The Falkirk FC Thread

Unfortunately preseason friendlies mean hee haw apart from improving match fitness. Cooper wasn't that bad last pre season and then was awful once the competitive games started up. In one of the best pre seaons we had we gave West Ham a real run for their money in a great friendly at Brockville . We ended up getting relegated that season.

Anyone going along tonight to the Falkirk X1 game versus Spartans?

Mix of 1st team squad and development squad apparently. Rumour on twitter of a trialist striker & midfielder but no idea of names.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

FWIW - My very first post on P&B was about Andy Lawrie.

He was flying in that last season at Brockville before that thug Potter clattered him when he couldn't keep up. Not really fair that Potter continues to make a full time living from football when he did that to Lawrie and pretty much finished him just as he was approaching his prime.

When it's free entry I don't think they really care how many show up.

I didn't mean for the financial gain more just the interest angle.

ETA we will find out soon enough anyway.

My cash is on no trialist of note

Edited by Gaz FFC

I didn't mean for the financial gain more just the interest angle.

ETA we will find out soon enough anyway.

My cash is on no trialist of note

I'd expect Watson, Thomas Grant, Cooper. Shepherd,Ohara and maybe Alston and/or Smith depending on the thots on Saturdays team and if they are carrying knocks to make the line up

We had two goalies on trial, dunno if they are still here.

I was thinking of popping down..... weather permitting or if I can find my gloves...

Did work well under Holt. Happy with Leahy bombing forward, unsure about Muirhead going forward on the other flank.

Imo I think muirheads distribution of the ball is really good. He may not get forward as much but he is good at picking out a pass