The Falkirk FC Thread

Who was the ex-player running the show for long periods? 

Louis Longridge. He fell out of the game as usual and contributed nothing in the second half but the first half an hour he was ripping the pish and was at that point head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Down to players IMO. Still short in Midfield and needs another striker. His selection did surprise me today but he is watching them train everyday. We are better than we were but still not good enough to be confident we will win every week. 

We are definitely better than we were. But we're still very far away from even competing at the top of League One.

Huge summer of recruitment ahead. Not many of this lot will do but I think it's pretty difficult taking over a struggling side mid season, having to do major surgery in January and turn things around.

I'm not at all convinced Rennie is right for this job but on reflection he should get the summer to bring in players and first half at least of next season to show what he can do with them.

With the sensible heads in the boardroom now recruitment should be a far more organised affair.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Louis Longridge. He fell out of the game as usual and contributed nothing in the second half but the first half an hour he was ripping the pish and was at that point head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

😳

He played for 15/20 minutes at the start and disappeared from there, as usual. 

Guest Ecosse83

I’m going to hold my hands up and admit I get very frustrated during and immediately after games, League 1 has done that to me! 

I think I may have called Rennie useless and stubborn yesterday (frustration and a few pints didn’t help) but now a more sensible head has came back I feel like an idiot for thinking Rennie should come in with a magic wand and make everything ok. It’s going to take longer than 5 or 6 games to sort this mess out. 

All I can say is I won’t post about a game until the following morning now until I get a chance to think about it properly and not in the heat of the moment 😂🤦‍♂️

50 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We are definitely better than we were. But we're still very far away from even competing at the top of League One.

Huge summer of recruitment ahead. Not many of this lot will do but I think it's pretty difficult taking over a struggling side mid season, having to do major surgery in January and turn things around.

I'm not at all convinced Rennie is right for this job but on reflection he should get the summer to bring in players and first half at least of next season to show what he can do with them.

With the sensible heads in the boardroom now recruitment should be a far more organised affair.

The recruitment will be the manager not the Boardroom.
I still think we have got to try and get a midfielder and striker in to improve the side this season. If we don’t go up big financial decisions to be made in the summer probably. 

Rennie has to find a formula now IMO. 

The waste of this club since Deans took the reigns still makes me so angry. We are where we are predominantly because of the decisions he made appointing an inept Boardroom and then in turn M&M, Holt and Sheerin and the bloated off the field structure burning cash. It looks a difficult fix now. 

58 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

That’s a worry for me. If Rennie is only here until the summer,  we are going into next season with another new manager who is going to have to rebuild the majority of the squad again. At the moment it looks likely we will still be in league one.

The new board have a huge 5/6 months ahead of them, they have to get these decisions right. If we don’t go up do we retain full time status, if Rennie leaves we have to get a manager capable of assembling a squad to get us out of this league. 

I don’t envy them this task but I pray to god they get it right.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s a worry for me. If Rennie is only here until the summer,  we are going into next season with another new manager who is going to have to rebuild the majority of the squad again. At the moment it looks likely we will still be in league one.

The new board have a huge 5/6 months ahead of them, they have to get these decisions right. If we don’t go up do we retain full time status, if Rennie leaves we have to get a manager capable of assembling a squad to get us out of this league. 

I don’t envy them this task but I pray to god they get it right.

I hope Rennie and Miller stick around. It has been frustrating since he came in but he inherited such a shambles I guess it was inevitable it would take time. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I hope Rennie and Miller stick around. It has been frustrating since he came in but he inherited such a shambles I guess it was inevitable it would take time. 

I agree, I don’t think changing managers all the time helps us. I was angry after yesterday and said I didn’t see much improvement in the team but on reflection that mob pumped us 6-0 not that long ago and they are still hamstrung by having a large quantity of Holt/Sheerins duffers in the squad.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

What game were you watching? He had a very short spell where he was their main player then disappeared. 

Telfer won the battle with him and schooled him in the end. So much so, that Longridge lashed out and got a booking because he was frustrated 

Telfer was the stand out player on the park for me. I feel out of the four with McGuffie, Nesbitt and Morrison he is the pick of the bunch. I know a lot say he is inconsistent but for me he has to do a lot of the link up play he wouldn’t have too if we had a combative box to box midfielder in there with Jacobs who could break up the oppositions attack, give it to Telfer and let him do his stuff.

If we are to have any chance of scrapping into the playoffs then we need everyone pulling together, we can't afford ill disciplined sending offs and bookings to one of our better players, absolutely stupid.

Yet again we struggled to make any chances and I thought Dowds did well with the limited service he got, would also say it looks like we'll miss Kenna. Defence has improved but still needs work and we really need a Scott McKenzie type in midfield. 

Rennie has a lot on his plate and hopefully can work a miracle with this squad to the end of the season.

Guest TedCrilly
29 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m going to hold my hands up and admit I get very frustrated during and immediately after games, League 1 has done that to me! 

I think I may have called Rennie useless and stubborn yesterday (frustration and a few pints didn’t help) but now a more sensible head has came back I feel like an idiot for thinking Rennie should come in with a magic wand and make everything ok. It’s going to take longer than 5 or 6 games to sort this mess out. 

All I can say is I won’t post about a game until the following morning now until I get a chance to think about it properly and not in the heat of the moment 😂🤦‍♂️

I do agree to an extent; however, I still am of the opinion Rennie called the starting 11 and the subs (players coming off) incorrectly.

I do have a lot of sympathy for him when you look at that bench containing Ompreon, Ross, Wilson, C.Williamson and Miller. Baffling a former director had the brass neck to state that recruitment had improved.

Hopefully Morrison is back soon as he definitely adds a threat going forward. Another centre mid and striker would be lovely as well.

The management have already made improvements with some of the players brought in. Unfortunately most will be offski come May. If and for me it’s a huge if - we can make the play offs, the chances of getting up are at best not encouraging, based on our recent results against the likely top three.
After listening to Rennies after match interview it’s clear he still thinks we are in with a shout. Good luck Martin 13 cup finals.
Just wondering if R&M will want to stay should we not make promotion, has the BOD have already made plans for not getting up ? do they include R&M ? As a few have mentioned where are we financially ? 

Edited by Springfield

What game were you watching? He had a very short spell where he was their main player then disappeared. 

Telfer won the battle with him and schooled him in the end. So much so, that Longridge lashed out and got a booking because he was frustrated 

Aye like I said he was running the game in the first half an hour then fell out the game so much he got hooked for the last 15 minutes. Overall Telfer absolutely had a better game, I said as much in a post last night about how good Telfer was, but just in that half an hour spell (could even have been 20 minutes but you know what I’m getting at) Longridge was the best player on the park with Luca Connell closely following behind. Of course he disappeared from the game it’s what he does and also exactly what I said.

Don’t see how you can deny that really. Incidentally I think Connell going off injured just at half time played a very big part in our ability o take charge in the second half.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The recruitment will be the manager not the Boardroom.
I still think we have got to try and get a midfielder and striker in to improve the side this season. If we don’t go up big financial decisions to be made in the summer probably. 

Rennie has to find a formula now IMO. 

The waste of this club since Deans took the reigns still makes me so angry. We are where we are predominantly because of the decisions he made appointing an inept Boardroom and then in turn M&M, Holt and Sheerin and the bloated off the field structure burning cash. It looks a difficult fix now. 

Well said. Some folk still think we can fix this in 5 minutes, on and off the park. When it comes to Falkirk some folks logic goes right out the window.

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The management have already made improvements with some of the players brought in. Unfortunately most will be offski come May. If and for me it’s a huge if - we can make the play offs, the chances of getting up are at best not encouraging, based on our recent results against the likely top three.
After listening to Rennies after match interview it’s clear he still thinks we are in with a shout. Good luck Martin 13 cup finals.
Just wondering if R&M will want to stay should we not make promotion, has the BOD have already made plans for not getting up ? do they include R&M ? As a few have mentioned where are we financially ? 

If the directors are business savvy they will have these scenarios covered.

Rennie / Miller on probation which most likely suits both sides. Come March the board will start to either negotiate and extension to their contract or look for a new manager.

As for squad its a clear out with maybe 3-5 remaining for the next season then the hard call on a full time / part time set up.

Intersting times