The Falkirk FC Thread

We will be stuck with McKay he's not going anywhere soon mores the pity, especially since Holt saw fit to tempt him with a three year deal. Ompreon and Wilson however if they could somehow get punted on the same day as Ben Hall would be smashing. 

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Surprised Arbroath didn't come in with an offer for Dowds.  I realise they won't have a lot of money but still.

They don't have any . They have signed Jack Hamilton and Craig Wighton on loan to replace Dowds and Nouble. 

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We will be stuck with McKay he's not going anywhere soon mores the pity, especially since Holt saw fit to tempt him with a three year deal. Ompreon and Wilson however if they could somehow get punted on the same day as Ben Hall would be smashing. 

Wilson has played for - sorry, appeared for - two clubs this season. Because he utterly failed to cut it at Elgin City and they have no interest in taking him back, we are basically stuck with him, short of bunging him some cash to rip up his contract and bugger off. He and Ompreon will probably hang around on the bench for the remainder of the season, a useless pair of empty shirts. If anything happens to either of our strikers...

28 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

offloading Wilson, Ompreon and McKay would have been welcome and would have helped demonstrate Rennie's judgement.

Rennie’s judgement ? Wilson has had zero game time, don’t think Ompreon has either and MCKay wasn’t even in the squad at the weekend. It is more like no one wants these players or they refuse to go anywhere rather than Rennie’s judgement on these players 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Rennie’s judgement ? Wilson has had zero game time, don’t think Ompreon has either and MCKay wasn’t even in the squad at the weekend. It is more like no one wants these players or they refuse to go anywhere rather than Rennie’s judgement on these players 

The three players are problems for us, shirt fillers taking up three wages.  I am saying if he could find a way to offload them without costing us too much that would certainly show his qualities as a manager.  I realise this might not be possible.

27 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

The three players are problems for us, shirt fillers taking up three wages.  I am saying if he could find a way to offload them without costing us too much that would certainly show his qualities as a manager.  I realise this might not be possible.

They won’t be costing fortunes and in the case of McKay we need him as cover in case one of our actual defenders gets injured or suspended.

Bringing another couple of decent new faces much more of a priority than moving on the failures, that can be done at the end of the season.