The Falkirk FC Thread

Defensive mistakes, soft as shite in midfield and powderpuff up front. Sound familiar?

The new signings definitely improve us but they need to bed in quickly cos as it stands we are still better than the shite in the league and worse than anyone above average. 6th place is probably about right.

A GK, midfielder and centre forward still required.

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Defensive mistakes, soft as shite in midfield and powderpuff up front. Sound familiar?

The new signings definitely improve us but they need to bed in quickly cos as it stands we are still better than the shite in the league and worse than anyone above average. 6th place is probably about right.

A GK, midfielder and centre forward still required.

It’s amazing to think that of the Sheerin & Holt shitshow, we are headed towards two or three at most who aren’t headed for the ejector seat.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think despite our covid hit defeat to you in the last game the two other pumpings suggest we're better than Clyde who've played a game more.

Since the second of those pumpings in October we have lost once in the league.

Falkirk have lost six (six).

I don't think I can express how much of a riddy being 22 (twenty-two points) behind Cove Rangers is. We are an absolute gang. 4th is the best we can possibly hope for and even if we somehow manage that, I can't see us pulling any surprises in the play-offs. Major surgery needed - again. 

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Honeymoon period is well and truly over and that defeat is on Rennie. His management today and decision making, or lack off, was a complete embarrassment. It was painfully obvious after that opening 15 minutes that was we needed to change the shape we were getting massively over run in the middle of the park and getting down the wings. We need to either match up or go 4-4-2 to be able to get back into the game yet he waited until 5 minutes to go to change it which is absolutely unacceptable. Queens Park game aside that second half performance was as bad as anything I’ve seen this season.

So, positives: Jacobs played quite well, Watson had a couple of decent tackles.

Negatives: Mills is only marginally better than Brad McKay. Gary Miller. Seb Ross getting minutes. Why? Just why? Craig McGuffie getting 85 minutes despite absolutely stinking the place out for every one of them and there’s a much better player than him that plays in that position is madness. It’s only taken 3 weeks but we’ve absolutely destroyed all the confidence that Dowds built up during that loan spell at Arbroath. No attacking intent at all in that second half.

Genuinely seething with that performance.

pretty much sums up my thoughts perfectly 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's so feckin depressing.  Might as well forget about even the playoffs when you watch that shite. Rennie might as well feck off back to his girls college side.

It’s not the dark ages ffs. Have you looked at the guys CV ? He’s not going to turn us around in 6 weeks, even Pep couldn’t do that. At least show the guy a bit respect.

Guest Caractacus Potts

To measure how much we have fallen, in their 18 league matches last season, Miller and McCracken gained 3 more points than we have at present(after 22 games).

The good news is that the past 4 games have brought 5 more points than games 19-22 last season however there is clearly a lot work required to stop us sliding further. Martin and Miller have their work cut out but desperately need to start stringing more results together before as it won’t take long for the pressure to mount on them too. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

It’s not the dark ages ffs. Have you looked at the guys CV ? He’s not going to turn us around in 6 weeks, even Pep couldn’t do that. At least show the guy a bit respect.

We are a basket case of a club and have been for a few years now. Yet a number of us seem to expect Rennie to turn it all around in a few games.
Falkirk supporters, eh?…[emoji6]

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What's the dark ages got to do with it. That's where he was before FFS.  If it had been a boys high school side I'd have said that too. I want to see improvements . I don't expect us to be superstars in 4 weeks but I do expect us to be better . The result today was poor but the performance was the main thing and it was fecking honking again after last week's huff and puff at East Fife. We as fans want to see us heading in the right direction but at the moment we're treading water and nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What's the dark ages got to do with it. That's where he was before FFS.  If it had been a boys high school side I'd have said that too. I want to see improvements . I don't expect us to be superstars in 4 weeks but I do expect us to be better . The result today was poor but the performance was the main thing and it was fecking honking again after last week's huff and puff at East Fife. We as fans want to see us heading in the right direction but at the moment we're treading water and nothing else.

You were being derogatory about the guy and about woman’s sport.