The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Nothing like giving someone a chance especially a young guy. If Rennie has called Blair Sneddon back then he'll have seen more of him in training than any of us, maybe he's kicked on and will do a job for us, maybe not but give the guy a chance and don't write him off before being really seen for us.

As for signings we just need to trust Rennie to improve the first team with his signings and if no-one comes in trust he can improve what we have.

I've seen him before many a time. He's rotten. Was kicked out our academy for a reason and nowts changed. Complete waste of 5k or whatever it was someone trousered.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

18 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I have more concern about the comings and goings on the board. I don’t believe for 1 minute the reasoning given on the statements. I really hope the in house fighting hasn’t started already

What utter shit stirring nonsense, David White genuinely can’t devote time to the role needed and felt the position was being wasted on him. It was always only a temp position anyway until the FSS held elections. I honestly wonder about some of our fans, things behind the scenes for once actually seem to be going well yet some seem determined to look for any slight negative they can find regardless of whether there is any substance!

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What utter shit stirring nonsense, David White genuinely can’t devote time to the role needed and felt the position was being wasted on him. It was always only a temp position anyway until the FSS held elections. I honestly wonder about some of our fans, things behind the scenes for once actually seem to be going well yet some seem determined to look for any slight negative they can find regardless of any substance! 

Agreed.

I know a member of one of the teams who are going to be doing a fair bit of work behind the scenes.

These people are putting in lots of effort for no reward.

We should b grateful.

24 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I have more concern about the comings and goings on the board. I don’t believe for 1 minute the reasoning given on the statements. I really hope the in house fighting hasn’t started already

I think David White (with the best of intentions) took on more than he could chew. He is Chair of the Trust at a time of major upheaval, and so has a pretty full dance card there, and possibly/probably the Football Club Boardroom now comes with a bigger workload than anything experienced previously. If so, then he has done the decent thing in stepping down so that someone else can give it their time and experience.

Ronnie Bateman is in his mid 70s, and I think his presence was more to do with transitioning from the old Board to the new, and as Club Secretary, I am sure he would have been required to train up a potential replacement. He is indeed MD of a packaging company, so is still real world employed with real world demands on his time.

If there’s any other valid stuff beyond that (like your potential in fighting), then I certainly have not heard anything at all to support that theory. Maybe others have?

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What utter shit stirring nonsense, David White genuinely can’t devote time to the role needed and felt the position was being wasted on him. It was always only a temp position anyway until the FSS held elections. I honestly wonder about some of our fans, things behind the scenes for once actually seem to be going well yet some seem determined to look for any slight negative they can find regardless of whether there is any substance!

Do one mate! I’m nowhere near a negative person and unlike a lot on here I’m always willing to give managers and players a chance before writing them off. My point is we’re trying to get a settled board to take the club forward yet, we’ve had two step down this week. I’ll judge on how things behind the scenes are going when I see positive results coming out the club. I’m not going to just assume things are going great because we have “good guys” involved. 

30 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Do one mate! I’m nowhere near a negative person and unlike a lot on here I’m always willing to give managers and players a chance before writing them off. My point is we’re trying to get a settled board to take the club forward yet, we’ve had two step down this week. I’ll judge on how things behind the scenes are going when I see positive results coming out the club. I’m not going to just assume things are going great because we have “good guys” involved. 

What departures have unsettled you? All going in the right direction as far as I can see? Holt had to go, Fergus and his laddie were there for holt so no surprise they are gone, Bateman was bridging a gap which him departing looks to me like the new board are getting a grip of things, same goes for white who's role was always temp anyway? Not quite sure how you can want change without anything actually changing? 

43 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Glad to hear it because we do indeed have plenty to be positive about going forward in my opinion and the early signs are good, however obviously change won’t happen overnight and a few eggs need to be broken to make an omelette. …..Would also be nice/beneficial if folk didn’t “judge” or “assume”  (to use your words) there had been some form of “in fighting” or negativity behind the scenes unless they are able to actually provide any substance to it as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

36 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think David White (with the best of intentions) took on more than he could chew. He is Chair of the Trust at a time of major upheaval, and so has a pretty full dance card there, and possibly/probably the Football Club Boardroom now comes with a bigger workload than anything experienced previously. If so, then he has done the decent thing in stepping down so that someone else can give it their time and experience.

Ronnie Bateman is in his mid 70s, and I think his presence was more to do with transitioning from the old Board to the new, and as Club Secretary, I am sure he would have been required to train up a potential replacement. He is indeed MD of a packaging company, so is still real world employed with real world demands on his time.

If there’s any other valid stuff beyond that (like your potential in fighting), then I certainly have not heard anything at all to support that theory. Maybe others have?

I think this more or less summarises everything pretty accurately here 

9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What departures have unsettled you? All going in the right direction as far as I can see? Holt had to go, Fergus and his laddie were there for holt so no surprise they are gone, Bateman was bridging a gap which him departing looks to me like the new board are getting a grip of things, same goes for white who's role was always temp anyway? Not quite sure how you can want change without anything actually changing? 

None have unsettled me as such. I’m just saying I’m a little concerned that we are 6 weeks into a new dawn and 2 board members have stepped down. I’m by no means trying to say it isn’t working, but I expected to have some sort of continuity till things were up and running. 

Like Dowds Sneddon will have been training with the team and it appears he to be playing wingback with what he posted on Instagram. Probably just making up the numbers but doubt we’ll see much of him in the first team unless he’s somehow came on leaps and bounds playing for Gretna 2008 and sitting second bottom Of the lowland league.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said when we signed sneddon he was never going to be good enough and it's no surprise that that's still the case. People need to wise up. He hasn't got it it's as simple as that. This perhaps he's kicked on pish because he's played a few games for the second worst side in the lowland league is cloud cukoo land stuff. He'll be away when his contract runs out until then it looks like he'll be a covid jersey filler and then probably sent back out on loan to dukla pumpherston.

Very “dodgy” signing in the first place.

I would like to think that no more of this type of recruitment will be going on.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Still on the edge of caution about making sure we bring in better players, however very disappointing we’ve not got a CB in for tomorrows game.

I will wait until 4:50pm tomorrow to decide if I am disappointed. Were we to win tomorrow (unlikely as that might seem) then I will leave the disappointment on the shelf for another day. Winning tomorrow would be an off the charts amazing result for the current squad. That much is true.

From this point forward, the mission statement is dead simple.………Catch Queens. We have them to play twice more, and we probably need to beat them in both games.