The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

DG is a terrible signing for almost every reason and why do certain people thinking he is our answer, Dowds is far superior!

DG has 14 goals all in L1, Dowds has 9 with 5 in a far better league. If AD hadn't been shipped out by Sheerin, I think he would have more than 14 by now.

DG is a rapist, AD is not!

DG is 33(?), AD is 25.

On the Rennie interview after Airdrie, he basically said our defence is shite without actually bringing Hall or Miler into the interview, pointing and saying "He's pish!". I took it that he knows exactly what the issues are and has his own ideas on how to fix it. We won't win the league (although I still hope) but we will certainly be in the play-offs on our recent performances.

Also what I don't get is the anti-Rennie theme going on, his immediate impact on the team is outstanding. We had Sheerin saying that he thought (in relation to scoring goals) that we might not get any better yet Rennie has managed 9 goals in 3 games (ok... one was against EF). He also has inherited a pile of dross, M&M resigned Hall!! This summer, I see a huge clear out of players and hopefully with Rennie in charge... a more competitive team.

I think the target for Rennie is getting into the play-offs and making a competitive team on the pitch, I think he'll get an extension to his current deal.

I think the theme going on the anti Rennie thing is probably those upset on the departure of the outgoing chairmen/directors and thinking sticking with Sheerin would have been the best option is those wanting chan ge and moaning about it without wanting anything to change if you get my drift as it upsets their momentum.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good to see Dixon in the training video as he's badly needed. Didn't look to have a cast on either so hopefully in contention for Saturday.

Strange to put that video out during a season, for me it's a deflect that we have no signings in.

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

Looking at Saturday in isolation; I’d say the back 3 were more at fault for every goal ahead of Martin. You could argue he was at fault for the third but ATS made an absolute c*nt of it on the lead up to the goal. Maybe unfair on ATS as he’s probably not fully fit but he’s been abysmal as a centre half so far. Baffling signing.

Why is it baffling? We were short of height, he is 6’2”. We had a make shift CH with a broken wrist out for 4/5 five weeks. He can also play LWB and we have a LWB who is under performing. 
The comment is baffling TBH 

I'm a sad act so combed through the video numerous times to see if there were any faces I didn't recognise. The blonde haired lad looks to be a centre back as he was playing beside Lemon in the drill they were doing. Looks relatively young so could just be one of the u18's. 

7BB8CF8A-5DC3-43DD-9B64-EDE82068B60C.jpeg

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest TedCrilly
12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why is it baffling? We were short of height, he is 6’2”. We had a make shift CH with a broken wrist out for 4/5 five weeks. He can also play LWB and we have a LWB who is under performing. 
The comment is baffling TBH 

ATS is a carbon copy of Dixon in respect he’s a make shift left sided CH. He was caught out numerous times against Dumbarton and was mainly at fault for Airdrie's 3rd goal. Imo, I can’t see how you fit Dixon, McCann and ATS in the same side. There’s many positions needing looked at ahead of LCB,LWB imo.

Edited by TedCrilly

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the theme going on the anti Rennie thing is probably those upset on the departure of the outgoing chairmen/directors and thinking sticking with Sheerin would have been the best option is those wanting chan ge and moaning about it without wanting anything to change if you get my drift as it upsets their momentum.

I doubt there's many left who would've kept Sheerin. People are understandably that used to shite that until they see progress they are going to be sceptical of any board and management team. That will continue to build up as long as there are no signings and results remain disappointing that's just the way  football is.  Some decent signings and a few good results and people will feel a lot more positive. Just need to be patient but it's not easy when we've had shite seasons after shite seasons recently.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt there's many left who would've kept Sheerin. People are understandably that used to shite that until they see progress they are going to be sceptical of any board and management team. That will continue to build up as long as there are no signings and results remain disappointing that's just the way  football is.  Some decent signings and a few good results and people will feel a lot more positive. Just need to be patient but it's not easy when we've had shite seasons after shite seasons recently.

I still think there is an element that's upset that Deans and Co are gone and unhappy with supporters being involved.

36 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Don't think there's too much anti Rennie sentiment but there is an issue with some fans who are utterly seething at not being involved with the FSS or patrons group. They were downright rabid over the g/w Facebook rumours & Holt PiCkS tEh TeAm episode, as well as being 100% fucking wrong.

Not sure why anybody would have an issue with the two new fan groups you mention,  both have already raised and put significant amounts of cash into the club with more to follow. Both groups are also completely open to any fan prepared to invest in the club from as little as £10 a month and in fact are actively encouraging more fans to get involved, both groups are run on a one member one vote basis. Maybe some would prefer the return of the MSG or the return of Deans /Mcfarlane ect to the club board!

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Ruth away. Obviously making space for incoming players

Ompreon wasn't in the training video either so I wonder if he's also been sent packing. Fine with Ruth going back as long as someone else is coming in upfront to replace him.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Following the end of his loan deal it says. The same loan deal that said people were telling us was a season long deal when he signed.🤔

Aberdeen have put a different spin on it saying he’s been recalled from loan. 

ATS is a carbon copy of Dixon in respect he’s a make shift left sided CH. He was caught out numerous times against Dumbarton and was mainly at fault for Airdrie's 3rd goal. Imo, I can’t see how you fit Dixon, McCann and ATS in the same side. There’s many positions needing looked at ahead of LCB,LWB imo.

No he isn’t - he is 4 inches taller to start with and as I said the LWB ain’t performing. Dixon hasn’t played since mid December. Gives us options. 

Dixon at CH, ATS at LCH and McCann at LWB.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Aberdeen have put a different spin on it saying he’s been recalled from loan. 

Aye probably because Rennie will have told Glass he won’t play so if you want him to get game time take him back and punt him somewhere else 

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No he isn’t - he is 4 inches taller to start with and as I said the LWB ain’t performing. Dixon hasn’t played since mid December. Gives us options. 

Jesus Christ. You’d manage to put a spin on us re-signing Leo Fasan at this rate. “He’s taller than Martin, 2 inch upgrade”.