Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was "Morton-esque" in feel. Need to check the stats for that, but I fear it would be too sanity-destroying to undertake.

Falkirk From January window

P12 W3 L7 D2 GF12 GA19 GD-7

8 points out of a total 36 

Partick from January window

P12 W7 L1 D4 GF31 GA11 GD+20

25 points out of 36

Bearing in mind Particks only loss was against Montrose on the last day once the league was already won with zero to play for. 

Some coincidence that Gary holts tenure began in the January as well. 

So I think it was a mixture of both us being shite and them getting a great run of results. 

Aye you are right that was a sore one to look up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

People keep quoting ' look what Partick done ' going on that run to win the league. It was only made possible by a catastrophic collapse by the team at the top...who happened to be us.

Doubt a fall of that magnitude has happened before or will again. Disastrous stuff from bod, through Holt, the management team and certain players. Have to be thankful we are rid of the vast majority of them.

Only starting collapsing when the bus driver came in saying 'I'm not here to be the next manager' then being manager only a couple months later.  


I think I could've forgiven it all if he wasn't such an arrogant w**k. Away on open goal lapping it up in the summer.

 

Mind in his first spell he came in days before the Scottish cup semi final. Alex Smith was interim and had won something like 4 games out of 4. Any sensible c**t would've let Smith take charge but not oor Gary! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the Clyde game last season we were 7 clear of Partick (who had a game in hand) and 8 clear of Airdrie. We then lost 6 of our last 7 and finished 8 behind Partick and 6 behind Airdrie.

The gap to Airdrie isn't insurmountable, but as others have said the advantages to finishing 2nd over 4th is pretty small. I suppose it gives us the second leg at home for the semi and possibly the final if the championship team lose. There's still a lot longer to go this season but I'd take 4th place right now given our defensive problems.

 

1622698700_ScreenShot2022-01-26at09_10_38.thumb.png.3b9ecb6ecc2c58a321a6a9c77268f3d8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Falkirk From January window

P12 W3 L7 D2 GF12 GA19 GD-7

8 points out of a total 36 

Partick from January window

P12 W7 L1 D4 GF31 GA11 GD+20

25 points out of 36

Bearing in mind Particks only loss was against Montrose on the last day once the league was already won with zero to play for. 

Some coincidence that Gary holts tenure began in the January as well. 

So I think it was a mixture of both us being shite and them getting a great run of results. 

Aye you are right that was a sore one to look up 

Scale of that collapse is actually worse than I remember when it’s laid out like that, despite it not being pretty M&M at least had us grinding out results and sitting top on course for promotion before GH arrived. Also no coincidence our collapse coincided almost perfectly with the arrival of Gary Holt! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Right
Later today we must sign an experienced defensive midfield thug. Defence looks better with Watson and Dixon being in there. Attack with Dowds and Kabia looks good. Now the midfield. we are too lightweight and lack leadership. If not Craig then someone with dig and command required Make it happen.

Any specific reason why the signing must be later today? Have you got any info? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we’re good enough to go on a run then making the play offs will take care of itself. 

Let’s just hope we can build some momentum now and that’s what will make the difference for the play offs. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

I seem to remember a formation change not long after Holt arrived

 

Trying to think, when was the last season where the manager who started the season finished it?

The 16/17 season when we finished 2nd to Hibs under Houston, since then:

17/18 - Houston sacked
18/19 - Hartley sacked
19/20 - McKinnon Sacked
20/21 - Miller & McCracken sacked
21/22 - Sheerin Sacked

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

Edited by Albertobotswana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

Whit????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

Is this a fuckin wind up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Whit????

Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan, his brother was and they hung around with at least 2 Aberdeen fans. (Larbert esp South Broomage was a smaller place in those days).

Add in the American link with Aberdeen, can you see the risk?

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

have you bumped your head or are you baked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Is this a fuckin wind up?

Every game I believe (certainly at this level) we can win, have done for years. Been a fan for 36 years, seen bad times and worse times.

Did anyone think we would end up in L1 or throw it all away last year?

Expect the unexpected!

 

Edited by Albertobotswana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Only starting collapsing when the bus driver came in saying 'I'm not here to be the next manager' then being manager only a couple months later.  


I think I could've forgiven it all if he wasn't such an arrogant w**k. Away on open goal lapping it up in the summer.

 

Mind in his first spell he came in days before the Scottish cup semi final. Alex Smith was interim and had won something like 4 games out of 4. Any sensible c**t would've let Smith take charge but not oor Gary! 

No, I think he was right to take the team that day as he was the manager after all. I just wish to f**k that he would have handed over to Smith at half time!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Admin, get him binned 

Ha ha... for what?

Believing that my team can still win the league???

I believed we could beat Celtic over 2 games and get to a cup final or actually beat rangers from 2 goals down in the Championship or Ritchie would get 2 at Ibrox.

It's a push but still mathematically possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...