The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Which manager was it that had Hetherington playing well at Alloa, Grant or Ferguson? I think it was Grant?..., aye, it was Grant.

I'm not convinced he was anything special at alloa. Different situation trying to stay in a league than trying to win one.  

Give Hetherington a chance. He was asked to play in a system that all moves start from the back. That would involve him being a skillful playmaker which he clearly is not. If his role changes to merely protecting the back 3 then perhaps. Not very confident of this but worth a punt as he is drawing a wage

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Give Hetherington a chance. He was asked to play in a system that all moves start from the back. That would involve him being a skillful playmaker which he clearly is not. If his role changes to merely protecting the back 3 then perhaps. Not very confident of this but worth a punt as he is drawing a wage

Even keeping things simple he's pish.  All he should have been  doing is winning the ball, looking after it and then giving it to a creative player.  He can't tackle, gets booked or sent off for stupid challenges and then gives the ball away all the time.  If he was a tough tackling terrier of a midfielder you'd accept him getting booked but hes not.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Even keeping things simple he's pish.  All he should have been  doing is winning the ball, looking after it and then giving it to a creative player.  He can't tackle, gets booked or sent off for stupid challenges and then gives the ball away all the time.  If he was a tough tackling terrier of a midfielder you'd accept him getting booked but hes not.

He's no Tom Taiwo that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Another incumbent identified by our departed DOF.

Part of a process sanctioned by a BOD, which leaves us with a bunch of absolute shite.

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Which manager was it that had Hetherington playing well at Alloa, Grant or Ferguson? I think it was Grant?..., aye, it was Grant.

jim goodwin mainly  and jack ross , grant only had him for a season ,  and well we were cack !

1 hour ago, champions said:

I'm interested to see how he does under a new manager. Clean slate etc

I said that for all the players, McKay has went through a few slates so far

TBH Hetherington hasnt done anything at all to note that you could hang on to. McBride and BOB had MoM games even for some of the more critical of our fans

So far he cant tackle, cant pass forward,  a defensive mid needs one of those skills but I will give him a clean slate if he makes and appearance 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's no Tom Taiwo that's for sure.

Tom Taiwo now too 

As some have said Hetherington would be fine if he could just do the basics and be the foil to allow Telfer to go play. But he's immobile, too slow on the ball and misplaces simply 5 yard passes ie the Queens Park howler. Obviously Rennie's said everyone gets a clean slate but we can't afford to rely on him as a starter in the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Hetherington is and always has been shite. It's all about expectations and context, Alloa may have loved him. Simply not good enough for Falkirk or better than anything we have had in the recent past. Another Paul Paton. 

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not convinced he was anything special at alloa. Different situation trying to stay in a league than trying to win one.  

You’re one of these guys that people refer to as a “know all.” How the f**k do you know he wasn’t that special there, do you get free tickets for the Rec too?

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Hetherington is and always has been shite. It's all about expectations and context, Alloa may have loved him. Simply not good enough for Falkirk or better than anything we have had in the recent past. Another Paul Paton. 

Liam dick left the same team and is doing very well for Raith , make out of that what you will  , Dick was no more a standout than Hetherington , he left a shite team to a shittier team and fell away ..strange conclusion ?

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He actually was due to sign for us at the begining of the season and had agreed a deal but the arsehole Gary Holt made an arse of it as usual.

Probably for the best for all involved ,