The Falkirk FC Thread

Just posted on the FSS site:

A message to BAIRNforLife contributors

BAIRNforLife’s AGM in November 2021 confirmed an agreement that would see its contributors gain concurrent membership of the Falkirk Supporters’ Society, unless any individual chose to opt-out, as part of a wider agreement to unite Falkirk fans’ voices.

BAIRNforLife has not yet been able to conclude this element, which includes asking all its contributors whether or not they agree to their data being passed to FSS so we can include on our membership database.

This means that BAIRNforLife contributors, who would otherwise have expected their FSS membership to flow automatically, would be unable to participate in the forthcoming FSS elections as they won’t be members by the 11 February deadline.

If you wish to have a say in the election of a new committee and for the fans’ director you can join here:
before 11th February at midnight.

For more information on the elections, see here:

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Posted this already but we didn’t start slowly last night.

We we’re on the front foot from the kick off and could have had a couple of very early goals.

We certainly didn’t maintain the early pressure for long and became rather passive and disorganised after ten minutes or so.

It was the same at Montrose when nesbitt missed that sitter. QP done it to us and we looked rattled. If we start converting the very early on chances it will make a huge difference. 

10 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Jacobs put in the only CM/CDM performance worthy of the name that I’ve seen from us in about 2 years 

Sometimes it feels like you're watching a team with two of him in it. He gets through an incredible amount of work and his use of the ball is normally terrific. I don't know the make up of your dressing room, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the most respected voices in there already. 

I mentioned Kabia earlier; I hesitate to use the phrase, but it seems to me like it could be "peak Falkirk" to shift Kabia about and upset his rhythm just as he's beginning to hit his straps, in order to shoehorn in the talented but lazy waster that is Leigh Griffiths. 

1 minute ago, mozam76 said:

Sometimes it feels like you're watching a team with two of him in it. He gets through an incredible amount of work and his use of the ball is normally terrific. I don't know the make up of your dressing room, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the most respected voices in there already. 

I mentioned Kabia earlier; I hesitate to use the phrase, but it seems to me like it could be "peak Falkirk" to shift Kabia about and upset his rhythm just as he's beginning to hit his straps, in order to shoehorn in the talented but lazy waster that is Leigh Griffiths. 

Peak Rennie is not peak Falkirk 

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've got to question how after a full transfer window we're still starting dross like Mackay and feckin mcguffie. What the hell is Rennie thinking.

Aged like milk Shadwell

Having a look through the premiership squads for midfielders but at this stage the options are very limited. 

Chris Mochrie
Archie Meekison
Finlay Pollock

Not seen anything of Meekison but Dundee United have an abundance of centre midfielders and so I reckon they'll look to get one or two out on loan. Pollock done well for Hearts in the league cup at the start of this season and is just coming back from a broken foot. 

Was expecting so see more than a 16 year old in from the Rangers given King Kenny's connections but the fact they have a colts team in the lowland league will be restricting things. Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Edited by FFC 1876

36 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Aged like milk Shadwell

One game does not change anything as we should all know by now.  People were creaming themselves after the Dumbarton result only for us to be abject after that . Mackay and mcguffie have been dire all season so it's going to take far more than one game to change that. No point in winning last night then getting scudded off cove next.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Just posted on the FSS site:

A message to BAIRNforLife contributors

BAIRNforLife’s AGM in November 2021 confirmed an agreement that would see its contributors gain concurrent membership of the Falkirk Supporters’ Society, unless any individual chose to opt-out, as part of a wider agreement to unite Falkirk fans’ voices.

BAIRNforLife has not yet been able to conclude this element, which includes asking all its contributors whether or not they agree to their data being passed to FSS so we can include on our membership database.

This means that BAIRNforLife contributors, who would otherwise have expected their FSS membership to flow automatically, would be unable to participate in the forthcoming FSS elections as they won’t be members by the 11 February deadline.

If you wish to have a say in the election of a new committee and for the fans’ director you can join here:
before 11th February at midnight.

For more information on the elections, see here:

What are BFL playing at? There’s what, 150 + people who could vote for the future direction of the club and they’re mucking about. As I stated last week I don’t support these prizes anyway. The cash prizes are 9000 shares a year that could go into FSS and increase our stake in the club. Time for a rethink in my opinion 

Edited by Brockvillenomore
Terrible spelling 🤣

Guest TedCrilly
28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Having a look through the premiership squads for midfielders but at this stage the options are very limited. 

Chris Mochrie
Archie Meekison
Finlay Pollock

Not seen anything of Meekison but Dundee United have an abundance of centre midfielders and so I reckon they'll look to get one or two out on loan. Pollock done well for Hearts in the league cup at the start of this season and is just coming back from a broken foot. 

Was expecting so see more than a 16 year old in from the Rangers given King Kenny's connections but the fact they have a colts team in the lowland league will be restricting things. Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Mochrie would be the goat.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Chris Mochrie
Archie Meekison
Finlay Pollock

If the Colts teams get booted out the Lowland League at the end of the season as is planned then we should be looking to take 2 or 3 on loan between the two sides. He'd probably got a better move than us but someone like Lowry would be a star regardless of which league we're in next year. Leon King is really highly rated too.