The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rennie sounds like a soft touch. Like a softly spoken posh Ian Cathro

Think about poor Dowds. Having been managed by the  Campbells he has to listen to that? He has played with the best back 4  in the Championship and now he plays with the widely accepted worst back 4 in league 1 . He has gone from playing with Mckenna , Nouble, now he is playing with Forrest Gump Morrison! 
Wouldn’t be surprised if  he is talking to a phycologist.?  

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

“We can’t play a number 10 against Airdrie”. f**k me if that doesn’t tell us how far we’ve fallen then nothing will.

Maybe they are both too soft but based on what we have at our disposal right now, nobody can tell me McGuffie is a better option than Nesbitt. 

They're both as inconsistent as eachother. Nesbitt would be my choice if I had to pick between the two but neither are suited to playing as a centre midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Think about poor Dowds. Having been managed by the  Campbells he has to listen to that? He has played with the best back 4  in the Championship and now he plays with the widely accepted worst back 4 in league 1 . He has gone from playing with Mckenna , Nouble, now he is playing with Forrest Gump Morrison! 

Convinced this is Dowds' brother.

What's a phycologist when it's at home mate.?

20 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

“We can’t play a number 10 against Airdrie”. f**k me if that doesn’t tell us how far we’ve fallen then nothing will.

Maybe they are both too soft but based on what we have at our disposal right now, nobody can tell me McGuffie is a better option than Nesbitt. 

Rennie already looks like a poor poor decision.

26 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

What an embarrassing load of shite……

11 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Rennie already looks like a poor poor decision.

Genuinely, when are we going to give the new guys a chance?

Saw absolutely nothing wrong with the interview. Kind of reminded me of Houston tbh. Nice to have a manager that shows that he cares for a change……

31 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

They're both as inconsistent as eachother. Nesbitt would be my choice if I had to pick between the two but neither are suited to playing as a centre midfielder. 

McGuffie isn’t suited to playing football full stop. Anyway I think you’re agreeing with my original point so I’ll leave it at that 👍🏻

Big improvement from the last game v Airdrie, thought we deserved a draw. How anyone can watch us today and still say we should spend a transfer fee and wages on Goodwille and not strengthen the defence is beyond me! Made some great chances, matched Airdrie over the game but we are so easy to score against, they were up the park twice 2nd half and had 1 disallowed and scored the other. Mutch back and 1 or 2 defenders in and we have a chance of play offs. We just can't keep losing so many easy goals.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Big improvement from the last game v Airdrie, thought we deserved a draw. How anyone can watch us today and still say we should spend a transfer fee and wages on Goodwille and not strengthen the defence is beyond me! Made some great chances, matched Airdrie over the game but we are so easy to score against, they were up the park twice 2nd half and had 1 disallowed and scored the other. Mutch back and 1 or 2 defenders in and we have a chance of play offs. We just can't keep losing so many easy goals.

I don’t think anyone is saying we should sign Goodwillie and not strengthen the defence. I think we are saying we need to strengthen both ends of the pitch. A proper centre forward scores both chances Morrison missed today and gets a hat trick last week.

IMO we either strengthen the whole spine or we write the season off. 

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

How anyone can watch us today and still say we should spend a transfer fee and wages on Goodwille and not strengthen the defence is beyond me

There has not been one single post on here advocating that we do anything of the sort. You're just making stuff up.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Ask Morton and indeed Livi fans what they think of Tiffoney.

If Falkirk were in the position that Arbroath and Raith are in now we may be able to sign players of that calibre too. We're not, which is the whole fucking point!!

But Raith signed players like Hendry and gullen when they were stuck in league one. Partick  signed tiffoney when they were mid table in league one. So I don't see what your fucking point is. If they can do it in league one then why the hell do we find it so bloody difficult despite having far more resources?

Tiffoney is far too good for league one anyone knows that. He's a half decent championship player not good enough for the top flight.  Never mind we signed a 17 year old from Dundee United who was nowhere near ready.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Genuinely, when are we going to give the new guys a chance?

Saw absolutely nothing wrong with the interview. Kind of reminded me of Houston tbh. Nice to have a manager that shows that he cares for a change……

Not his fault but we've heard the same thing from sheerin for the past 6 months about needing to defend better and drumming it into them in training but we know it won't make a blind bit of difference to hall and Mackay etc.  Only solution at the back is new players simple as that.

Not his fault but we've heard the same thing from sheerin for the past 6 months about needing to defend better and drumming it into them in training but we know it won't make a blind bit of difference to hall and Mackay etc.  Only solution at the back is new players simple as that.

But what is it exactly that you and others expect him to say?
It’s pretty obvious that these guys cannot follow a system which led to the large gaps at the back.
You’ll hear the same from any manager we have until they are gone…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

But what is it exactly that you and others expect him to say?
It’s pretty obvious that these guys cannot follow a system which led to the large gaps at the back.
You’ll hear the same from any manager we have until they are gone…

Tell us your bringing in much needed reinforcements at the back to shore up the defence as we can't go on letting in two or three goals a match.  Their flogging a dead horse trying to convince any fan that training clowns like Mackay and hall will make any difference whatsoever.  Sheerin finally realised and admitted that they just haven't got it.

Guest Ecosse83

Experienced goalkeeper and an experienced centre half (or 3) next week please. Criminal to score 2 and still lose a game of football. 

My gut feeling is Rennie will get it right but how long it will take is anyone’s guess, I just feel so bloody low watching us at present 😞

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

The Campbell's obviously didn't want him that badly because if they did they would have stumped up the money.