The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Yes and he complained about how we came back in that game. Maybe some of those under him then thought “aye the gaffer wisnae pleased when we drew, so this time lads, let’s keep it to a 2-1 defeat”

Not saying it was a great performance but my message was in direct response to saying we would have been demolished under Sheerin yesterday. I think Rennie is a far better appointment but need to be factual when judging his ability to manage us well. I think him and Kenny Miller were left a crap hand however like M and M we need to be fair when judging whether they are any better than their predecessors. 

We’ve had too many false dawns to pretend they are already a whole lot better than what has been before. Have to the end of the season anyway to prove their worth and deserve our support till then. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dowds was stinking yesterday, almost as bad as Telfer, but not quite. 

Amazing. Dowds plays great for Arbroath gets SPFL player of the month in December scoring something like 4 goals in 5 games. Comes back to Falkirk and after scoring 4 goals in 2 games becomes”stinking” again. What happens at Falkirk?

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

In a moment of boredom, a quick Google search led me to discover that Seb Ross was signed on a two-year contract. Holy shit. We're properly fucked, aren't we?

To many worrying over contracts, not worth the paper their written on, and most likely tied to many objectives including promotion. Expect to see many emptied come May.

2 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Dowds was nothing like "stinking" yesterday - absolutely wild opinion. Guy does bags of work off the ball, harrasses defenders constantly, excellent in the air. His biggest flaw is his incredibly ability to pick up idiotic yellow cards by arguing with referees.

He was fucking pish! Looked 2 stone overweight and couldn’t trap a bag of cement. 

Edited by MSG GTF!

It’s either collective insight or grasping at straws, but it looks the midfield’s inability to offer any sort of protection to the back three while simultaneously failing to create enough for the strikers and (God forbid) chip in with a few goals themselves, is just way too much of a handicap to overcome.

Remember too that neither of our wing backs are great defensively.

Watson, Kiaba, Jacobs, Dowds and even the youngster Mills are all steps in the right direction, but they are all being sold down the river by the McGuffie, Nesbitt and Telfer trio. Two of that trio simply have to be replaced before we get ourselves close to having a competitive starting eleven. A competitive starting nine is just going to kill us.

4 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Dowds was nothing like "stinking" yesterday - absolutely wild opinion. Guy does bags of work off the ball, harrasses defenders constantly, excellent in the air. His biggest flaw is his incredibly ability to pick up idiotic yellow cards by arguing with referees.

Hi biggest flaw is that he believes his own hype and suddenly thinks he’s some sort of player. I know he wasn’t treated brilliantly but he either needs to accept he’s a Falkirk player or we get him to f**k. His woes me attitude is boring already. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To many worrying over contracts, not worth the paper their written on, and most likely tied to many objectives including promotion. Expect to see many emptied come May.

Well mackays on a 3 year deal , nae clauses or options involved. A straight 3 year deal.

Guest TedCrilly
1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

He was fucking pish! Looked 2 stone overweight and couldn’t trap a bag of cement. 

Dowds being overweight is the biggest myth going. He’s in fine shape and done a power of running for the 90 minutes. Literally had zero service from Telfer and Nisbett.

Edited by TedCrilly

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS he inherited the worst squad in living memory. Pep couldn’t get a tune out of that midfield 5 who started yesterday. 

Are they reallyyyyyy that bad? McGuffie, Telfer, Nesbitt and Williamson all players I’d happily take at Gayfield. Not going to get much better for L1. I don’t know or have not seen enough of Miller but from outside looking in and after seeing Dowds at us and the potential that’s in him it seems to be that all Falkirk players and managers are under a whole lot of pressure and with all the changes etc they can never really get any rhythm or consistency going. 

The guy Rennie says all the right stuff but I can’t see him having much success. Bores the tits right off me so not sure how players will take to him. Laptop coach 

10 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Dowds overweight is the biggest myth going. He’s in fine shape and done a power of running for the 90 minutes. Literally had zero service from Telfer and Nisbett.

Looked to me like he was carrying a sizeable arse through treacle the way he was moving around. Agree his service was poor but I just don’t rate him at all. Stick me up front this Saturday and not only will I do a power of running for 90 minutes, I’ll also do it for free.

Edited by MSG GTF!

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Are they reallyyyyyy that bad? McGuffie, Telfer, Nesbitt and Williamson all players I’d happily take at Gayfield. Not going to get much better for L1. I don’t know or have not seen enough of Miller but from outside looking in and after seeing Dowds at us and the potential that’s in him it seems to be that all Falkirk players and managers are under a whole lot of pressure and with all the changes etc they can never really get any rhythm or consistency going. 

The guy Rennie says all the right stuff but I can’t see him having much success. Bores the tits right off me so not sure how players will take to him. Laptop coach 

Telfer McGuffie Nesbitt……..all have some skill, and some major flaws. Trouble is, they have the same skill set (near enough), and the same flaws. The three of them on the park at the same time is condemning the front line to no service, and the defence to no protection at all.

In a moment of boredom, a quick Google search led me to discover that Seb Ross was signed on a two-year contract. Holy shit. We're properly fucked, aren't we?

Imagine looking at him and thinking aye he’s well worth spending money on him and giving him a 2 year deal. Quite incredible really. He’s the epitome of a nothing midfielder. No attributes going for him at all and in a few years he’ll be cutting about at Fortmartine, Huntly or some other team up there. No doubt stinking the place out there as well.

If anybody has played any type of team sport at a decent level then they would know good teams are that because they drill and practise constantly so it becomes second nature, that’s what pre-seasons are for.

You cannot just throw this amount of new players in and beat a decent set up team.

Our only hope is clinging in there, with this qtr effectively being our preseason to gel, and hopefully become a team that can scrap through a playoff, but it’s a big ask imo.

There needs to be a reality check of what’s going on just now.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn