The Falkirk FC Thread

Why the f**k are we signing a 16 year old from Rangers to sit on the bench for 1 game when we have an U18 squad (presumably with 2 goalies). 
Is that not just bonkers and makes a mockery of talking up the new academy set up? 

Unless they’ve got COVID as well?

29 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely mental. Folk arent happy that he FSS are actually doing what everyone wanted in the past i.e. giving the fans a voice.

We might as well go back to the MSG and ask for them to take over the club again, install Deans back in as Chairman and let them make the decisions we want to moan at.

Apart from that , the FSS should have realised with this system it was going to be hijacked. Stupid way to get their members to poll. There must be a more secure way of doing it.

I guess it could have been workable to allow a reply to the email with a vote so only people who received the email could vote but would be time consuming and tedious to collate on the timescale. 

Guest FFC1965
58 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Someone on that fb page just posted the link from the email and the password.

🤦🏻‍♂️

This is why we cant have nice things. 

I got the FSS email and voted against btw.  Good idea by FSS but sadly our clubs fanbase has too many halfwits doing all sorts of daft stuff for it not to carry some risk. 

One fanny on Facebook and one screen grab and you'll get fans of other clubs voting t'other way just for the trollage.  

The FSS can tell which votes have been cast via social media links (don’t know how - I’m not that tech savvy) - I’d assume those votes will just be discounted.

Looking at the comments on the 16 year old gk signing announcement - the “I don’t remember voting on this” crowd

DGW is and always will be a contentious issue (for any club) - it was a good idea to canvass opinion on signing him.

Signing a 16yr old gk who hasn’t raped anyone - doesn’t require a vote (like 99% of signings won’t)

If these folk want their voices heard in a members only poll - sign up.

46 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s a idea BUT who gets the casting vote? The board, the sponsors, the management team, the FSS, Facebook, the People’s front of Judea or the Judean people’s front?

Forget about DG in this debate but all these types of polls from will show different results from different angles and may only cause further divide. I think it’s a bit paralysis by analysis and we don’t have time to debate every decision.

What happened to trusting the new board now that there has been substantial change and the changes that were called for have been acted upon?

Do we get to vote on who takes the penalties. Maybe the formation and who should be subbed

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It isn’t the club that have put this out it’s the FSS to canvas their own members only (hopefully).
That SHOULD be used to influence their board representatives position.
This is what we ought to expect on sensitive club issues, if you are paying your way for board representation so we should not be knocking it….

I get that but here’s my issues.

1. Two days ago we get an update from the board telling us they are prepared to make difficult decisions. But not this one, this one is too difficult so let’s have a vote. 
2. How can it end well? We’ve already had the No voters saying they won’t be back. How many fans are the club prepared to lose? If the vote ends 60-40 in favour of yes does the majority win or is 40% of the fans representation to much to lose?  
3. The vote clearly shows there is interest in the player. How does that sit with peoples morals? Is wanting to sign a rapist but being blocked by your own fans any better than actually signing him?

I appreciate the FSS is the voice of the fans but I just can’t see how this ends well. Folk have already threatened to withdraw if Holt is not sacked, if Goodwillie is signed…What happens here when a large percentage of peoples voices are not heard? More withdrawals? More in fighting?

Is this a flaw in the model? A flaw in our Fanbase or should things like this just not go to a vote and allow the people elected to the board to make these decisions?

Not a dig at anyone as I want this to work but just my concerns. If someone can alleviate these concerns I’d be more than happy.

The only people who are against this poll seem to be those who are for the signing…
And haven't mustered up the tenner to join FSS

Organisation made up of paid members canvasses opinion of said members. What an outrage.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nice to see king Kenny's sevco connections bearing fruit so soon. Very unripe fruit right enough but fruit nonetheless. Either Holt's went along with daddy or the unconcievable is that Martin has covid and Mutch is still out injured.

10 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Could be quite a rag tag squad tomorrow if rumours are to be believed, whispers of Clyde rejecting our bid for DGW also.

Aren't the regs that you need at least 13 fit players over 18, of whom 2 must be goalkeepers?

Or is it only 1 goalkeeper over 18? Either way, at least one of Martin/Mutch/Holt must be available.

I get that but here’s my issues.
1. Two days ago we get an update from the board telling us they are prepared to make difficult decisions. But not this one, this one is too difficult so let’s have a vote. 
2. How can it end well? We’ve already had the No voters saying they won’t be back. How many fans are the club prepared to lose? If the vote ends 60-40 in favour of yes does the majority win or is 40% of the fans representation to much to lose?  
3. The vote clearly shows there is interest in the player. How does that sit with peoples morals? Is wanting to sign a rapist but being blocked by your own fans any better than actually signing him?
I appreciate the FSS is the voice of the fans but I just can’t see how this ends well. Folk have already threatened to withdraw if Holt is not sacked, if Goodwillie is signed…What happens here when a large percentage of peoples voices are not heard? More withdrawals? More in fighting?
Is this a flaw in the model? A flaw in our Fanbase or should things like this just not go to a vote and allow the people elected to the board to make these decisions?
Not a dig at anyone as I want this to work but just my concerns. If someone can alleviate these concerns I’d be more than happy.

Again, the board WILL make the difficult decision here. It’s the FSS canvassing their members here only.
Are you saying the FSS should not take any interest in the opinion on its members when voting on their behalf on significant issues?
As for the remainder of your email. I can’t disagree but this appears to be something the board are willing to take a high risk on. Like you I simply cannot agree with their stance on here. It appears foolhardy and misguided to even contemplate it to me….