The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He has but at Falkirk it has been as a full back in a 4 man defence. Only this season has seen us revert predominantly to a 3-5-2. 

You can't expect him to last 90 mins as an effective wing back in his mid 30's. He is comfortalbly our best defender so I'd much rather see him in a back 3.

I meant ATS 

14 minutes ago, Trump said:

Who can forget Paul Dixons delivery for us at full back? My word. Centre half (where he’s been decent) or nothing for me now.

Again I meant ATS 

Midfield is really going to have to be Jacobs, Morrison (probably) and someone else not yet on the books. That leaves Nesbitt Telfer and McGuffie fighting over scraps (if McCann gets his slot back).

Nice footballer as Williamson is, he is no grafter, and was certainly posted missing at the first Montrose goal. They were on top of our back three with no midfield resistance whatsoever. In truth, it’s hardly surprising we get beat so often when the defensive midfielder (Miller) can’t defend, and two of the centre backs (McKay and Hall) can’t defend, and both of our wing backs have similar flaws (they can’t defend).

Midfield is really going to have to be Jacobs, Morrison (probably) and someone else not yet on the books. That leaves Nesbitt Telfer and McGuffie fighting over scraps (if McCann gets his slot back).

Nice footballer as Williamson is, he is no grafter, and was certainly posted missing at the first Montrose goal. They were on top of our back three with no midfield resistance whatsoever. In truth, it’s hardly surprising we get beat so often when the defensive midfielder (Miller) can’t defend, and two of the centre backs (McKay and Hall) can’t defend, and both of our wing backs have similar flaws (they can’t defend).

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are so not #boxoffice today. What the hell is going on?

Its not a bad thing in fact Raith statement put out I would say puts GD's and our old BoD club statement to shame and the Q&A which I don't think anyone would have thought possible.

Yes, their Statement made our Q&A look like a dignified affair. Out of morbid curiosity, I have just watched McGlynn’s post match interview tonight.

He just talked and talked and talked and tried not to make eye contact. It’s there in his eyes though. He is broken. The club statement is from a Board that is utterly screwed. 
I will be surprised if McGlynn lasts another month. If he does, then he doesn’t have a shred of decency left in his body. What an utterly shameless club and manager.

The financial impact of signing David Goodwillie could've been absolutely mental. One that could have potentially put is under if we seen the same widescale backlash as they have through in Kirkcaldy. Transfer fees, loss of previous sponsorships, the presumed decreased gate receipts etc..

The timing of this signing could not have been worse (not that there was ever a good time to make such a signing) with the recent news about that wee rotter Greenwood down south which I think has certainly amplified the outrage beyond the usual avenues. That coupled along with Val McDermid's previously announced disapproval it was never going to go well. Maybe we wouldn't have seen the same widescale resignations but the damage would've been irreversible regardless.

Both of these tweets would make for seriously worrying reading and I'd imagine we won't be too dissimilar.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The financial impact of signing David Goodwillie could've been absolutely mental. One that could have potentially put is under if we seen the same widescale backlash as they have through in Kirkcaldy. Transfer fees, loss of previous sponsorships, the presumed decreased gate receipts etc..

The timing of this signing could not have been worse (not that there was ever a good time to make such a signing) with the recent news about that wee rotter Greenwood down south which I think has certainly amplified the outrage beyond the usual avenues. That coupled along with Val McDermid's previously announced disapproval it was never going to go well. Maybe we wouldn't have seen the same widescale resignations but the damage would've been irreversible regardless.

Both of these tweets would make for seriously worrying reading and I'd imagine we won't be too dissimilar.

What an absolute disaster of epic proportion’s for that club and how close to it being us we’ll never know.This whole debacle is now front-line news across all media, one of the parted directors has commented “ all about money”

What a price to pay for the perceived golden ticket.

Yeah, apparently accusations flying around concerning a RR pro Goodwillie poster also being “the R word”.

That club statement of theirs……..it did nothing more than cement the opinion that their Board and Manager are a set of repugnant individuals. Just vile people.

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

He was in the St Johnstone sqaad as well last night. 

Was it any more that than chit chat, gossip and wishful thinking ?  Looking like it !

The only person that knows is Liam Craig and to his credit has not commented on it which reinforces the suspicion its was all a load of bullshit.