The Falkirk FC Thread

Every team in Scotland is looking for a fast prolific goal scorer and they usually cost a lot more than we will be offering. We could go down the Yogi route and pay top dollar for a few players. Hold on. Is that not how we got into a financial mess in the first place!

We're not in a financial mess though. And even if we were, the loan market is generally inexpensive and is more flexible in terms of punting players (eg Rakish Bingham).

We could've had McHugh on loan last season, we should've had someone in after Loy was injured but no, we let the 31st March deadline pass.

I don't think we have used the loan market that well tho, shug was decent, Millar obviously but nothing much to note since the big English loans of stokes, krull and Schmichael.

We won't also break the bank this season with rangers and kiddy on Celtic in the league unless in January we are sitting nicely

Edited by MrDust

We could've had McHugh on loan last season, we should've had someone in after Loy was injured but no, we let the 31st March deadline pass.

I don't think we have used the loan market that well tho, shug was decent, Millar obviously but nothing much to note since the big English loans of stokes, krull and Schmichael.

We won't also break the bank this season with rangers and kiddy on Celtic in the league unless in January we are sitting nicely

My thoughts also.

Both last season and this there are at least 2 clubs in the div that can out resource us by a long way

Going balls out financially to achieve promotion would be detrimental in the event of failing to do so

The board are rightly being prudent in these circumstances

Thats not to say we shouldnt be extremely competitive this season, 3rd place ought to be the expectation

To hell with expectation, right now and for the first half of the season at least we should be aiming for the title. That way if we fall short we still get playoffs.

Even with better resources I see no reason we should expect defeat off anyone before a ball has been kicked. The knicker wetting going on just now, both on here and in particular on one f is getting tiring to say the least.

Queens have lost nearly 3/4 of a team, Holt, Durnan, Reilly, Carmichael, Clark, Burns, Mitchell,McKenna, off the top of my head i'm sure there was one or two more.

Mitchell and Burns started 2 games between them last season. McKenna managed 7. But you missed McShane, and potentially Paton from your list.

I know it's all shoulda, woulda, coulda but I see if ICT progress they will likely play West Ham United.

That would have been an epic trip to London.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Yep that's what I feel to a smaller team than us like Ict gets that dangled in front of them...its a chocker you would have to be in yer sixties to remember bairns playing Coventry in the texaco cup (at 43 I can't) it would have been amazing ......blame erm McCracken grant & fuckin McDonald for that

To hell with expectation, right now and for the first half of the season at least we should be aiming for the title. That way if we fall short we still get playoffs.

Even with better resources I see no reason we should expect defeat off anyone before a ball has been kicked. The knicker wetting going on just now, both on here and in particular on one f is getting tiring to say the least.

Your not being realistic....we kept banging on about being the best supported team in this league & to be fair we were the season we came down...however we can't compete with the govan behemoth.....we can though compete with hibs who call us diddies cause they have double our support..fair enough but hearts have double theirs they don't mention that Edited by distresseduke

Heard through the week that McCracken is fucked. Still a right back would have been a far better option and pushing Muirhead in beside Grant.

Edit to add. I can guarantee McCracken will be playing today and be the fittest man on the park after this statement.

Edited by wee_bairn

Paul Watson played every minute of last season for us, and was very quickly offered a new deal. Obviously he thought he was in with a chance of a deal at Hibs so he held off and when McKinnon came in, the offer was withdrawn. Only time will tell if that was the right thing to do or not, but Benedictus and Toshney both look perfectly able so far.

I really liked Paul Watson though. Started his two seasons with us a little slowly but once he's settled he's been solid. Very few mistakes, if nothing particularly spectacular. Easy to forget how relatively young he is too.

Ive got agree that this is a strange signing, I initially thot it was Keith Watson that was with Dufc, that made sense as I think he was a centre half and used mostly at right back, but no....

Ok McCracken is getting on, but we have Muirhead, Vaulks and McGeever as cover, infact I would even go as far as saying I like to see Vaulks at centre half as sometimes Kerr and him cancel each other out, hence why Vaulks is subbed a fair bit and I think the midfield has more balance when Taiwo is in the centre.

Watson is decent, but just cant see the logic in the signing unless he can play right back also