The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

There is a good reason St Mirren never signed him and that’s because many of our fans took steps to notify our board of the issues of signing such a toxic individual.

Talented yes, but too much baggage for a family minded community club.

It does help that we are fan owned and we also own our own 4 sided stadium.

We also have a better financial platform than Falkirk to build on.

We have one of the best academies in Scotland.

We’ve won some major honours in recent memory.

Your club need to go back to 1957 for only your second major honour. Most of your fans have never ever seen you win a major trophy. 

We have never in our history been as low as your league status. 

Just how long can you sustain full time football in League 1?

I don’t doubt LG talents as a footballer, but I’m so happy my club never stooped so low as your club in paying him a wage.

You be a lot of things, but happy certainly isn’t one of them

#Ragin

#Gutted

I'm happy to take the chance on Leigh. I've met him a few times over the years. He came from a difficult background, can be easily led, and he has suffered depression. But he's no racist, and he's no peodophile.

During the Rudi Skatchel affair I felt Celtic let him and themselves down. They left it to him to explain that he didn't realise singing that song about Rudi was racist. Celtic could have seized the anti-racist initiative and used the situation to explain to a lot of fans that racism is not only anti black skin, but they chose not to.

Regarding the more recent stuff about texts, I assume it's gone nowhere because it's rubbish. He's an easy target. There's always people on his tail.

Griffith's does well when he's well managed and supported. He's a learner. He'll respect Kenny Miller, so this could work out.

When he was a kid he was indisciplined. He was round half the clubs in Scotland, including us.

That was sorted out. On the field he has a very good record. He doesn't argue with refs, he doesn't dive, he trains well.

And he's some player. Like Latapy or Stainrod, he can teach some of our players literally how to kick the ba' properly.

Given the state we are in after the last 4 years, the clamour for a striker was always going to go nowhere. Who would want to come to us? Who could we afford?

Now we might find we have the best striker in Scotland, but only if the fans and management support him

4 minutes ago, Barga Bairn said:

I'm happy to take the chance on Leigh. I've met him a few times over the years. He came from a difficult background, can be easily led, and he has suffered depression. But he's no racist, and he's no peodophile.

During the Rudi Skatchel affair I felt Celtic let him and themselves down. They left it to him to explain that he didn't realise singing that song about Rudi was racist. Celtic could have seized the anti-racist initiative and used the situation to explain to a lot of fans that racism is not only anti black skin, but they chose not to.

Regarding the more recent stuff about texts, I assume it's gone nowhere because it's rubbish. He's an easy target. There's always people on his tail.

Griffith's does well when he's well managed and supported. He's a learner. He'll respect Kenny Miller, so this could work out.

When he was a kid he was indisciplined. He was round half the clubs in Scotland, including us.

That was sorted out. On the field he has a very good record. He doesn't argue with refs, he doesn't dive, he trains well.

And he's some player. Like Latapy or Stainrod, he can teach some of our players literally how to kick the ba' properly.

Given the state we are in after the last 4 years, the clamour for a striker was always going to go nowhere. Who would want to come to us? Who could we afford?

Now we might find we have the best striker in Scotland, but only if the fans and management support him

Well done sir for bringing some integrity to this thread & for sharing some personal insight here re Leigh 

5 minutes ago, Barga Bairn said:

Spot on mate!👏

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

I think this is going to work out. Griffiths will be in his element playing with the bairns.

Wow, haven’t seen that “joke” all day. How original

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brutal ! but home truths often are. St Mirren benefitted from Falkirk's ineptitude  for example Willie Cunningham, Alex Beckett, John young and Dougie Somner all for nothing. Monumental stupidity on Falkirk's part.

The home truth is that is a big fat lie!

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Dougie Somner was signed from Partick Thistle not Falkirk. 

We did sign a dud called Roddy Manley. 

Somner - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/former-st-mirren-legend-doug-24837029

“But I’d been at Partick Thistle for five seasons and been their top scorer in the previous four.

“I was part-time with Thistle and Clunie asked me if I wanted to go full-time. I had a good job at that point so I stayed part-time.

I moved for £100,000 which was a big fee at the time, I think the biggest ever for a part-time player.