The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Publicly addressing it would signal he's not a target.

Falkirk TV won't do "cold" interviews so what is or isn't said can be agreed before recording.

As it is, the conclusion is he very much is a target. 

When should fans - ordinary or FSS members - make their views known in your view.

Perhaps we wait until he's paraded with the scarf at the stadium 🙄

People can make their views known any time they like and have been doing so ever since the story surfaced. I've no issue with that. My post had nothing to do with people expressing an opinion about the signing. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Why would a football club release a statement saying they’re not trying to sign someone? 

Doesn't have to be a club statement, as someone previously mentioned, MR or KM could say something in pre/post match interviews which says it won't happen.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Personally I don’t think the club should be releasing statements about other clubs players just to appease 30 fans on a football forum, very unprofessional and would make us look silly.

Just my opinion though. At the end of the day I don’t want to constantly read about it so I’ll simply take myself off here until it dies down. 

Hopefully a nice 3 points today to discuss later though 👏

I don’t think they should either. My post related to your assertion that the topic has been over-discussed.

Keep discussing it. It’s a huge issue for the football club.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

People can make their views known any time they like and have been doing so ever since the story surfaced. I've no issue with that. My post had nothing to do with people expressing an opinion about the signing. 

That we can agree. 

Instead you seem unconcerned that the club would even contemplate the move to the point it becomes "Hobson's choice". 

I've said it before. This could all be ended with a quick, off the record, call to the Falkirk Herald.

"The Falkirk Herald understands Falkirk will not be signing any rapists this or any other transfer window"

Or words to that effect...

Even the thought of BB doing the photoshoot gives me the boak. "that's it davie, big smiles, now one with scarf above your head, that's it" would take a huge amount of professionalism to go through that and not seem bothered, of which I don't doubt BB has, I just know I couldn't do it.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Even the thought of BB doing the photoshoot gives me the boak. "that's it davie, big smiles, now one with scarf above your head, that's it" would take a huge amount of professionalism to go through that and not seem bothered, of which I don't doubt BB has, I just know I couldn't do it.

...one with the cheerleaders...oh, maybe not. Just do the signing the contract one.

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

That we can agree. 

Instead you seem unconcerned that the club would even contemplate the move to the point it becomes "Hobson's choice". 

I have my own opinions on the possible signing, just as I have about many of the people who've walked through the door of our club in recent years. But as I may end up talking to them facetoface the day after posting about them online, I don't think it's wise for me to comment. 

My only reason for posting was to point out that what you and multiple others are demanding - denial from the club - isn't going to happen if the rumours are true. 

Let's leave it there. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, when are you and the others saying the same going to understand that the implications of signing this player is somewhat different from signing Joe Bloggs?
They absolutely should be quashing these ‘rumours’ and they don’t even need to mention DGW by name to do so….

The previous regime were slaughtered at the Q&A for talking about players past and present about players at other clubs and at clubs actions against us.

Because this suits some of the support the club should talk about a player at another club in our league who we may or may not be chasing. 🤷‍♂️

You just can’t have if both ways IMO. Of course you may not agree but we won’t agree on everything anyway. 

I have my own opinions on the possible signing, just as I have about many of the people who've walked through the door of our club in recent years. But as I may end up talking to them facetoface the day after posting about them online, I don't think it's wise for me to comment. 
My only reason for posting was to point out that what you and multiple others are demanding - denial from the club - isn't going to happen if the rumours are true. 
Let's leave it there. 

Agreed. There’s only one conclusion that can be drawn by the clubs refusal to deny.
It’s happening.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Let's leave it there. 

None of whom, to my knowledge, have been unapologetic rapists.

The previous regime were slaughtered at the Q&A for talking about players past and present about players at other clubs and at clubs actions against us.
Because this suits some of the support the club should talk about a player at another club in our league who we may or may not be chasing. [emoji2369]

You just can’t have if both ways IMO. Of course you may not agree but we won’t agree on everything anyway. 

As I have said many times, you don’t need to mention any names to conclude this. The fact that the club won’t close this down confirms the true position.
People who think this is just a media rumour have their heads in the sand imo….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

As I have said many times, you don’t need to mention any names to conclude this. The fact that the club won’t close this down confirms the true position.

It doesn’t sorry. It means they won’t, and rightly so, comment on this or any other potential target. 
I am far from convinced we will ever see this guy in a Navy Blue jersey, and hopefully we don’t. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The silence is deafening.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It doesn’t sorry. It means they won’t, and rightly so, won’t comment on this or any other potential target. 
I am far from convinced we will ever see this guy in a Navy Blue jersey, and hopefully we don’t. 

I totally agree with everything you’ve said, however, I think the only thing stopping us at this point is if we won’t meet Clyde’s valuation. 

I just think the people in charge will be looking at how desperate we are and if I’m honest, we won’t be an attractive club for a lot of players so getting the quality we need is going to prove difficult 

The more I think about this potential signing, the more I’m against it.

I’m all for people getting second chances, but I don’t want any part of a signing that will divide our support and make parts of our fanbase, particularly women, uncomfortable attending games.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What do they say without mentioning names? We’re not signing anyone? We’re not signing anyone based on Scotland? We’re not signing anyone from Clyde?

Can't believe some are treating this like any other situation when rumours of a player signing come out. If it was never going to be happening then I'm pretty certain the club would look to quash and distance themselves from what has been published in national newspapers. This is beyond normal circumstances and everyone knows it. 

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Can't believe some are treating this like any other situation when rumours of a player signing come out. If it was never going to be happening then I'm pretty certain the club would look to quash and distance themselves from what has been published in national newspapers. This is beyond normal circumstances and everyone knows it. 

Maybe some of us understand that we have no control of this situation. The majority of us are no more than fans and stakeholders. If someone’s view is they would walk away from if he is signed then unfortunately that’s what they’ll need to do. Like all walks in life people in charge make decisions that stakeholders, shareholders and employees might not agree with but they are in charge to make these decisions and fall on their sword if it’s wrong.