The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He called the linesman, and I quote, a "fucking liar" 

Whilst about 1 inch from his nose

At the end of the game the linesman could not get up the tunnel quick enough. Think he just wanted away.

As someone has just said, shite all round from league to team to officials

I really like Rennie,comes across really well, I want him to get it right as that would mean we're winning, but that was utterly woeful today,   team looks clueless and we'll be extremely lucky to make the playoffs.

Hopefully the BoD are looking into all options for the managerial position next season

To have any chance of reaching the play offs we need a ball winning midfielder and another striker. Without these additions I fear we will come up short. Nothing so far suggests this squad could compete with and beat the likes of Airdrie, Montrose or whoever finishes second bottom of the championship in the playoffs.

Amazing to think that only two who started the 6-0 drubbing started today.

Thing is, with the midfielders we currently have, is there really any set that is going to make them an effective unit? I don’t think so.

Clearly he wanted Dixon back in the side, but the positioning of him directly contributed to yet another comedy goal.

Up front, I have no doubt in my mind that Dowds and Kabia could do really well with some decent service (which will have to come from McCann and Williamson. He wants a settled side, so pick a back three of ATS Dixon and Watson, and leave it be. Pick wing backs in McCann and Williamson and leave it be. Pick a front pairing of Dowds and Kabia and leave it be. Pick Telfer and Jacobs and leave it be.

Get one proper grafter in the middle of the park, and once you have him, leave him be. No more magnet board experiments.

56 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To have any chance of reaching the play offs we need a ball winning midfielder and another striker. Without these additions I fear we will come up short. Nothing so far suggests this squad could compete with and beat the likes of Airdrie, Montrose or whoever finishes second bottom of the championship in the playoffs.

And with that post shows how far we have fallen as a team in the last 10 years.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've now had 4 transfer windows to sign a decent striker with a bit of experience and got nothing so I can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately.

You really are a crabbit git aren't you,we are in L1 and as Peter Houston said Deal With It.We are in a place that decent strikers with a bit of experience don't want to play.

To make that midfield work, it has to be Jacobs, Telfer (or Morrison) plus one other who isn’t on the books at the moment, and he can’t be another attacking midfielder, it has to be someone sitting beside Jacobs. That pair are the ones that will allow the wing backs to get forward.

Putting any of our other midfielders in there (including Miller) is simply not going to ŵork. Our recruitment pre Rennie has been abysmal, but he simply has to get a new midfielder in there, or everything else has been a waste of time.

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To make that midfield work, it has to be Jacobs, Telfer (or Morrison) plus one other who isn’t on the books at the moment, and he can’t be another attacking midfielder, it has to be someone sitting beside Jacobs. That pair are the ones that will allow the wing backs to get forward.

Putting any of our other midfielders in there (including Miller) is simply not going to ŵork. Our recruitment pre Rennie has been abysmal, but he simply has to get a new midfielder in there, or everything else has been a waste of time.

Not for me. We don’t create enough changes or score enough goals as it is. We were on top for large spells of the second half today but ultimately had very few opportunities.

I’m not convinced having 2 defensive midfielders along with 5 defenders will overcome that issue.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me. We don’t create enough changes or score enough goals as it is. We were on top for large spells of the second half today but ultimately had very few opportunities.

I’m not convinced having 2 defensive midfielders along with 5 defenders will overcome that issue.

Defensive midfielder is perhaps the wrong term what we are lacking is a Taiwo like player who can compete physically as well as get forward to good effect and allow the Telfers/Morrisons to do the creative stuff.

We are too soft in midfield currently.

6 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

the complete knick that after a great win for your team, your thoughts are on the bairns. How can you let a league 1 team live in your head? 

Quite easy. Your club name popped up on sky sports and I remembered how you tried to cheat my club.

and now I chuckle at where you are now. 😂

As many have posted bafflingly to see Dixon in at LWB and persisting with McGuffie.
First 45 was “typical” and the utter shite we’ve become used to. 
Second 45 was an improvement, and changing tactics with the deep ball.

Scoring from an absolute howler by Dixon, which luckily was finished by Dowds.
For me Rennie got it wrong with the starting line up, and without Telfers performance this would have been a defeat. Sadly missing two midfielders who can take the burden of protecting our back four and linking our forwards.

Huge decisions to be made by the new BOD on R&M and no doubt clinging to the hope we can make play offs. Like many supporters it almost feels like this is not going to happen without adding at least two key new good players.

Its doesn’t help when you see an ex player running the show for long spells.
Who would you keep for next season ? I can think of three maybe four and seriously worried It’s another rebuild. Maybe I’m to critical……..

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

As many have posted bafflingly to see Dixon in at LWB and persisting with McGuffie.
First 45 was “typical” and the utter shite we’ve become used to. 
Second 45 was an improvement, and changing tactics with the deep ball.

Scoring from an absolute howler by Dixon, which luckily was finished by Dowds.
For me Rennie got it wrong with the starting line up, and without Telfers performance this would have been a defeat. Sadly missing two midfielders who can take the burden of protecting our back four and linking our forwards.

Huge decisions to be made by the new BOD on R&M and no doubt clinging to the hope we can make play offs. Like many supporters it almost feels like this is not going to happen without adding at least two key new good players.

Its doesn’t help when you see an ex player running the show for long spells.
Who would you keep for next season ? I can think of three maybe four and seriously worried It’s another rebuild. Maybe I’m to critical……..

Who was the ex-player running the show for long periods?