The Falkirk FC Thread

So say nothing about signing anyone? [emoji848]

Correct!
You can actually quash the rumour by cleverly talking about your organisational policies rather than signing players. It could so easily have been added into that excellent statement they released the other day.
Unfortunately, we did the opposite.

If I’m being honest, I’m more interested in the game today than all the rapist rumours. 

3 points today are extremely important. We’ve got a new board, which we wanted. We’ve  got a new management team, which we wanted. Weve got rid of Holt, which we wanted, and have Dowds back, which we wanted. 

It’s time for all these changes to start having a positive impacts to our results.

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Correct!
You can actually quash the rumour by cleverly talking about your organisational policies rather than signing players. It could so easily have been added into that excellent statement they released the other day.
Unfortunately, we did the opposite.

No we didn’t. We made absolutely no comment about anything to do with signing players 

58 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The previous regime were slaughtered at the Q&A for talking about players past and present about players at other clubs and at clubs actions against us.

Because this suits some of the support the club should talk about a player at another club in our league who we may or may not be chasing. 🤷‍♂️

You just can’t have if both ways IMO. Of course you may not agree but we won’t agree on everything anyway. 

They weren't slaughtered for dismissing a rapist though.

Probably the only thing they got right! 

No we didn’t. We made absolutely no comment about anything to do with signing players 

Pretty sure I just said we didn’t need to mention signing players?
Rather than quash the rumours, a few lines towards the back of the statement fanned the flames, so therefore had the opposite effect…

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

"Our short-term priority is, of course, to support Martin and Kenny and give them the resources they need to put a winning team on the pitch. To do that, we’ll always make decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club, whether those decisions are popular with all fans or unpopular with some"

Takes a fair bit of spin to claim this comment hasn't anything to do with signing players.  

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

There are times when its right for the board to keep things confidential and (very rare) times when a decision is so contentious that they need to communicate with the fans.  This is one of those times.  

Where do you stop. Do you limit it to season ticket holders, FSS and patrons to vote on? Do you allow people who can prove they attend or pay for FalkirkTV regularly? Or do you make it an open vote for any fan regardless to vote on, which could easily be compromised?

For me there should be no vote. The board make the decision and live with it either way. That is why they’re in charge. 

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Where do you stop. Do you limit it to season ticket holders, FSS and patrons to vote on? Do you allow people who can prove they attend or pay for FalkirkTV regularly? Or do you make it an open vote for any fan regardless to vote on, which could easily be compromised?

For me there should be no vote. The board make the decision and live with it either way. That is why they’re in charge. 

I'm not suggesting a vote, I'm suggesting the board clarify whether or not we're in for DGW

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Heady days when you're relying on CLyde of all clubs to try and prevent your own clubs moral compass being smashed into a million irreparable pieces

Aye, best hope is that the results of the vote causes them to quietly back away, but the use of the vote to actually justify the signing and deflect from the fact that it would be 100% the boards choice to ignore any semblance of common decency would be utterly vomit inducing. 

I don’t quite understand this logic though? If we’ve  already made a bid to sign a literal rapist then the moral compass is already smashed into a million pieces. It says our management team and board are happy to pay cash money for a rapist because he’ll score goals and the only reason we won’t have a rapist playing for us is because Clyde are unwilling to sell. That’s completely unacceptable to me. 

With regards to fans demanding the board release a statement to distance themselves from the rumours, there’s an obvious reason why they haven’t done that…

I was swithering to buy a ticket or not...
Have I just wasted another £13???

All depends on who we’ve got available. If it’s true we’ve 11 players out and it’s dipshit Holt in goals then very much so yes.

33 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

With regards to fans demanding the board release a statement to distance themselves from the rumours, there’s an obvious reason why they haven’t done that…

Yip this is my point exactly. The only reason they aren't coming out to defend themselves from published stories in national newspapers associating the club with someone we want nowhere near the place, is indeed because they do want him. This story has Absolutely nothing to do with commenting on players signing or not before deals are done. If he doesn't sign it will be because we couldn't agree terms, not because we actually had a back bone and told him and any rumours to gtf. 

17 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Exactly. If we weren’t interested then there’d be zero point putting out a poll to further fuel the flames on here particularly when it was just dying down.

I was already pretty certain there was a lot of truth in us considering him and this just underlines it.

if we have  made an offer then the horse has already bolted. 

I suspect the level of objections on social media has spooked the board into organizing this poll. Their position is difficult given the recent clusterfucks from the previous regime. 
The offer was around 30k the idea being to reinvest the saving on Holts salary & compo . The idea was sound but they are v concerned they have misjudged the gentrified support.( ie the ones most likely to invest in the club ) 

Clyde have knocked us back anyway so I’m suspect we will cut & run and look for an alternative .