The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I had plenty to say about the rumours of Goodwillie signing, so I want to make final comment before I can finally (thankfully) move on from it.

I am aware the majority of posters on here were against signing him, but we all know that wasn't the case across all social media. We're all aware of the folk on the COYB page; I'm aware some were at the bam up, but some absolutely, and depressingly, weren't. I'm doubtful, but I really hope that the backlash that Raith are getting holds up a mirror to those in our fanbase who were up for signing him, or even worse, making jokes and turning into some kind of 'own the wokes' stuff. The position we are in and the number of f**k ups that we have made already made over the last number of years, I genuinely believe that signing the rapist could have been a final nail in our coffin. This is especially true given it would have been the new board, recently heralded in as 'giving the fans a voice', who would have given the go-ahead to the decision and have split said fanbase. Given that we do not have someone of Val McDermid's fame, I fear we wouldn't have been able to garner the same movement against the signing as Raith have and after further humiliation from other fans and anger flailing in all directions, we may simply have slipped back into our state of apathy as the club slowly slipped away even further. 

Of course, this is all hypothetical. I have absolutely no idea if we were in for him or not - maybe we weren't, I suspect we will never know - but given how desperate we currently are, it wouldn't surprise me. IF this was the case, I hope those at the club are thanking their fucking lucky stars that they have truly got away with one and the new board can actually begin a rebuild that gets all the fans behind the club and pulling in one direction.

Couldn't agree more. Given some of the heartbreaking comments on COYB facebook I don't believe we would've had the swell of movement the Raith fans have produced. The club would've been lost to any loyal supporter with a moral compass, and would've been left in the hands of the scum who'd sanctioned the deal and the scum still supporting the club.

It’s good to see Falkirk struggling in League One.
I’m hopeful a bad run will see you lot in the relegation play offs.
Relegation to League Two would be karma for all your cheating in years gone by [emoji38]
You know something, you're right.

Thanks for this buddy.

17 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

It’s good to see Falkirk struggling in League One.

I’m hopeful a bad run will see you lot in the relegation play offs.

Relegation to League Two would be karma for all your cheating in years gone by 😆

Have I missed something?

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Griffiths is up for grabs, surely we can at least speak to him…….thoughts ?

Would be a massive gamble, which is ironic given it's Griffiths. Can we really trust him to screw the head when he never bothered to at Celtic or Dundee this season. Seems to be continuing down the Riordan route.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be a massive gamble, which is ironic given it's Griffiths. Can we really trust him to screw the head when he never bothered to at Celtic or Dundee this season. Seems to be continuing down the Riordan route.

Kenny Miller relationship could be key here assuming they have one 🤔

We apparently offered Griffiths a basic rate, but filled with incentives and targets that could just as easily made him our highest paid player. He's clearly wanting an easy life and not wanting to improve himself which is really disappointing. Apparently Queen's Park are offering him quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Baggio said:

Wow, have we time travelled 18 years into the past now?

If we can, then John McGlynn will want a bit of help to go back in time. Nothing much, just 48 hours.