The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Telfer and Nesbitt have dropped down to this level for a reason, if your previous club was Morton then it's not a great plus on your CV and it get worse with Falkirk.

Morrison has decent attributes but his negative ones is why he is with us, there is a chance he'll improve but as it stands he is in the same boat as the above. 

I'd keep Telfer as I feel he can work in the current formation, don't think Nesbitt can and we have looked better without him recently. Morrison role now is probably striker now which I'm not too keen on for him.

As for Ben Hall going, I'd rather it was McKay but remember his debut scoring twice and still looking ropey.

I think Telfer's a starter as long as we can get a midfield that will bring out the best in him. Nesbitt, McGuffie and even Morrison are players who I feel would be better coming off the bench to give us something different. I felt much the same about Louis Longridge when he was here.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Charlie Telfer to Dunfermline in a swap with Toderov is something I have just been told is a possibility and Liam Craig is at TFS but he could just be having lunch with his wife of course.

If it's just to have lunch with his wife then he needs a good hard kick in the baws for getting our hopes up!!

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Todorov isn't that special and can be frustrating but can be effective, McKinnon preferred Jarvis who I'm sure has scored under 10 goals since his time here, which isn't a surprise. He made not scoring a skill of its own.

Todorov seems well out of the picture at Dunfermline, be surprised if he remains at the pars.

He suffered, as did Shayne Lavery, from an utterly baffling obsession with making sure Aaron Jarvis got every available minute when a forward was needed

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Morrison straight swap for Todorov would be such a shan deal for us. 

Hopefully just a random twitter rumour

Yes, that would be a shit deal tbf.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Today is going to end in the disappointment we've become accustomed to isn't it. 

f**k aye. 

10 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Today is going to end in the disappointment we've become accustomed to isn't it. 

Will it be disappointment of not getting anybody else in or the disappointment of signing somebody completely pish. 

Paying a five figure fee for John Stewart level of pishiness of the past.

1 minute ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Will it be disappointment of not getting anybody else in or the disappointment of signing somebody completely pish. 

Paying a five figure fee for John Stewart level of pishiness of the past.

To be honest I wasn't expecting Hall to get shipped out so maybe that's our good news for the day. 

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nesbitt shows flashes of flair but he's nowhere near as good as Telfer especially in the middle of the park. He's even more of a shitebag than Telfer which really is an achievement in itself. Whenever we have a battle on our hands and he's in the middle of the park we're a man down. Telfer can run a game and should actually be playing further up the park than he has been this year. 

Telfer - 22 league games 3 goals and 5 assists
Nesbitt 22 league games 2 goals and 3 assists

Nesbitt was outstanding the first few games of the season. Even ran the show at Killie in the cup game and scored a cracker. Looked like a top signing but has struggled since.  

Whilst we certainly need another striker, I don't think it should be Todorov, he's too much like Dowds for me. We need a penalty box poacher type.
I wonder if Dowds is only still here until we secure someone else? Signing another big striker might suggest along those lines

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I had been thinking ideally in a 3 5 2 you would have Jacobs and Craig, with a someone in behind 2 strikers and Morrison seemed natural rather than Telfer or Nesbitt.... Then I minded that when Hartley briefly had a decent side, he favoured 3 5 2. I need to go back and look at some line ups maybe but I distinctly remember I didnt like it whenever we went with Longridge in behind Jak and Nelson. I always felt it was a bit counter intuitive in terms of our attack which seemed to suffer.

I cant remember what the alternative was though.... Sibbs, Taiwo and McKee maybe?

Just a ramble really, but I do worry about where Morrison fits in at all. It maybe works given that Jacobs and Craig would be a pretty formidable 2.

The Falkirk team that pumped United 6-1 was definitely 3-5-2 and was probably peak Hartley 

847061750_ScreenShot2022-01-31at16_03_10.thumb.png.e01f848ec7ccf58c179481518beec240.png

As you say I think once Jakubiak broke in to the team Longridge dropped back behind the strikers which was never quite as effective. 

Although Kidd turned in some of his best performances in midfield, in reality he was probably carried by the rest of that team. It shows you don't need to have much height in the middle of the park as long as you have a #baller like Sibbald in there and a Tommy Tackle type bodying everything that moves.

Nesbitt has talent for sure.  But when I think of him playing it's an image of one leg at the level of his hips or above trying to control the ball.  It's a kind of Irish dancing movement which ends up with the ball going vertical rather than forward.  When his is good he is very good but at all other times ineffective. 

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

27 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The Falkirk team that pumped United 6-1 was definitely 3-5-2 and was probably peak Hartley 

847061750_ScreenShot2022-01-31at16_03_10.thumb.png.e01f848ec7ccf58c179481518beec240.png

As you say I think once Jakubiak broke in to the team Longridge dropped back behind the strikers which was never quite as effective. 

Although Kidd turned in some of his best performances in midfield, in reality he was probably carried by the rest of that team. It shows you don't need to have much height in the middle of the park as long as you have a #baller like Sibbald in there and a Tommy Tackle type bodying everything that moves.

Taiwo was subbed off at half time when the score was 2 1 and Welsh came on.

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:
Whilst we certainly need another striker, I don't think it should be Todorov, he's too much like Dowds for me. We need a penalty box poacher type.

I wonder if Dowds is only still here until we secure someone else? Signing another big striker might suggest along those lines

That did cross my mind, but then Rennie's been on about him being like a new signing.