The Falkirk FC Thread

Hardly surprising Heffernan left without getting a contract, the guy is finished and has been for seasons, just because Paul Hartley recommended him, we all know the last player that was recommended to us by Billy Reid and look how gash he turned out. That said Heffernan must be unbelievably atrocious if he couldn't get a deal and Morgan did!!

Hardly surprising Heffernan left without getting a contract, the guy is finished and has been for seasons, just because Paul Hartley recommended him, we all know the last player that was recommended to us by Billy Reid and look how gash he turned out. That said Heffernan must be unbelievably atrocious if he couldn't get a deal and Morgan did!!

Morgan was a no risk freebie.

Signing Morgan cost us a playoff spot last season at the very least. If Houston had signed a half decent backup for Loy we would've ended up at least 4th after he got injured. The guy was dire and his goal soring record for us summed him up. Awful signing along with Rory Bouding.

Signing Morgan cost us a playoff spot last season at the very least. If Houston had signed a half decent backup for Loy we would've ended up at least 4th after he got injured. The guy was dire and his goal soring record for us summed him up. Awful signing along with Rory Bouding.

Nothing to do with the fact we were nowhere near in contention for 4th before he came. He also signed Baird who done pretty well. Blaming where we finished in a whole season on 1 guy who barely played is over the top.

Nothing to do with the fact we were nowhere near in contention for 4th before he came. He also signed Baird who done pretty well. Blaming where we finished in a whole season on 1 guy who barely played is over the top.

We were two points behind when Taylor signed, albeit QOS had a game in hand of which wasnt played till later on in which they lost

A little harsh to blame it on one player, but he was one of the worst Ive ever seen, the fact I think his best game was v Hibs away where I dont think he touched the ball and some have claimed his best moment in the semi was moving away from the ball says it all

It may have not cost us finishing 4th but something we will never know is, if we had signed someone with more ability with the ball or Loy had never got the injury we wouldve finished higher. Id bet you would be one of the few who would think otherwise, tho If Loy had remained fit, Morgan wouldve got nowhere near the team.

We were two points behind when Taylor signed, albeit QOS had a game in hand of which wasnt played till later on in which they lost

A little harsh to blame it on one player, but he was one of the worst Ive ever seen, the fact I think his best game was v Hibs away where I dont think he touched the ball and some have claimed his best moment in the semi was moving away from the ball says it all

It may have not cost us finishing 4th but something we will never know is, if we had signed someone with more ability with the ball or Loy had never got the injury we wouldve finished higher. Id bet you would be one of the few who would think otherwise, tho If Loy had remained fit, Morgan wouldve got nowhere near the team.

All hypothetical scenarios that you're giving me. I am no fan or Morgan, but I'd like to have seen who was available in January for us to bring in. At our level finding suitable players to join is a hard ask and we done well to get Baird whilst under contract.

The fact we were bang average before Morgan arrived and whilst he was here should be remembered as the reason we didn't achieve 4th. And then so what? To get beaten off Rangers over 2 legs? Can't say I was that gutted we didn't make the playoffs.

Boulding was a worse signing than Morgan imo, total dud for his full career barring that weird ten game purple patch about six years ago. He was known to be brutal, Houston looked at him in training and still signed him. Morgan is at least tall, Boulding doesn't even have a standout physical attribute. Him bring rotten also led indirectly to the signing of Morgan.

Would still have preferred we'd waited until even after tonight's game before making a decision, but it seems he's done well so far, albeit against shite opposition.

All hypothetical scenarios that you're giving me. I am no fan or Morgan, but I'd like to have seen who was available in January for us to bring in. At our level finding suitable players to join is a hard ask and we done well to get Baird whilst under contract.

The fact we were bang average before Morgan arrived and whilst he was here should be remembered as the reason we didn't achieve 4th. And then so what? To get beaten off Rangers over 2 legs? Can't say I was that gutted we didn't make the playoffs.

We had our worst league spell without Loy and didnt have an able replacement of which Morgan was signed to at least compete and look like a striker.

The fact we turned to Sibbald and a 16yr old to replace Loy instead of Morgan kinda answers how he was.

I wouldve had O'Hara on the bench for the cup final

Mchugh signs on a two year deal

He's not even playing, must be injured now that he has signed. No new faces except a pretty tall keeper who is on trial :(

Hopefully sheppy bangs in a hat-trick and vaulks does a somersault to keep us entertained

We had our worst league spell without Loy and didnt have an able replacement of which Morgan was signed to at least compete and look like a striker.

The fact we turned to Sibbald and a 16yr old to replace Loy instead of Morgan kinda answers how he was.

Okay I'll bite. Do you genuinely believe there was a player of the same quality as Loy available to us in January? If not, how come we didn't sign anyone in the summer window where there is more players available?

And since when did we replace a striker with a midfielder? Perplexed at that comparison.

Again not disputing Morgan's lack of ability, but you're not going to convince me that the reason we never made the playoffs was because of him.

Okay I'll bite. Do you genuinely believe there was a player of the same quality as Loy available to us in January? If not, how come we didn't sign anyone in the summer window where there is more players available?

And since when did we replace a striker with a midfielder? Perplexed at that comparison.

Again not disputing Morgan's lack of ability, but you're not going to convince me that the reason we never made the playoffs was because of him.