The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Campbell, mcglynn, and McCall have all managed through excellent contacts to get good quality players to come and play for them in league one winning them the league and have continued to use these contacts in the championship and it sees them fighting it out at or near the top. We have been completely left behind in the area of recruitment by these 3 wily old managers who probably piss themselves laughing when they hear Holt going on about player profiles and all that pish.

I agree and this is why people saying Rennie and Miller aren’t a gamble are in cloud cuckoo land. Recruitment is EVERYTHING at this level. 

However, nothing proven yet. I am actually glad we are taking our time. The best players often only become available very late in the window and in previous Januaries we have had 4 in the door by 2nd of January and it has done absolutely no good.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our clubs a mess mate that’s why we’ll struggle to get good players on loan.

Take Krasniqi for example - get the boy on loan and treat him really, really poorly.

Rennie is really up against it trying to bring players on loan to us.

He’s been here about a month - give the man a break.

That's why his contacts are vital. Hopefully get some bodies in this week .

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

I agree and this is why people saying Rennie and Miller aren’t a gamble are in cloud cuckoo land. Recruitment is EVERYTHING at this level. 

However, nothing proven yet. I am actually glad we are taking our time. The best players often only become available very late in the window and in previous Januaries we have had 4 in the door by 2nd of January and it has done absolutely no good.

The concern is another few weeks and it'll be too late.  Wouldn't be so bad if we were getting results but dumbarton apart we aren't.  Even one or two decent signings the now and another couple in a fortnight could make a big difference .

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Campbell, mcglynn, and McCall have all managed through excellent contacts to get good quality players to come and play for them in league one winning them the league and have continued to use these contacts in the championship and it sees them fighting it out at or near the top. We have been completely left behind in the area of recruitment by these 3 wily old managers who probably piss themselves laughing when they hear Holt going on about player profiles and all that pish.

Who are those star players that Campbell, McGlynn and McCall signed in league one ?

As I said, you have ignored what has happened to our club since our collapse at the tail end of last season nevermind going into the Tatt muscle roll a dice Hartley signings onwards. 

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's exactly why you need a manager players trust and want to play for.  Dick Campbell could get players to come to Arbroath a club in league one that had done very little in the game and was situated in the arse end of beyond  but look at them now . Raith were going nowhere when mcglynn took over. They were also a basket case of a club but he still got players to come and play like reghan henry for instance.  McCall took Ayr United from league one to the top flight playoffs and Ayr aren't a club many players are exactly desperately.holding out to play for.  The status of the manager is vitally important to get players in. We'll find out soon enough how our man's doing.

You are correct but my point from before is valid when it comes to recruiting managers too. We are not going to get those type of managers as they wouldn’t touch us with the state we’re in

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Who has ever said Rennie isn’t a gamble? Every appointment is a gamble. 

Out of interest who do you think Falkirk could have realistically appointed who was a better option on paper?

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can the Falkirk TV interviewers please ask what the feck is happening with getting players in the door FFS.

Some detail on the missing players would be nice too.  have McDaid & Ruth gone back?  Where the f*ck is Holt Jnr?  What's happening with Hetherington?  How long i Dixon out for? What about Mutch?  etc etc squad info has been non existent over the last few weeks. 

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do you think the likes of mccall or Jeffries would be struggling to get anybody in the door by this stage?  If they can't get players over the line then they are the wrong guys for the job.  The real successful managers get players in . They make players want to play with them sometimes over better offers elsewhere.  The longer we go without players in the door the more points disappearing over the horizon. 

Yes.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Who are those star players that Campbell, McGlynn and McCall signed in league one ?

As I said, you have ignored what has happened to our club since our collapse at the tail end of last season nevermind going into the Tatt muscle roll a dice Hartley signings onwards. 

They were players good enough to win all 3 of them the league despite having poorer resources in at least two of their cases than we have.   Arbroath and Raith are still hugely over achieving despite their resources in the championship whilst we underachieve year on year continuously.

Some detail on the missing players would be nice too.  have McDaid & Ruth gone back?  Where the f*ck is Holt Jnr?  What's happening with Hetherington?  How long i Dixon out for? What about Mutch?  etc etc squad info has been non existent over the last few weeks. 

Just listened to the MR post match interview and he suggested that Dixon is a week or two away. Cast to come off his wrist next week.
Mutch also close to returning…..

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They were players good enough to win all 3 of them the league despite having poorer resources in at least two of their cases than we have.   Arbroath and Raith are still hugely over achieving despite their resources in the championship whilst we underachieve year on year continuously.

Avoiding the star players they signed in league one ?

14 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Rennie won’t last. Victim mentality to the max.

Nah. 8 minute interview after watching another clown show from a defence that he and Miller have been drilling all week. He’s getting something out of the mid and front players, but Miller McKay and Hall seem to be uncoachable.

Would imagine M&R are raging watching the same crap from the same defenders week after week after week, so not surprised emotions are a bit raw after that.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McCall had no problem getting the quality in to win the league when he was down here.

McCall got lucky with Tiffoney IMO and also got very lucky that we decided to implode at the same time. What excellent contacts do McCall, McGlynn and Campbell have BTW, and who told you about them? I assume it's your scouting contacts, the lassie in the ticket office that gets you into our games or the guy on the coaching staff at Raith?

38 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Are you forgetting everything that’s happened at our club at the last 4-5 years? Getting worse year on year, publicly slagging off players past and present, board members embarrassing themselves for the world to see and let’s not forget the huge turnover of players.

None of the managers you mentioned were recruiting with that hanging over them. Even as a fan, if I had a job at another club and Falkirk wanted to loan a player I was at, I doubt I’d send them 

Aye and in years preceding that we played at a ramshackle, un-compliant ground, we finished 2nd bottom saved by Airdrie Mk.1's demise and had, in some folks opinion, a complete bam managing us and played at illustrious Ochilview over that period while the club worked out a portakabin!

We still managed to sign some cracking players who weren't always the finished article.

Aye footballers want success but most want to pay the bills - Being part of successful teams makes that part easier - and some need minutes or a chance somewhere else and take it regardless of the club's stature at the time.

Folk dismissing the timing of Holt's departure as long as he's gone are glossing over the fact he must've put in the legwork of scouting and talking to clubs about players and produced something - speculating that it was more potentially poor signings also overlooks that we still haven't signed anyone that the manager thought was better and immediately available.

Hopefully we sign a few very soon.

Edited by Blame Me

Honestly can’t believe the negativity on here tonight. We were playing Airdrie today who have shown they’re having a decent season and possibly could go up during the play offs.
I have either been or watched all our L1 fixtures against them since we were relegated. I thought apart from the usual defensive frailties we actually fought quite well and looked a far different team than we did under Sheerin. When was the last time we scored 2 against Airdrie away and missed so many chances.
I don’t know whether I’m watching a different game from some of you on this forum. I don’t think it was as bad as some are making out.
This new management team are literally just in the door and have been here for 3.5 games. I say, give them a chance before you slaughter them. For the first time in a while I saw some fight and spirit and determination particularly in the second half and I think it was a good improvement although the result never mirrored it.
Onwards etc.