The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then that person should get his arse kicked out the door. Blabbing about these dealings only puts the backs up of the clubs FFC is negotiating with. It is not the way to do business and loses trust and respect.

Can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot.

There’s an obvious reason this stuff is being deliberately leaked by people who are against the signing….

24 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Someone I trust implicitly at the club has informed us that we have 100% put in a bid for Goodwillie which has been rejected. The person in question is against the signing but the overriding feeling is the board are unwilling to meddle in such decisions. 

Is it not 9pm tonight that the FSS reveal the results of the poll? 

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How much do Falkirk players get paid? Serious question? 25k a year average maybe? 

Not really sure, some will be on higher than that, if Dowds is going to keep putting goals away then I'd like to think we could offer him a FT wage which would entice him to stay FT. 

If he could get a good paying job outside of football then he might want to go PT but who knows.

Wouldn't bother about responding to Andreas btw he's a Fucking goon. 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not really sure, some will be on higher than that, if Dowds is going to keep putting goals away then I'd like to think we could offer him a FT wage which would entice him to stay FT. 

If he could get a good paying job outside of football then he might want to go PT but who knows.

Wouldn't bother about responding to Andreas btw he's a Fucking goon. 

Top guys will be on about 800 quid a week I'd say.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's still a shocking goal return. Any striker worth their salt should be getting 15 to 20 at champ level pretty comfortably. He looks like one of those guys whose not entirely sure what he's going to do with the ball never mind the defender. His record above the Isthmian premier is very poor.  Championship bottom of the top flight seems about his level.

His goal scoring record is definitely poor but I think he is going to end up getting a half decent move at some point. Reminds a new a little bit of the guy Icqpeazu (sp?) at Hearts who is still playing in the Championship down south.

I would take Nouble at Kilmarnock as someone who would be a totally different option.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Incredibly naïve board we have if true…

Two concerns. If we don’t sign the guy, then we will have a few banging on about “there was definitely an offer” but it was rejected.

Secondly, great as yesterday was, that woeful Dumbarton side scored two, and missed three, maybe four excellent chances. Our defence still has two players nowhere near good enough for a side seeking to get out of this league, and is desperately in need of midfield muscle. The ease with which the current midfield is brushed aside makes it easy for sides to get into our back three…….and as mentioned, two of the three just aren’t dependable enough.

My concern is that Rennie can’t make the changes quickly enough. We shall see.

Guest TedCrilly
7 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Care for a £100 charity bet that we sign Goodwillie? 

I don’t doubt that there was a bid placed; however, I’m hopeful we have been priced out. 

Edited by TedCrilly

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

From looking at Dowds’ LinkedIn, it seems he had a good career going before going full time, so he may want to pursue that alongside part time football.

I reckon though he'd only go part time if that was his only choice and that won't be the case. At 25 he'd want to have given it a good shot before returning to part time later in his career. I'd expect him to be playing full time somewhere next season but who knows where.

3 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Care for a £100 charity bet that we sign Goodwillie? 

I think the  reason we won't sign him is because we won't be able to afford the fee, as much as anything else. If Clyde are looking for upwards of 50k then he won't be signing for us, especially when we are in need of a couple of centre halves and central mids aswell. 

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

His goal scoring record is definitely poor but I think he is going to end up getting a half decent move at some point. Reminds a new a little bit of the guy Icqpeazu (sp?) at Hearts who is still playing in the Championship down south.

I would take Nouble at Kilmarnock as someone who would be a totally different option.

I'd obviously take him at Falkirk too don't get me wrong. If he couldn't score a barrowload up front for you with Burke sticking the ball on his napper there would surely be something far wrong.I was amazed ikpeaza got a move to Boro. He was honking at hearts.  

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I think the  reason we won't sign him is because we won't be able to afford the fee, as much as anything else. If Clyde are looking for upwards of 50k then he won't be signing for us, especially when we are in need of a couple of centre halves and central mids aswell. 

I don't think a striker is our main priority now funnily enough. Id prefer we got replacements for Mackay, hall and miller.  They are all liable to hand a goal to the opposition at any time . Yesterday it was miller's embarrassing effort at the edge of the box which gave Dumbarton a slither of hope.  Sort out that and I think we'll score goals ok.  Another striker wouldn't go a miss but other areas should be the priority.

47 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Someone I trust implicitly at the club has informed us that we have 100% put in a bid for Goodwillie which has been rejected. The person in question is against the signing but the overriding feeling is the board are unwilling to meddle in such decisions. 

AT?😂

As poor as our attacking return has been it’s the defence that is by far the biggest riddy. 30 goals conceded in 19 games is a joke and will stop us winning games second half of the season. 

1st season in this division with Durnan and Buchanan we were solid as a rock. That’s how average you have to be in this league to defensively do fine