The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Case is still the same for me, if Goodwillies in, I'm out, can chuck your season ticket money and FSS subscription in the bin. Wont be back. 

I'll never understand why Chelsea fans are happy with Marcus Alonso in their team either. Just as a thread to this topic that is getting old now. 

Very rarely disagreed with letting players go the past few years but we've really struggled to bring in better replacements.

ATS looks ok enough and Kabia obviously had an amazing debut, we badly need 2 centre halves and an upgrade on Miller/Telfer (or both) for CM or we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Rennie/Miller will be all too aware of this though and i'm just hoping they're able to get in the quality we desperately need. 

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Very rarely disagreed with letting players go the past few years but we've really struggled to bring in better replacements.

ATS looks ok enough and Kabia obviously had an amazing debut, we badly need 2 centre halves and an upgrade on Miller/Telfer (or both) for CM or we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Rennie/Miller will be all too aware of this though and i'm just hoping they're able to get in the quality we desperately need. 

An upgrade on Miller definitely needed but I’d be astonished if we could do better than Telfer in this league.

He’ll be in the championship next season whether we go up or not imo.

15 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Don't forget Danny McBreen, #GoalMachine!

You can't forget a man of that callibre. Now working as the head youth coach at Newcastle Jets which is also one of Kenny Miller's old clubs. #Contacts

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

It’s not a case of replacing Telfer. It’s getting someone to play along side him that can let him do what he does best

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

It’s not a case of replacing Telfer. It’s getting someone to play along side him that can let him do what he does best

I think Telfer's form has dropped recently TBH although I'd absolutely want him to stay. I also think that Garry Miller did well enough on Saturday, first half at least. It was hard for my old eyes to see if he was responsible for any of the erratic defending that went on once he moved to CH in the 2nd half though.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Are they the kind that’s going to get us into the Champions League places 😁

I thought we've went over this already Harry, Mark Reynolds is just waiting on the house prices falling.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How good was that season btw? Goals flying in left right and centre.

Only tailed off at the end once Yogi signed Alan Kernaghan!!

He also moved on Davie NIC for some crazy reason . Yogis post Xmas slump was all too often an occurrence unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Any of the “ITK” guys prepared to throw a name or two ? 

Given it's been reported today Kevin Mcdonald's in training with St Johnstone it wouldn't surprise me if Liam Craig's one of them.

Guest TedCrilly
5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given it's been reported today Kevin Mcdonald's in training with St Johnstone it wouldn't surprise me if Liam Craig's one of them.

I’d guess Craig as well. They’ve just confirmed McPherson has signed for St J as well.

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Are they the kind that’s going to get us into the Champions League places 😁

One of the names I was told I’d be surprised if we got but the level of ambition gives me a boner 😁