The Falkirk FC Thread

The reason folk are getting restless is because time is something we don't have.   We need to win more or less every week starting on Saturday.  If Hall, Martin & McKay play and we draw or lose who takes the blame for that?

I too am behind Rennie 100% but its pretty clear we've been knocked back by a few top targets over the course of the week (most likely Fox, Craig, Reynolds and Clyde if reports are to be believed).  Sounds like Rennie assumed at least 1 of those would happen.  

Still time but we really do need to get some over the line asap.  We can't afford to fanny about too much with games running out.  

2 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Really? So if there are no new signings that’s ok?

For you to say there has been nothing positive from the new management is ridiculous. He got us playing much better, although we are still stuck with idiots at the back that keep costing us goals

Just now, mb1876 said:

So Mark Reynolds is at cove rangers, one of many we will lose out on this window. Can see us not signing anybody at this rate

They are sitting top of the table and has a chance of getting a winners medal we are mid table and trying to get a play off its a no brainer

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

They are sitting top of the table and has a chance of getting a winners medal we are mid table and trying to get a play off its a no brainer

In his press interview he said he was keen to move back to Aberdeen where his family were settled and had been working on a career outside football in engineering. Even if we had been in for him it sounds like we had no chance regardless.

Can we get a crowdfunder started to bring back One F to get shot of the many c*nts that's dragging P&B down to One F level

Oh and the amount of new accounts/fans that are suddenly Falkirk yet have daggers out for Rennie and question anything the new board have done or not done when they've been in place just over a month

Adding in to the thread I rather we took our time and got the right personnel in place instead of any old Jamie Wilson to say we signed someone.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Repeating myself here but how do you know we were even interested in him?

Not one bit, when he left Dundee United it said he was to pursue a career elsewhere Aka part time with a job.

I've said before if you have the contacts and status you don't have to drag folk screaming and kicking. Successful managers get deals done the ones that don't get sacked it's as simple as that.  Playing on till may with hall and Mackay stinking the place out cannot be an option.

Nobody is suggesting that McKay and Hall are an option.
Hartley seems to be getting deals done, successful manager is he, why did we ever sack him

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Likes of JJ and Brown and  Hughes and Rice used to drive up and down the uk sourcing players.  Not sure managers are as willing to put the mileage in for recruitment these days unfortunately.

f**k me you’re going back 20-30 years. Every profession will be more advanced and efficient but football managers should switch off the internet, computers and mobile phones and do it like the old successful managers did it 😳

Just now, Rocco said:

f**k me you’re going back 20-30 years. Every profession will be more advanced and efficient but football managers should switch off the internet, computers and mobile phones and do it like the old successful managers did it 😳

It's the best way to do it even in the modern game. You put the mileage and effort in and you get results.  This player profile nonsense is a load of complete tosh.

48 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There are any number of possible reasons why transfers have not yet materialised especially if we are going for a decent level of player.

The reasons are very likely out with our control. 

Just have a wee bit of patience 

I know this. I said it in my first post tonight and even rhymed off half a dozen of these reasons/excuses. Which brings me back to the original point - After listening to Rennies interview on Saturday I was confident there would be signings in this week (because he said there would be). The fact these haven’t materialised is disappointing. Why is that such an issue? Surely every fan is disappointed that we’ve not made a signing as it shows something has gone wrong.

They might arrive tomorrow and they might be brilliant. If they don’t it’s been a highly disappointing week. Either way I’m not planning a boycott, starting a protest or demanding the managers head. I’m also not dressing it up as anything other than disappointing. Simple.