The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We may as well just accept failure give up then aye?  Just totter along in mid table or lower in league one because how could we ever expect a club like Falkirk to be able to recruit players good enough to come fourth or above in league one?  You can have the best coach in the world but if he can't identify and persuade the right calibre of player to join your team then it won't matter a jot.  We've had manager after manager and a dof that couldn't get the right players in to give us a decent football team and until that changes we aren't going anywhere.  ACH well we tried doesn't really cut it. It's a results business and the manager will be measured on the players he brings in to get us the results we need to get into the playoffs. 

Try answering my questions.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd love to know what happened to the players Rennie told us were lined up to join by Holt and sheerin  when he was first asked about new signings. Were they just shite or did we simply fail once again to persuade them to sign.  Probably never know.

Or did Rennie and Miller decide they were no good. We’ll never know

Bid rejected for a rapist. Lost out on Reynolds to Cove. Window going well.

I know there is time left in the window so I’m not going to start wetting my pants but the manager said there would be players in this week. If that doesn’t happen then alarm bells will be ringing. Here’s hoping for tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I know there is time left in the window so I’m not going to start wetting my pants but the manager said there would be players in this week. If that doesn’t happen then alarm bells will be ringing. Here’s hoping for tomorrow. 

The alarm bells will be ringing if we still have McKay and Hall at the end of the window as a starting pair, everyone keeps yapping about the playoffs if the recruitment is pants it'll be the ones at the bottom of the table. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Who even said we were in for Reynolds?

Can’t believe we lost out on Wood to Newcastle ffs! 🤔

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd love to know what happened to the players Rennie told us were lined up to join by Holt and sheerin  when he was first asked about new signings. Were they just shite or did we simply fail once again to persuade them to sign.  Probably never know.

Surely not concerned that we didn’t sign more players targeted by Holt and Sheerin?

We are all frustrated at the lack of signing activity but some of the comments on here are spectacularly over the top.

Surely we are the very last club that should be throwing contracts around like confetti!

I’d much rather have two or three signings or loans that would strengthen the team than yet more dross to fill the bench.

We have what should be a very winnable game on Saturday which gives a wee bit of breathing space to get the necessary signings in before the end of the month.

Chill out people!

Look at our recruitment in the previous 2 windows under Holt. I can pretty much guarantee the players they had lined up were absolutely ganting.

Would’ve been some young jobber Sheerin knew from Aberdeen, some other random ringer no getting a game from some other team stinking out their division and a massive jobber like Robbie Muirhead.

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Does anyone else find Rennie massively uninspiring?

The alarm bells will be ringing if we still have McKay and Hall at the end of the window as a starting pair, everyone keeps yapping about the playoffs if the recruitment is pants it'll be the ones at the bottom of the table. 

Nah there’s not a chance we’ll finish below Dumbarton and East Fife even if we do have to play they 2 goons regularly for the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Or did Rennie and Miller decide they were no good. We’ll never know

Well given the last lot that Holt found made Hartleys duds seem like world beaters he's actually managed to assemble a worse team.  Has his laddie been released ?

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Do you genuinely believe we weren’t or are you looking for some comfort?

Also 1/10 for the shite patter about Woods

Your speculating that we were when we may never have been. 

Correct. I should have used Coutinho instead

Just now, JulioBairn said:

I’ll try again. Do you genuinely think we weren’t in for Reynolds?

I have no idea. I didn’t really see anything that would make me think we were apart from speculation on here. 

Personally I’d be inclined to believe he had a deal arranged with Cove before he left United

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I have no idea. I didn’t really see anything that would make me think we were apart from speculation on here. 

Personally I’d be inclined to believe he had a deal arranged with Cove before he left United

I'm pretty sure that Cove were close to signing him last summer. Certainly was a lot of rumours flying about.