The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Disregarding the tongue in cheek posts above I wonder if we are in for Paul Watson?

Some of the dregs of the Championship (Ayr, QoS, Hamilton) supposed to be sniffing around him.

You'd like to hope we are, at 31 he's still got a fair few years in him. Was never outstanding but he's definitely a fair few levels above what we currently have.

Watching the highlights again and surprised no one has commented just how good a cross it was from McGuffie for the first goal.
Ironically it’s the one forward area I think we are weakest on. But a few more like that from him and I’d be happy to see him continue to start…..

Kaiba was totally left field, so if we do bring in one or two defensive players, I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it’s players that haven’t appeared on the radar up to now.

I get a sense that MR is most definitely not “one of the boys” a la M&M. Being a bit detached like that can be a huge positive.
I always remember Bobby Lennox saying one of the most impressive things about Jock Stein was that he was never pals with the players, and when he entered the dressing room, everyone just shut up and listened. Command and control was his, and no-one ever questioned it.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a post on the Airdrie thread where some tit attempts to excuse Airdrie fans giving Nazi salutes!

His argument is it’s acceptable because they’ve always done it.

Scummy wee club.

I think they are referring to this from yesterday.

6C948B6A-D802-47E9-AB60-5F2A09EFBFF0.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
Surely can't just be me that thinks we need new defenders? Starting to wonder why Rennie hasn't sorted that issue yet.

I like Rennie so far, but it does gove me cause for concern that he thinks we dont need to improve in the defensive area.

Where has he said that? 

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Watching the highlights again and surprised no one has commented just how good a cross it was from McGuffie for the first goal.
Ironically it’s the one forward area I think we are weakest on. But a few more like that from him and I’d be happy to see him continue to start…..

I think it was his ONLY decent cross.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ironically it’s forward area I think we are weakest on. But a few more like that from him and I’d be happy to see him continue to start…..

It was a great cross, but probably the only one he delivered. Can you imagine the carnage if Dowds and Kabia had even half a dozen crosses like that to compete for in a game.

Different positions I know, but Dowds and Kabia channel a bit of the Baptie-Irvine zeitgeist, then who knows what might come of it.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I'm sure I did on either the match thread or this one. Was 100% sure it was McGuffie though.

Edited by Rizzo