The Falkirk FC Thread

He was at the game on Saturday certainly.

An absolute fucking disgrace btw. He’s a bigger cancer on our club than Holt and there’s absolutely no good reason for the board to keep him around.

I wouldn’t even be accepting his money as a fan.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

An absolute fucking disgrace btw. He’s a bigger cancer on our club than Holt and there’s absolutely no good reason for the board to keep him around.

I wouldn’t even be accepting his money as a fan.

The swamp is slowly being drained but unfortunately some of the biggest leaches are still hanging about near the bottom. Just need to be patient.

Bloke on COYB claiming that Mark Reynolds may be coming to us. Along with us offering Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal, the failure of the deal being the amount of money due up front.

Also saying that Holt met him in his house to discuss the move.

3 things I hope aren't true.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

52 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Ruth is a young player who was asked to do a thankless job under Sheerin with no service or support.  The fact he scored 4 goals under those conditions suggests he's got something.  He's lightweight for sure but puts in way more effort than Keena did/does when alone up front and gets into better positions.  Would like to see him with Dowds under the new formation.  

4 strikers, Dowds, Keena, Ruth and a new signing would be fine.  

Morrison is the third striker outside Keena and Dowds. He was fantastic at pulling Dumbarton all over the place Saturday. I hope they punt Ruth back to Aberdeen. Not good enough 

56 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Bloke on COYB claiming that Mark Reynolds may be coming to us. Along with us offering Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal, the failure of the deal being the amount of money due up front.

Also saying that Holt met him in his house to discuss the move.

3 things I hope aren't true.

Think Mark Reynolds would be a very steady signing for us at the moment if he’s out the picture at Dundee Utd. Been involved in Scotland squads in the past and has English premiership experience ect,  I think dropping into league one with us he’d give our defence some much needed stability. He’s easily better than anything we have playing at the back currently. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I'm not for the signing of Reynolds. Yes he was a great player in his day but at 34 his better days are beyond him. Of course he's going to be better than Mckay & Hall but if we have a back three of Reynolds Dixon ATS anything over the top would destroy us.

Preferred the Paul Watson rumour.

Ruth > Wilson by a country mile.

I thought the man management of Ruth by Sheerin was pretty poor, drops Keena (who was playing ok) and puts Ruth in from the start against Alloa the day after he signed. Put Ruth immediately under pressure from the fans, likely pissed Keena off and was onto a hiding to nothing unless Ruth hit the ground running immediately, which we all know he didn't.

Would have been better to get him into the team more gradually if he performed well off the bench. the team was in decent form at that time too.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think Mark Reynolds would be a very steady signing for us at the moment if he’s out the picture at Dundee Utd. Been involved in Scotland squads in the past and has English premiership experience ect,  I think dropping into league two with us he’d give our defence some much needed stability. 

Reynolds only played 10 league games for Sheffield Wednesday, all of which came in League 1. I'd heard he was going to Cove. Anyway, besides the point.

You've offered Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal?!?!?!

8 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Ruth > Wilson by a country mile.

I thought the man management of Ruth by Sheerin was pretty poor, drops Keena (who was playing ok) and puts Ruth in from the start against Alloa the day after he signed. Put Ruth immediately under pressure from the fans, likely pissed Keena off and was onto a hiding to nothing unless Ruth hit the ground running immediately, which we all know he didn't.

Would have been better to get him into the team more gradually if he performed well off the bench. the team was in decent form at that time too.

100%

Which is why he is back on cones 

Reynolds only played 10 league games for Sheffield Wednesday, all of which came in League 1. I'd heard he was going to Cove. Anyway, besides the point.

I wouldn’t imagine he would leave Clyde without some certainty for his remaining time as a footballer so could see this being the case.
Then again, who actually knows what’s really happening for sure?…

17 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

If your taking the post of a random punter on Facebook as 100% fact then fair enough, Mark Reynolds is also easily better than any of the defenders currently playing for either Falkirk or Clyde and if we are interested in him I’m relatively happy with that. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Assuming that the three at the back is what Rennie intends to stick with for the remainder of the season then I don't want Mark Reynolds anywhere near it.

It looks like he will be better than we've got.  What is your objection?

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wouldn’t imagine he would leave Clyde without some certainty for his remaining time as a footballer so could see this being the case.
Then again, who actually knows what’s really happening for sure?…

Yeah, I've tried to fathom the maths but it genuinely doesn't seem worthwhile for any party involved in the situation.

There does seem to have been a big change in attitude from Falkirk fans re: DGW signing, which is extremely interesting.

Think Ruth was hung out to dry by Sheerin, is a player there but he's young and developing. Quite similar to the end of last season when we were depending on young players who just weren't ready. Sometimes fans are to quick to judge, there's loads of examples where players take a bit of time to settle into a club unfortunately we're in such a bad way that time is one thing we don't have.