The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

FSS have members on the board. I’m pretty sure the committee will have a slight idea if there’s any truth to the rumours.

Why will they? I am a Patron and have no idea who any of the signing targets are. That is the way it should be IMO. 

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why will they? I am a Patron and have no idea who any of the signing targets are. That is the way it should be IMO. 

Surely they could have at least advised not to bother running the poll. I don’t see any harm in shutting down a rumour subtly.

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Why would Clyde provide permission for their best player to go off and talk to other clubs without any guarantee that these clubs will make an offer that they deem acceptable? Whatever you've been told, it's a lot of bollocks.

Are you new to this? Maybe because he told them he wanted to speak to them. Go and do yourself a favour. Read up on why Daniel James didn’t transfer to Leeds in the January deadline day before he moved to United in the summer. Maybe you’ll actually learn a few things instead of thinking you know everything and dismissing what other people know. 

Edited by Rocco

No being funny here but lets put a bit of perspective on things we are claiming a moral high ground here, but think back to when we signed McKenna he was acquitted of rape in the US. My take on this regardless of the player being acquitted of it or not there are still parents and a lass who claims she was raped and the person who committed that walked free.

Not justifying signing Goodwillie in any way but how can we claim one situation isn't right when the other was acceptable as technically both situations were the same until the civil/private case against Goodwillie.

We are basically being hypocritical about it

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

No being funny here but lets put a bit of perspective on things we are claiming a moral high ground here, but think back to when we signed McKenna he was acquitted of rape in the US. My take on this regardless of the player being acquitted of it or not there are still parents and a lass who claims she was raped and the person who committed that walked free.

I was totally unaware of that!

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Believe it or not, we're not the only club at Championship/League One level who has needed a striker who can score goals since his ruling in 2017, but no one else has gone near him for obvious reasons. So why do we have to be the ones to sign him? What makes our situation so special? 

Edit to add: I appreciate you are not saying we should sign him, but his footballing ability doesn't even come into the question here for me.

Because our squad is shite, we’re desperate. I honestly believe this is why the board are considering this. They’re desperate and know they need to try and get results quick. 

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Surely they could have at least advised not to bother running the poll. I don’t see any harm in shutting down a rumour subtly.

I don’t think the committee of the FSS should know the signing targets, nor should the Patrons. 

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

People keep saying this but seriously get real. The guy is easily the best striker we could possibly sign. I’m not saying we should sign him, but people acting like there are strikers out there who we can sign that are as good as Goodwillie are seriously deluded

Nah mate, I agree, get the two of them to f**k if he's signed. 

Edited by Senor Bairn

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The difference is that Mckenna’s case was thrown out due to it being baseless, while Goodwillie has been found responsible in court and ordered to pay £100,000 compensation.

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t think the committee of the FSS should know the signing targets, nor should the Patrons. 

I totally agree. I mean if DG is NOT a target then it could easily be shut down. That’s why the fans believe the rumours are true because it clearly hasn’t been.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Agreed, the club need to put an end to the culture we had of sensitive information being leaked from within the board room, until the point there is something concrete to report things should remain confidential, it severely hindered the club’s ability to function as a business and looked amateurish. So far the new BOD seem to have done pretty well in changing that. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Are you new to this? Maybe because he told them he wanted to speak to them. Go and do yourself a favour. Read up on why Daniel James didn’t transfer to Leeds in the January deadline day before he moved to United in the summer. Maybe you’ll actually learn a few things instead of thinking you know everything and dismissing what other people know. 

I couldn't give a toss what Daniel James did or did not do at Leeds or Manchester United. If you think Clyde are giving permission for Goodwillie to go off and speak to other clubs without having an acceptable, concrete offer on the table, you're deluded.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

I couldn't give a toss what Daniel James did or did not do at Leeds or Manchester United. If you think Clyde are giving permission for Goodwillie to go off and speak to other clubs without having an acceptable, concrete offer on the table, you're deluded.

I think you are being naive if you don’t think tapping up goes on. 

57 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If you think that's a bad mistake you should see what Brad Mckay produces week in week out. He's misread the bounce of the ball and yes he should have got something on it but it's nowhere near as major as you've made it.

He was playing in a side pretty known for it's defensive strengths, especially Livi of the last few years we've had little to no errors leading to goals. Sean Kelly shows up and they happen non-stop. The start of this season was horrendous for them :D He could definitely have gotten tighter after it but it's not as if he's had a complete shocker, still a bad mistake not getting something on it at least

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

McKenna’s case was thrown out as it was deemed to be complete lies. It’s out of order dredging this from the past. The laddie went through hell.

I'm well aware of that, but as I say there's still another lassie involved that whether she told lies or not still probably maintains her stance.

I still think this is knicker wetting though and there is no way we will sign him whether whoever started this with actual talks etc is on the wind up I don't know. I know the previous boards made some unpopular decisions but if there is anything serious about this that would completely trump anything Deans, Lang, CC etc done but there is no way given the depth of feeling about us signing this and tbh I don't see how anyone could justify it goal scorer or not.

I would actually hope that more people would turn their back on the club than many are expecting. I hope many would stick to their word/grow a backbone and not put any money into the club until he, and anyone who was involved in signing him, was catapulted out the door. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I totally agree. I mean if DG is NOT a target then it could easily be shut down. That’s why the fans believe the rumours are true because it clearly hasn’t been.

I don’t think anything like that should be discussed not even to quash a rumour. It is the thin end of the wedge if you start. Only my opinion