The Falkirk FC Thread

I like Taylor Morgan

He gives me confidence that if he can get a club, I still have a chance.

Just need to stick in at 5s

Yeah he's got the exact same goalscoring record for Falkirk as virtually all of us on this thread and the brilliant Ally Graham.

Houston has had two months (6 months in the case of a striker) to come up with signings and the best he can produce is Watson and mc hugh? If I was a Falkirk fan id be mightily pissed off. Those two take average to a new level. I wouldn't have taken Watson back at livi, softest centre half in the division.

That reminds me Jordan Whites another striker with the same goal scoring record for the bairns as Morgan, Graham, and the majority of us on this thread.

The same Jordan white that scored more than any Falkirk player last season in a team battling relegation? Surely not??

I'm not jumping through hoops about his signings either, his track record isn't too great, but Watson seemed to play well against us for Raith, McHugh is a gamble, that may or may not pay off, Rogers is an able replacement for Macdonald, who was pretty average with us. Tbf we have made offers to a few strikers and been knocked back, Clarkson being one, who chose Motherwell at the last minute, we are still after a striker, who we end up with is another story. You have to remember that Allagui, Taylor and Loy were all unknowns before they came to us and were a success, my fear is that trend will stop at some point. Out of all Houston's signings probably Taiwo, Kerr and Baird have been the best, Grant was already lined up by Holt and technically not a Houston signing he has been superb. Smith and Cooper have been poor, Muirhead hasn't really had much game time but looks decent enough, Boulding, Tudur - Jones and Morgan were just bloody awful.

The same Jordan white that scored more than any Falkirk player last season in a team battling relegation? Surely not??

Yip the guys right up there with Morgan and Graham as one of the worst strikers ever to wear the navy blue. Was also woeful against us in the games he played last season. Who can forget his comical miss at Westfield when again the majority on this thread probably could've scored. I think about 8 of his 11 league goals came against Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa which is about his level to be honest.

Houston has had two months (6 months in the case of a striker) to come up with signings and the best he can produce is Watson and mc hugh? If I was a Falkirk fan id be mightily pissed off. Those two take average to a new level.

Houston seemed to have put his eggs in the basket of David Clarkson.

The deal seemed done and ready to announce but he chose the Premiership instead.

Can't really blame him for any of this.

I will judge Mchugh and Watson once I've seen them both a few times

From an outsider and with only Saturday's typical pre-season affair for evidence, I thought Falkirk looked like they'll struggle for goals this season. They looked devoid of any link between midfield and Baird; McHugh looked like he was playing "in the hole" which wouldn't particularly suit him from my knowledge. Baird is a mid-First Division jobber, I doubt he's going to deliver the kind of return that Loy did. I also think Baird struggles badly unless paired with someone a bit more physical to play off; I suspect McHugh will fall into the same category so not sure how viable that partnership would be.

Imagine there's going to be a big onus on Alston and Sibbald to create chances, and if they're not on their game which they weren't on Saturday, there might be a few scoreless matches.

On the plus side, I don't think they'll concede many - a lot of decent options at the back. Quite liked the look of Peter Grant; very broad shouldered and looked like he'd be quite handy at set-pieces.

Houston has had two months (6 months in the case of a striker) to come up with signings and the best he can produce is Watson and mc hugh? If I was a Falkirk fan id be mightily pissed off. Those two take average to a new level. I wouldn't have taken Watson back at livi, softest centre half in the division.

Is the penny not beginning to drop that the cash we are offering will only get us players of a certain quality?

I just wish he would cast his net wider than Scotland, it seems bizarre to me that every player he has signed have played in Scottish football with the exception of Morgan, i mean he's after an experienced striker, i can't think of any other freebies up here that fill that category that haven't already been mentioned ie Miller, Daly, so if that's his remit chances are it must be one of them.

Houston seemed to have put his eggs in the basket of David Clarkson.

The deal seemed done and ready to announce but he chose the Premiership instead.

Can't really blame him for any of this.

I will judge Mchugh and Watson once I've seen them both a few times

I'd have thought Brian Graham would have been top of his list, but he signed quickly for Ross County, Dale Carrick another and it was strongly rumoured with Kris Doolan, tho being under contract, I wouldn't be so sure of that one.

Stories about that Houstie is frustrated in what we can offer in wages, which has seen us lose out in Clarkson and perhaps Carrick, Graham and maybe others. We will struggle to get in players from England as suggested by a few, if we can't compete wage wise in Scotland.

We have made I think, 3 good signings with more to follow, I'd have liked signings in earlier but there no point signing for the sake of it ala Smith and OTJ of last season.

Good to see someone judge players after wearing the navy blue, tends to work out the best way....

I am comfortable with the two that he has signed. They both know the division and are both triers.

I do hope however that we see a decent, experienced striker coming in that will get the fans excited.

I'd have thought Brian Graham would have been top of his list, but he signed quickly for Ross County, Dale Carrick another and it was strongly rumoured with Kris Doolan, tho being under contract, I wouldn't be so sure of that one.

Stories about that Houstie is frustrated in what we can offer in wages, which has seen us lose out in Clarkson and perhaps Carrick, Graham and maybe others. We will struggle to get in players from England as suggested by a few, if we can't compete wage wise in Scotland.

We have made I think, 3 good signings with more to follow, I'd have liked signings in earlier but there no point signing for the sake of it ala Smith and OTJ of last season.

Good to see someone judge players after wearing the navy blue, tends to work out the best way....

We had agreed monies with Clarkson according to Houston, but when Motherwell came in he wanted to play in the Prem. So he must have been happy enough with the wages we offered him, and i wouldn't imagine Macdonald was on peanuts last season.

Taylor, Farid and Loy couldn't have been on silly money and we'd take any of those three in an instance. It just shows you that the players are out their if you've got the contacts and are willing to put the effort in to uncover them. So far Pressley and Holt seem way ahead of Houston on this front and I was no big fan of either of them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Taylor Morgan has played a couple of games on trial for us and scored today.

I take I don't want to ask Falkirk fans opinions of him?

His best contribution in about 10 appearances was ducking out the way for someone else to put it in.

I think he is quite fast though, no acceleration but once he gets going I remember thinking he was rather quick.