The Falkirk FC Thread

Lee Miller has been a Falkirk supporter since he played with us. I have often seen him at the stadium when he wasn't playing elsewhere. I would take him in an instant as I know he would give his all. At 6ft 2 he would give us the aerial presence we are without

This "lazy" (onef) chat is pretty boring now. Do people honestly think Housty waits for the phone to ring?

He's out at games all the time watching players and upcoming teams. He wouldn't still have a managerial career if he didn't after all these years.

He's been a coach/scout since the early 90s FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

He's out at games all the time watching players and upcoming teams. He wouldn't still have a managerial career if he didn't after all these years.

He's been a coach/scout since the early 90s FFS.

Ok, take your point...so, are you telling me he cannot find any other players except other team cast offs?

How many hidden gems has he unearthed, I don't recall too many, maybe some DU fans can help here?

Edited by bejazz1

First games a week on sat and yet we've still not signed a front line striker to replace Loy. We've had only two players on trial one of whom we all knew was finished and yet Houston still took him to Ireland. We now risk getting players in on the eve of the season who need match fitness and a time to bed into the team. I can't believe that of all the players available at the moment up here and down south Heffernan was our best option of a trial alongside McHugh. Even the likes of Alloa are casting their net wider to pick up players than we are. If he wouldn't sign Heffernan as his legs have gone then Miller I'm afraid is in exactly the same boat.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I might just be in the minority here 'cause I'm fairly relaxed about next season - I think we've improved the goalkeeping position and have reasonable options up front, I think we're a decent striker away from having as good a squad as we can expect and I thoroughly believe Houston is trying to get one.

It would take an exceptional effort to get out of this league this season but a play-off place should be the target and I think we've got enough in the squad already to do that.

I'm looking forward to the start of the season.

I might just be in the minority here 'cause I'm fairly relaxed about next season - I think we've improved the goalkeeping position and have reasonable options up front, I think we're a decent striker away from having as good a squad as we can expect and I thoroughly believe Houston is trying to get one.

It would take an exceptional effort to get out of this league this season but a play-off place should be the target and I think we've got enough in the squad already to do that.

Spot on.

I'm just about there too.

First games a week on sat and yet we've still not signed a front line striker to replace Loy. We've had only two players on trial one of whom we all knew was finished and yet Houston still took him to Ireland. We now risk getting players in on the eve of the season who need match fitness and a time to bed into the team. I can't believe that of all the players available at the moment up here and down south Heffernan was our best option of a trial alongside McHugh. Even the likes of Alloa are casting their net wider to pick up players than we are. If he wouldn't sign Heffernan as his legs have gone then Miller I'm afraid is in exactly the same boat.

You realise that the majority of teams in this league are still chasing a striker?

I'm there too.

We have a settled squad from last season and for a change without many changes.