The Falkirk FC Thread

Yip the guys right up there with Morgan and Graham as one of the worst strikers ever to wear the navy blue. Was also woeful against us in the games he played last season. Who can forget his comical miss at Westfield when again the majority on this thread probably could've scored. I think about 8 of his 11 league goals came against Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa which is about his level to be honest.

We're your strikers unavailable for all the Alloa cowden and Dumbarton games or did they just not bother scoring against them as it was too easy??

We had agreed monies with Clarkson according to Houston, but when Motherwell came in he wanted to play in the Prem. So he must have been happy enough with the wages we offered him, and i wouldn't imagine Macdonald was on peanuts last season.

I doubt there was much or any interest from the spl, Hibs or hearts when we discussed terms, at that point our wage offer would have been acceptable.

Clarkson has been handed a lifeline at Motherwell to remain SPL, their manager seems to be getting the old boys back, tho if MacDonald(Skippy) re-signs, we may see Clarkson on loan in January in this division.

Taylor, Farid and Loy couldn't have been on silly money and we'd take any of those three in an instance. It just shows you that the players are out their if you've got the contacts and are willing to put the effort in to uncover them. So far Pressley and Holt seem way ahead of Houston on this front and I was no big fan of either of them.

Sure Taylor was a tip off from Bully (Lee Bullen) Farid was an ex hearts player that tipped off Elvis and Loy was injured the majority of previous season and came on trial, we got a bit of luck with those three

White, Deuchar,McManus, Beck, Roberts, Bingham, Boulding, Morgan and Higgins weren't on a lot of money either

How do you guys expect Falkirk to line up on Saturday?

Rogers

Muirhead Grant Watson Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Vaulks sibbald

McHugh Baird

Vaulks may drop back to centre half for watson or Alston may be in contention for midfield

Rodgers

Muirhead

Watson

Grant

Leahy

Smith

Taiwo

Vaulks

Sibbald

Mchugh

Baird

Rogers

Muirhead Grant Watson Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Vaulks sibbald

McHugh Baird

Vaulks may drop back to centre half for watson or Alston may be in contention for midfield

Something along the lines of: Rogers - Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy - Alston Taiwo Vaulks Sibbald - Baird McHugh

Rogers, Muirhead, Watson, Grant, Leahy, Taiwo,Sibbald, Baird, McHugh, Vaulks Alston/Kerr.

cheers guys, looking forward to it.

White, Deuchar,McManus, Beck, Roberts, Bingham, Boulding, Morgan and Higgins weren't on a lot of money either

Extremely harsh to put both Mark Beck and Tam McManus in there amongst that lot. McManus especially was underrated second time round IMO.

The team almost picks itself really with only 1 or 2 places up for grabs.

Rogers

Muirhead

Watson

Grant

Leahy

Taiwo

Kerr

Vaulks

Sibbald

Baird

Mchugh

Subs:

Bowman

Dick

Cooper

Smith

Alston

Shepherd

Maybury

Reckon that's how we'll go with possibly Thomas Grant or Ryan Blair instead of Maybury.

I reckon Smith will play on Saturday. Could do with a bit of natural width on either flank against a team likely to sit in.

He's definitely not done himself any harm over the last 2 friendlies anyway. Be interesting to see who would drop out of midfield if he was start.

Extremely harsh to put both Mark Beck and Tam McManus in there amongst that lot. McManus especially was underrated second time round IMO.

It was just a list of the top of my head of the strikers we have had under Elvis, Holt and Houston whilst praise goes on for Loy, Farid, Taylor and its easy to get those types in

I didn't mind McManus or Higgins when he was fit, Beck was a hit or a miss and looked that he had the fitness of someone 10yr older than he was

Edited by MrDust

Sure Taylor was a tip off from Bully (Lee Bullen) Farid was an ex hearts player that tipped off Elvis and Loy was injured the majority of previous season and came on trial, we got a bit of luck with those three

Ross Wilson lined up Lyle Taylor