uploaded to YouTube on 20 October 2021, not quite 4 months ago. Since early December (it's too late to be looking up the exact date) we've seen a new board with actual supporter representation, a radically different management team and a transformed team on the park, including arguably the most prolific Scottish striker of the last ten years.... with the previous striker holding that status now our assistant head coach. As BPM noted earlier.

This is a period of remarkable and unprecedented change. Remember we had 10 year of careful growth and stability under the MSG followed by a decade of dismal stagnation and decline. There isn't enough space and I don't have the energy to list the mistakes but closing the academy and the tin pot pond shop Kenny Rogers episodes are the most painful, embarrassing and f'ing infuriating to me.

That said the mistakes made by the GD era are breathtakingly awful, their behaviour at the Q&A was a window into who they really were, having concealed their true nature by stage managed interviews and supposed Q&A's under COVID. Having witnessed this debacle are we really surprised they'd recruit and stand by PS when it was obvious to almost everybody he was out of his depth by September? (AD the 5th choice striker... what an absolute joke).Or recruit and stand by GH when people 'in the know' were fully aware his role at Livi was not as it was presented? Or boast about beating teams 5-0 for revenge in the national press. All cringeworthy and embarrassing, only made worse by falling out with a group of diehard supporters trying to raise money and rename the south stand to give recognition to our player of the previous millennium.  

We all need to accept that the road to redemption isn't going to happen over night, we've had ten years of neglect and incompetence, with BoD's populated by a stream of people with their own egos and interests at heart. 

Like so many people on here I sense we are regaining out identity, but complaining about the lack of a midfielder, or passing out from the back are all distractions, understandable frustration and anger brought about by having to stand by helpless as our club was degraded and damaged.

I have a sense MR and KM will take us forward and we should trust them. The progress in the past 4 or 5 weeks has been remarkable,  if we all accept we won't be a finished article for at least another year and in all likelihood longer.

Let's invest in FSS, or the Patrons, or even individually. Stand for the FSS committee. Be part of the change. We all like to say we're a family and community club, let's show it by playing a part in it...

And to the handful of people on here with their transparent agendas against the change because they're out in the cold,  wringing their hands with glee on the sidelines praying for failure, exaggerating every setback here's my message - you and your hangers on / enablers have had your day, the rest of us will clear up your mess.....

Well said sir.

Well said sir.
Me too well said. Watching the decline has been very painful for a lot of us. People with hidden agendas and the blazer and tie ego have almost killed us. As a fan for about 60 years I remember sadly our last demise and going part in the 70's. Horrible times with 1000 fans inside a soulless Brockville. But this version is much worse. Watching a slow negative decline when the average fan could do nought if they did not have a large wedge to waste. Now we for the first time I as a working man in his 60's have a chance to have a say. The vote regarding DGW was a great example. Okay it probably did nothing but at least I was asked.
I don't care if our resurrection takes longer than a few months if we as fans are having a part in it.
I would be very pleased if the 1000 fans who said they would invest during the BtB effort actually put their hands in their pockets and backed the FSS. I am totally aware that the current economic situation makes it a lot harder for some but we need to be united and driven by this opportunity. We could finally put to bed the constant blaming of the faceless few for OUR demise and finally take a part in a wee man revolution whilst remembering that a democracy often means that your opinion is not in the majority.

PS Get Rennie and Miller signed longer as a bit of me thinks they are the best way forward.

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

This is a period of remarkable and unprecedented change. Remember we had 10 year of careful growth and stability under the MSG followed by a decade of dismal stagnation and decline. There isn't enough space and I don't have the energy to list the mistakes but closing the academy and the tin pot pond shop Kenny Rogers episodes are the most painful, embarrassing and f'ing infuriating to me.

Like so many people on here I sense we are regaining out identity, but complaining about the lack of a midfielder, or passing out from the back are all distractions, understandable frustration and anger brought about by having to stand by helpless as our club was degraded and damaged.

100% agree with all of that.

Can I please add that when the stand does get renamed that all fans come together and honour a true Falkirk legend. Still a lot of fans out there that we haven’t connected with whom we hope will attend to help make it a great day for us all to remember, particularly for Crunchie and his family. 

6 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Brilliant

The supporters have had the piss taken out them for far too long and got nothing in return for all their years of both cash and emotional investment.
We even had three major shareholders taking cash out this time last year for their shares - that angers me too. When the rest of us are pumping cash in whether it be the Patrons or BFL or FSS we had three people with the temerity to take £150k+ out and we still have people who accepted these people at the club sniping at the new Board and manager. 

This club will be what we make it now. I have said from the minute Deans scurried away we all needed to pull together for the good of the club. Some on here ridiculed me for it. I will tell you now it is even more important now if that was possible. Let’s take a grip of things and give as much support as we can to help the new board rebuild this club. 
The positive signs are there, it is still very early days though and as BNM says it isn’t going to be fixed in 5 minutes. Therefore we need to be patient (not always easy) and trust those now making the decisions on our behalf.  If you have moments of doubt in the coming months just go to YouTube and watch that Q&A again. That will give you the perspective and faith that we are in a much better place long term than with those who opened us up to Local, National and World wide ridicule. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you have moments of doubt in the coming months just go to YouTube and watch that Q&A again. That will give you the perspective and faith that we are in a much better place long term than with those who opened us up to Local, National and World wide ridicule. 

The ridicule was never on us, it was on the board. It was the one thing they didn’t expect or know how to handle. 

Most fans actually sympathised with us when they bore witness to the folk running our club. Surprising too that a couple of them didn’t take any lessons from the event and proceed to further try bully and intimidate a supporter and his son. 

That Q and A was the best thing to happen for a long time and is always worth remembering and like you say, now is the opportunity to properly turn our club around. 

5 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The ridicule was never on us, it was on the board. It was the one thing they didn’t expect or know how to handle. 

Most fans actually sympathised with us when they bore witness to the folk running our club. Surprising too that a couple of them didn’t take any lessons from the event and proceed to further try bully and intimidate a supporter and his son. 

That Q and A was the best thing to happen for a long time and is always worth remembering and like you say, now is the opportunity to properly turn our club around. 

It brought the club into disrepute is my point. It showed the world what we had become. I agree it will be the best thing that happens to the club provided we grasp the nettle.  

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

So what’s our best XI now?

Mutch

Watson-ATS-Dixon

Williamson-Jacobs-Telfer-McGuffie

Griffiths

Dowds-Kabia

?

I know we will always play a 5 3 2 but....

mutch

Williamson Watson Dixon mccann

Jacobs 

telfer morrison/nesbitt

dowds Griffiths kabia 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I know we will always play a 5 3 2 but....

mutch

Williamson Watson Dixon mccann

Jacobs 

telfer morrison/nesbitt

dowds Griffiths kabia 

Yes, that’s much better.

At the moment ATS is a bombscare. I’m not writing him off but he needs to buck up his ideas pronto.

If Dixon is becoming past it, then I note a big improvement in McKay which he will hopefully maintain.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, that’s much better.

At the moment ATS is a bombscare. I’m not writing him off but he needs to buck up his ideas pronto.

If Dixon is becoming past it, then I note a big improvement in McKay which he will hopefully maintain.

Give credit where it’s due, McKay looks to have improved under R&M, but prone to the expected mistake. ATS/Dixon - both have had howlers and just hoping both have hit poor form. One thing for sure R&M not scared to drop anyone if performing poorly. 

Overheard at Alloa that Morrison has discipline issues - anyone throw any light on the current situation?