The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Remember being 15 minutes into a game at Parkhead (Nov 86?) before realising that it was Sam McGivern playing up front for us and not Ken Eadie.  Super Sam had signed that morning.  Pre social media and pre transfer window era was fantastic!   

Aberdeen away we had signed Brendan McIntyre and he started,no one knew who the hell he was.

He was crap.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Someone on COYB said he had his op 7/10 days ago? Four weeks rehab I think they said 

Wrist isn’t too bad, but if it’s a bone in the hand, it can be a long time to heal due to the low blood supply. My better half took 4 months to heal a fracture twixt thumb and forefinger. If it’s in a cast, then good for recovery, but there are limits to cast hardness in terms of being allowed to play. At best, he is going to be three to four weeks away.

26 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Aberdeen away we had signed Brendan McIntyre and he started,no one knew who the hell he was.

He was crap.

I was at that game!

Got the bus through from Inverness with my wee bro. The weather was rotten, we were worse, and Aberdeen cruised to a 2-0 win.

We had John McVeigh as our midfield anchorman, by Christ! 😵

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was at that game!

Got the bus through from Inverness with my wee bro. The weather was rotten, we were worse, and Aberdeen cruised to a 2-0 win.

We had John McVeigh as our midfield anchorman, by Christ! 😵

When my wife made me live in Coatbridge 15-or-so years ago, McVeigh was a taxi driver, Heatherston ran a pub near my house (Silky’s) and Kenny Ashwood had a shop. Strange days. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Dixon out till mid-late Feb & Lemon isn’t ready yet 

Even at that, unless it's a very short-term loan (which it may well be), we would be left with a glut of left sided defenders once Dixon is back. Seven in fact.

Bit disappointed we never got any new faces in this week. So same starting eleven as last week barring any injuries or covid drop outs. The new system and Williamson being fit for this game should hopefully cause Airdrie a lot more problems. Morrison needs to be more clinical this week as we'll need to score 2+ to win with dick & dom at the back. 

Could one of the FTV guys on here maybe ask Rennie in his post match interview for an update on the squad. Is Mcdaid back at Dundee? Will Ruth be staying for the season? How long the injured players are going to remain out for? 

And as a side piece ask him how long he reckons it'll take him to punt Mckay & Hall to buggery.

Don't see the Reynolds one coming to fruition as some have said he's located up north and he's not a fan of plastic pitches given his knee injuries. Watson will obviously depend on how well his Dundee trials went. Would be quite happy if we managed to get Watson and a younger centre back in on loan. Centre of the parks still a major issue so hopefully that's going to be addressed this transfer window. Then another striker for competition up there.

Bleak reading but we'll also have to start planning for next season as we've a fair few players out of contract and a fair few diddies tied down to long term deals. 

Paddy Martin - 2023
Robbie Mutch - 2022

Leon Mccann - 2024
Brad Mckay - 2024
Ryan Williamson - 2023
Paul Dixon - 2022
Aaron Taylor Sinclair - 2022
Ben Hall - 2022
Mackenzie Lemon - 2022
Cammy Williamson - 2022
Blair Sneddon - 2022

Steven Hetherington - 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - 2023
Craig Mcguffie - 2023 
Callumn Morrison - 2023
Seb Ross - 2023
Charlie Telfer - 2022
Gary Miller - 2022
Ben Weekes - 2022

Jaime Wilson - 2023
Sammy Ompreon - 2022
Aidan Keena - 2022
Anton Dowds - 2022

Bit disappointed we never got any new faces in this week. So same starting eleven as last week barring any injuries or covid drop outs. The new system and Williamson being fit for this game should hopefully cause Airdrie a lot more problems. Morrison needs to be more clinical this week as we'll need to score 2+ to win with dick & dom at the back. 
Could one of the FTV guys on here maybe ask Rennie in his post match interview for an update on the squad. Is Mcdaid back at Dundee? Will Ruth be staying for the season? How long the injured players are going to remain out for? 
And as a side piece ask him how long he reckons it'll take him to punt Mckay & Hall to buggery.

The format for these interviews will be arranged prior and questions asked will be given to MR to make sure he wants to answer them. There will also be no go areas where the club will not wish to give out info and if the conversation strays into these matters I’m sure FTV would just edit it out.

I do agree that interview aired today was pointless and serves no use for supporters hoping to get some insight into what happening at the club. It feels to me the club are just throwing out something or anything really to tick a box to show some form of PR.

Ah for the good old days of the Falkirk TV programme that was broadcast on Central FM? I think. 30 minutes of pure Bairns mania every Friday at 6:30 with news, views and interviews. I would love the club to try to do something better than the effort put in in that 210 second slot.

8 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

The format for these interviews will be arranged prior and questions asked will be given to MR to make sure he wants to answer them. There will also be no go areas where the club will not wish to give out info and if the conversation strays into these matters I’m sure FTV would just edit it out.

I do agree that interview aired today was pointless and serves no use for supporters hoping to get some insight into what happening at the club. It feels to me the club are just throwing out something or anything really to tick a box to show some form of PR.

Ah for the good old days of the Falkirk TV programme that was broadcast on Central FM? I think. 30 minutes of pure Bairns mania every Friday at 6:30 with news, views and interviews. I would love the club to try to do something better than the effort put in in that 210 second slot.

Getting this horrible feeling that the new managers are finding it difficult to get deals over the line, in a notorious difficult transfer window. Stand to be corrected but didn’t KM say that deals were imminent?

January is always a difficult window, but with covid cover clubs are retaining players they maybe would have released or put out on loan just to bulk out their squad. No easy to get players in imo. This is where contacts, favours and looking further afield come into play.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot