The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Because we’re a shite team in league 1 and no decent experienced defenders will come to us

Nonsense other sides in this league manage to get guys who can do the basics at the back in no problem.  No point in bringing in kids that aren't ready when we're trying to shore up a piss awful defence. It's league one too so its not as if we need a baresi or bloody John Terry . Just someone with half a clue how to defend would do.

Considering Mills had to play right back and centre back today I don't think he done too badly. Should have shown Lyons down the outside for the first but other than that he was relatively solid. When the ball was down Miller's side we were fucked. Jacobs looked good when he came on. Dowds was humped after 60 mins and should have been replaced. Mcguffie should never start infront of Mccann ever again lost count the number of times he got rinsed defensively. Nesbitt was piss poor also and nowhere near good enough to play in a midfield 3. 

It was just rank all round. Definitely think the players we've brought in are improvements though so hopefully it's just a case of time to let them bed in to see us improve.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Honeymoon period is well and truly over and that defeat is on Rennie. His management today and decision making, or lack off, was a complete embarrassment. It was painfully obvious after that opening 15 minutes that was we needed to change the shape we were getting massively over run in the middle of the park and getting down the wings. We need to either match up or go 4-4-2 to be able to get back into the game yet he waited until 5 minutes to go to change it which is absolutely unacceptable. Queens Park game aside that second half performance was as bad as anything I’ve seen this season.

So, positives: Jacobs played quite well, Watson had a couple of decent tackles.

Negatives: Mills is only marginally better than Brad McKay. Gary Miller. Seb Ross getting minutes. Why? Just why? Craig McGuffie getting 85 minutes despite absolutely stinking the place out for every one of them and there’s a much better player than him that plays in that position is madness. It’s only taken 3 weeks but we’ve absolutely destroyed all the confidence that Dowds built up during that loan spell at Arbroath. No attacking intent at all in that second half.

Genuinely seething with that performance.

No mention of the two players who for me are absolutely under performing more than most. Telfer and Nesbitt anonymous 

5 minutes ago, champions said:

Utterly woeful, that 2nd half was Sheerin esq, clueless

2 wins and 3 losses for Rennie is not good enough.

Next week is must win

5 games  3 and a half absolutely rancid performances too with only Dumbarton and a half against Airdrie as anywhere near acceptable. 

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given your rather hysterical reaction I think you’re on the glue mate.
Some of these players have just been signed and threw into the mix today. Hopefully we will see better next Saturday when they’ve had time to get used to each other.
If we played the usual back line we’d have left with four in our onion bag tonight.
As for Mills, his long ball distribution out of defence was really good. Hence why Watson always gave it to him to push the ball forward…..

I would usually accept that they have just been signed but weve just been taught a lesson in how to play by Montrose today. Embarrassing and pathetic from the vast majority of the team.

5 points from an available 30 against the top 4 sides in the league says it all. There is no gloss or spin that can be put on such an horrendous statistic. Truly pathetic. Now on our fourth management team since relegation and the pattern remains resolutely the same. Pick up three points against a rancid Dumbarton/EF every four or five weeks. Fast forward seven days to a fixture against an opponent of a slightly higher quality and you can write the script. Rennie's abilty to change this is what I'll be judging him on, not beating a ten-man, bottom-of-the-league East Fife.

If - or given the above statistic more likely when - QP take their customary three points next week we're looking at the prospect of playing out the rest of a meaningless season drudging about the middle to lower reaches of League 1. Absolutely miles off it. 

Seriously think people are underestimating just how shite we were/are. The squad is shocking. It’s so powderpuff, especially in midfield. Rennies signings so far have been positive but nothing is going to be fixed overnight. 

Rennie will be judged on how he does by the end of the season. I’m not going to dismiss him after a month in charge

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

No mention of the two players who for me are absolutely under performing more than most. Telfer and Nesbitt anonymous 

Why he's picking both of them is utterly beyond me. It's not worked all season. You just get two fecking complete passengers. Not sure what's happened with nesbitt who was outstanding at the start of the season whilst telfer is a one decent game in about 15 if you're lucky. Playing them both is farcical.

I also didn’t mention Ryan Williamson playing hide and seek the full game and Kabia spending the second half in Sean Dillons back pocket. I didn’t cover every player.

FWIW Nesbitt is a ‘luxury’ player that has little to no end product. He’s positionless and when we’re playing a team better than us, so most weeks, he’s as good as a man down. Telfer was shite. Game seemed to pass him by and his use of the ball was terrible. I’d still rather we didn’t have to bring Seb Ross on for him though.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why he's picking both of them is utterly beyond me. It's not worked all season. You just get two fecking complete passengers. Not sure what's happened with nesbitt who was outstanding at the start of the season whilst telfer is a one decent game in about 15 if you're lucky. Playing them both is farcical.

The same reason he’s picking Miller, there’s no better options at present. Hopefully Jacobs starts next week with a new midfielder in there as well

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nonsense other sides in this league manage to get guys who can do the basics at the back in no problem.  No point in bringing in kids that aren't ready when we're trying to shore up a piss awful defence. It's league one too so its not as if we need a baresi or bloody John Terry . Just someone with half a clue how to defend would do.

Not in January though. That’s the point I was making

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

I also didn’t mention Ryan Williamson playing hide and seek the full game and Kabia spending the second half in Sean Dillons back pocket. I didn’t cover every player.

FWIW Nesbitt is a ‘luxury’ player that has little to no end product. He’s positionless and when we’re playing a team better than us, so most weeks, he’s as good as a man down. Telfer was shite. Game seemed to pass him by and his use of the ball was terrible. I’d still rather we didn’t have to bring Seb Ross on for him though.

Telfer and Nesbitt contributing nothing and it has been that most of the season. 

For those saying “Rennie can go back to managing his womens team in America” should maybe have some respect for what the guy has done in his career. 

If your calling for his head already then you deserve the club you’ve got!

We just brought in Watson in January and ATS. No point bringing in young kids that havent kicked a ball for a first team really.

Remember we also have Dixon to come back in so he may end up being a bench player anyway. But I hardly think one game with unfamiliar teammates is fair to judge on…..

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The same reason he’s picking Miller, there’s no better options at present. Hopefully Jacobs starts next week with a new midfielder in there as well

Jacobs managed to play 60 mins today nae bother and yet Rennie still started the awful miller  in front of him. Playing both telfer and nesbitt isn't required if you change the formation to one that suits the bloody players you have.  

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Remember we also have Dixon to come back in so he may end up being a bench player anyway. But I hardly think one game with unfamiliar teammates is fair to judge on…..

I just don't see this being the time for young inexperienced defenders. One thing if we were a team on form flying , full of confidence and flying in the league but we are far from that.