The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not going to be patronising but I thought Falkirk were awful. For a full time team their seemed to be very little cohesion between the players. Not taking away from the Mo. To a man, we were superb today. Seagulls blooper apart we were excellent.  

What did Falkirk do in their "full time" status. It appears they were practising their falling over antics. 

Seen a few times when Falkirk players were arguing with each other.

Dillon and Quinn had Dowds and Kabia in their pockets all day but they had nothing to feed off. 

9 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

I'm not going to be patronising but I thought Falkirk were awful. For a full time team their seemed to be very little cohesion between the players. Not taking away from the Mo. To a man, we were superb today. Seagulls blooper apart we were excellent.  

What did Falkirk do in their "full time" status. It appears they were practising their falling over antics. 

Dillon and Quinn had Dowds and Kabia in their pockets all day but they had nothing to feed off. 

Absolute tripe I’m afraid. 

Kabia had those 2 on toast first half. Ran in behind, couple of lovely turns creating shots, held it up well too. Dowds a real nuisance too. Then, in the 2nd half, I think the most we managed to get up to them was a goal kick that barely reached the half way line.

Problem yesterday was shape/midfield, not our 2 strikers 

11 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Dillon and Quinn were posted missing in the first half when with a bit better finishing we could have been 2 or 3 up before we gifted you two goals.  Considering we had a number of players that had just met beating us 2 1 isn't really much of an achievement at the moment.  Second half both sides were pretty poor with neither goalie having much to do. Your easy pleased if that was you superb.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dillon and Quinn were posted missing in the first half when with a bit better finishing we could have been 2 or 3 up before we gifted you two goals.  Considering we had a number of players that had just met beating us 2 1 isn't really much of an achievement at the moment.  Second half both sides were pretty poor with neither goalie having much to do. Your easy pleased if that was you superb.

Gifting goals you say. Your goal was such a gift that we scored it for you. Your team were that poor that you had ZERO attempts at goal in the second half.

10 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Gifting goals you say. Your goal was such a gift that we scored it for you. Your team were that poor that you had ZERO attempts at goal in the second half.

Your preaching to the converted here mate about our second half performance. We were poor second half but then you weren't much better. Mutch had nowt to do either. We should've changed set up far quicker than with 5 mins to go as it was obvious that the game was stagnating. Montrose are a well organised committed outfit that do the basics very well and that's the  difference between the two sides just now. Going to take a while for our new players to settle in and hopefully a couple more to come and we can look forward to being a better outfit the next time the two teams play..

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I wish Montrose posters would stop greeting about Falkirk players falling over.

Nobody cares.

Aye that and  folk on here from the  clubs we've just played every week simply to tell us how crap we are as if we hadn't realised it ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Bubbled said:

Agree with Shadwell. If we had better strikers who could take their chances and better defenders who didn’t gift chances to the opposition  we’d be a better side. 

It's the midfield that's the big problem. Defence should be ok once Gary miller is punted and kabia will score goals if we can create more chances. Had a couple in the first half but second half we created the square root of feck all.

Agree with Shadwell. If we had better strikers who could take their chances and better defenders who didn’t gift chances to the opposition  we’d be a better side. 

Also if we had midfielders that weren’t shitebags and could make a 5 yard pass. That would be quite useful as well.

We need to add another midfield player that can win the ball and control play. Rennie needs to pick only two of Morrison, Nesbitt, Telfer, McGuffie and get someone in there with Jacobs to do the hard graft stuff.

We also need additional options up front, even from the bench.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We need to add another midfield player that can win the ball and control play. Rennie needs to pick only two of Morrison, Nesbitt, Telfer, McGuffie and get someone in there with Jacobs to do the hard graft stuff.

Spot on. Morrison probably first choice of that 4 just . The other 3 you could stick in a hat and draw the name out.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Spot on. Morrison probably first choice of that 4 just . The other 3 you could stick in a hat and draw the name out.

I would probably go Telfer, there’s not much in it but I feel he’s more likely to create something than the other two.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If your talking 4 4 2 I've never been keen on telfer out wide to be honest. 

Probably go Morrison and Nesbitt in a 442, mins you Morrisons distribution is woeful. I would maybe stick with the 5 at the back and play Jacobs and another ball winning midfielder who can actually pass with Telfer sitting in behind the front two in the no. 10 position in a midfield 3.  I would prefer McCann and Williamson as the two wing backs in the back 5 with Watson, ATS and Mills in the middle.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Can’t say I was shocked we lost yesterday, they are a better football side than us currently and the league table speaks for itself. Where it sticks in the throat is that 2nd half performance. Not even near the level required. 

Are we the 4th best team in the league? It’ll be between us, Queens Park & maybe Clyde. Next week is huge imho. 

Hopefully we will still get a couple of improvements into the starting X1. It’s certainly needed. 

I should be shocked that some of our fans think we are better than Airdrie and Montrose however I’m not. That’s actually part of the problem throughout the whole club.

We are in this position for a reason and the reason is we are not good enough.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm amazed fans are still targeting promotion. If we avoid relegation that will do for me. 

We need a huge increase in quality.. recruitment so far looks better but not 'better enough'. We're still at best a mid level League One club. 

Relegation talk is a nonsense to be honest.

The recruitment so far has been good, the players brought in are a serious improvement, the problem is there are still too many non performers / donkeys left over from the Sheerin team.

Another strong midfielder and striker and we will certainly be competitive against the teams above us.

Can we get them though?

Edited by Reggie Perrin

58 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Enjoy your wee spell in the sun.

Once your manager moves on you will revert to your normal position of trying to avoid following Brechin out of the league.

I think we can now put out a defence and a forward line that isnt primarily characterised by incompetence and hiding. But as folk are already saying, not so for the midfield which is fast starting to look like Keaghan Jacobs plus passengers.

My fear is that in terms of budget and time already spent this window, Rennie may have thought (like many did) that with competence around the team you might get a tune out of the likes of Nesbitt and Telfer. One game is too soon to say otherwise but the signs are there.

Telfer is a player whos time at Falkirk, despite some form patches has been a lot more shite than not, and Nesbitt as discussed lastnight continues flattering to deceive.

Keaghan Jacobs is as likely to chuck it in as the rest if hes to put up with carrying these lightweight non-producers of anything worthwhile for any length of time.

Liam Craig plz