The Falkirk FC Thread

Imagine giving Brad McKay a 3 year deal as a footballer [emoji23]. What a club.

While the 3 year deal was going a step too far, he’s a guy who’s played around 60 games in the Premier and around 100 games in the Championship, he ‘should’ have been more than capable for us.

2 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

While the 3 year deal was going a step too far, he’s a guy who’s played around 60 games in the Premier and around 100 games in the Championship, he ‘should’ have been more than capable for us.

Only because he was on about £350 a week with us so was a cheap option.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

So is anyone happy with Rennie’s transfer (or lack off) business?

Yes. Signed players for positions that badly needed strengthening. Would have liked to have seen a few more but only if they are available and would improve us! 

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The 124 games would suggest otherwise

What? He played so often because he was so cheap and was all we could afford or entice to come and play for us. 

8 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

He has brought in players that we need. Maybe not all of the ones we need, but no luxury players, and no bench fillers.

I am happy enough with the defence, and if two more could be brought in, I would prefer it to be purely midfielders to replace two of Morrison, Miller, Nesbitt, McGuffie and Telfer. Get that done, and we might start winning two games on the bounce.

21 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Tbf to Rennie, he has tried to address the issues but we are still looking short. He’s recognised the defence was awful and getting rid of Hall was a nice bonus. He’s added legs to the midfield and a half decent striker.

Unfortunately we still need a GK, midfielder and striker. Hopefully a few loans still to come. 

Given it’ll be free transfers and loans we’ll be bringing in, how is the deadline even relevant? Let’s not piss our pants just yet.

Obviously time is the crucial thing because we need bodies in but there’s no point going in the huff at midnight tonight if we haven’t signed anyone else.

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I think Nesbitt's trying too hard. He is certainly vocal and tries to get players around him going - probably why he was given the captaincy - but his own game has suffered under the responsibility.

I think his work rate has stepped up after being dropped but that pass to Dowds on Saturday, the one on one and the invisible suit he's been wearing well before being given the captain role for me says he should be benched again. He has a great attitude but it's been a long time since you have came away from a game and praised him.

Not quite sure of some supporters expectations on here, we are In the third tier of Scottish football, four managers in past few seasons, sixty plus turnaround of players and new manager in for less than two months.

Trying to convince players to come here will be at best difficult. Rennie must be given time to show what he can do, players brought it so far are better than what’s here, but there’s many players here that are not fit to wear the jersey. Hoping he can unearth a couple of aces but this needs to be concluded this week.

Guest FFC1965

While we'd all want change to happen faster I reckon that the new Board have covered plenty ground in 2 months.  The architect of our dreadful recruitment (Holt) and his simpleton Yes Man Sheerin are away - those two along with the removal of Deans as Chairman as part of the broader ownership changes give me grounds for optimism as we now have better decision makers at the top.   I see the makings of us starting to shake off our "basket case" tag.  

Things were / are so bad on the field that one January window was never going to be enough but the January changes suggest to me that in the 6 weeks he's been in place Rennie has reached the same conclusion as the fans on our priorities - and the market is much bigger in the summer.

Hall's gone but it will take a while to jettison the remaining duds and it will be a struggle to be competitive enough to get 4th place this season.  Its heartbreaking but that's just where we are thanks to the idiots above. 

While we're very much an outside chance for the playoffs this season, I'm OK with our January business.