The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Theres several circumstances which have impacted the number signing up, especially Covid which has kept fans away from normal routines. However take tomorrow, even with the changes Rennie has made, the majority of fans attending will probably accept anything other than a defeat as good and acceptable. 
Unfortunately that’s where we are and for me it’s very hard to accept. Mediocrity……….

Theres no connection to any of the players ( leaving out Rennies intake) as we’ve managed to assemble squad after squad of jobbers, and players not fit to wear the jersey.

Until we get a decent standard of player(s) I’ve no doubt we’ll see an uptake in stadium numbers, people signing up and a general “good feel factor” around the club.

Bloody hell it’s been so hard to watch for the past three years.

Cove Rangers humiliated Falkirk by showing how to do it with a squad assembled that has had a stable core of players in the crucial positions.

4 managers and near 70 signings over 4 seasons is the reason we have not attracted the required quality. Simply we are seen as a club in a mess and not a reliable and trustworthy employer.

That will take time to rectify so the management and signing should be based on promotion next season.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

BfL has just handed over £31k.

Which is excellent - here's the link for BFL's page on the FSS website: Falkirk Supporters’ Society | BAIRNforLife

Edited to add: a stretch target, but Falkirk fans could be investing £100k in the club this season, what with this payment and projected FSS subs.  Needs to increase a wee bit, but not far off.  Patrons already invested around about £200k, which made all of this possible in the first place, so the more the other "leg" can bring in, the more chance we have of making this last.  To me, that's the bigger picture.  It's all about working together.

Edited by StuartA
Poor spelling

Just now, Brockvillenomore said:

Quality. What happens with this? Shares or as before. I seem to remember it was shares. Not sure tbh. 

Agreement confirmed at B4L's AGM was shares held in FSS pot, and all B4L members also get FSS membership.  So more bang for everyone's buck.  FSS also promotes B4L - see webpage above.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Those share in B4L name or FSS? 

FSS, but we’d make clear how many shares were purchased with B4L funds and give concurrent FSS membership to B4L contributors so they have a say in how a much larger holding is managed. 

4 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

When the B4L shares are given to FSS by the club as agreed at the B4L AGM then it will mean FSS will democratically and transparently control 187,000 shares (If my memory is correct on the numbers) in the club. That is a pretty good start to the venture.

Something to celebrate. 

8 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Ben Weekes is away out on loan to Penicuik Athletic till the end of the season

Be as well doing the same with Lemon & Cammy Williamson to get them regular game time. 

Aye I’d like to think so. They were only signed to make up the numbers really and I’d imagine all 3 will get punted in the summer so makes sense to get them out playing games rather than keeping them about just to collect the balls in the pre match warm up.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Those share in B4L name or FSS? 

Good question. FSS at 40p a share I assume?

I’m going to cancel my BfL membership, mainly because I don’t agree with giving cash prizes which could be used to buy shares.