Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

The DGW move has to be ancient history by now surely.  The whole episode down to a momentary lapse of moral compass by the new board soon corrected. That and the fact Kabia has been signed. 

Very happy Keena is away, I can just about accept players having limited ability but to be downright lazy is unacceptable.  Hopefully bring someone in who can actually run and gets into the box occasionally.    

Edited by Proudtobeabairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The DGW move has to be ancient history by now surely.  The whole episode down to a momentary lapse of moral compass by the new board soon corrected. That and the fact Kabia has been signed. 

Very happy Keena is away, I can just about accept players having limited ability but to be downright lazy is unacceptable.  Hopefully bring someone in who can actually run and gets into the box occasionally.    

Ironically I felt that Keena was moving well on Saturday before he got the knock 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The DGW move has to be ancient history by now surely.  The whole episode down to a momentary lapse of moral compass by the new board soon corrected. That and the fact Kabia has been signed. 

Very happy Keena is away, I can just about accept players having limited ability but to be downright lazy is unacceptable.  Hopefully bring someone in who can actually run and gets into the box occasionally.    

Info I received was yesterday so I'm not convinced it's dead and buried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Info I received was yesterday so I'm not convinced it's dead and buried.

You're normally such a walloper on here that it's hard to take any 'info' you have seriously, care to reveal the source?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still plenty of work to do in this window given no one is likely to want/ take any of Hall, McKay, Miller, Hetherington, Wilson or Ompreon.

Hopefully two central defenders, a defensive midfielder and two strikers still to come in

If the money isn't there for that, I'd hope for a central defender (with Dixon hopefully back within the next couple of weeks), a midfielder and a striker as a minimum. 

 

 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, some_guy said:

You're normally such a walloper on here that it's hard to take any 'info' you have seriously, care to reveal the source?

Not when you ask like that that's for sure.

I don't expect people just to take my word for it . I haven't taken anyone elses on here for a start. Up to people to make their own minds up using the info they have available.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Mutual termination so no money involved. Don't understand that at all. A homesick half arsed Keena on the bench is a far, far better option than Wilson or Ompreon

I’d presume Rennie is well aware of that and the wages saved from Keena will be used to bring better quality in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d presume Rennie is well aware of that and the wages saved from Keena will be used to bring better quality in 

a good point well made, the money saved from Keena wages should certainly be able to entice someone of similar if not better quality

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As it stands we have Dowds, Kabia, Morrison, Ompreon and WIlson....the last 2 will unlikely be in Rennie's plans.

Over the last few weeks it looked as though Keena wasn't too interested and I'm, not surprised he was offloaded. I have sneaking suspicion that both Rennie and Miller wouldnt have stood for that attitude.

My thoughts only....is that they may think we are OK up front at the moment, particularly afer bringing Kabia in and probably focussing now on other areas where we need to improve i.e one half decent enforcer for the middle and a couple of players for at the back. I would also like to see a new experienced keeper coming in but priority should be the centre backs as we are woeful in that dept.

Edited by Zbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

As it stands we have Dowds, Kabia, Morrison, Ompreon and WIlson....the last 2 will unlikely be in Rennie's plans.

Over the last few weeks it looked as though Keena wasn't too interested and I'm, not surprised he was offloaded. I have sneaking suspicion that both Rennie and Miller wouldnt have stood for that attitude.

My thoughts only....is that they may think we are OK up front at the moment, particularly afer bringing Kabia in and probably focussing now on other areas where we need to improve i.e one half decent enforcer for the middle and a couple of players for at the back. I would also like to see a new experienced keeper coming in but priority should be the centre backs as we are woeful in that dept.

I’m not sure if it’s just the way you’ve written it but the management team won’t be focusing on one signing at a time. Regardless of whether or not they’re looking at a new striker, they’ll be looking at improving other positions as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

As it stands we have Dowds, Kabia, Morrison, Ompreon and WIlson....the last 2 will unlikely be in Rennie's plans.

Over the last few weeks it looked as though Keena wasn't too interested and I'm, not surprised he was offloaded. I have sneaking suspicion that both Rennie and Miller wouldnt have stood for that attitude.

My thoughts only....is that they may think we are OK up front at the moment, particularly afer bringing Kabia in and probably focussing now on other areas where we need to improve i.e one half decent enforcer for the middle and a couple of players for at the back. I would also like to see a new experienced keeper coming in but priority should be the centre backs as we are woeful in that dept.

If dowds or kabia get injured though then your really struggling for two up top although I suppose we still have till end of February to cover that if necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If dowds or kabia get injured though then your really struggling for two up top although I suppose we still have till end of February to cover that if necessary.

yep....although my main worry would be Dowds as Morrison and Kabia will be the other partner and possibly interchangable.

I think the dynamic of the team has changed over the last few weeks, where we look as if we might score more goals. The problem now is how to stop us losing them at the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d be astonished if Rennie wasn’t looking for another striker of better quality with the wages freed up by Keena.

I just hope it’s not the name that’s been discussed previously.

I dont think they would stop look for better quality up front. Just the priority may have shifted to the back with Kabia coming in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now have a squad of 24(If Holt & Ompreon are even still here neither appeared to be in the training video) obviously the 3 youngsters will be on peanuts so it's probably also safe to discount them. Need to try move Wilson on as it's pointless him taking up a space on the bench when he's nowhere near good enough.

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann
Cammy Williamson
Mackenzie Lemon
Aaron Taylor Sinclair

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Ben Weekes

Strikers
Anton Dowds
Jaze Kabia
Jaime Wilson
Samuel Ompreon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...