The Falkirk FC Thread

It's just getting more farcical as the days go on. I get the FSS trying to gauge the members opinion's but now it's been posted on that mental COYB facebook page it's going to be a free for all.

'Somebody show me what they sent?'

'Aye nae bother pal here's the link and password to register your vote'

Absolutely mental. Folk arent happy that he FSS are actually doing what everyone wanted in the past i.e. giving the fans a voice.

We might as well go back to the MSG and ask for them to take over the club again, install Deans back in as Chairman and let them make the decisions we want to moan at.

Apart from that , the FSS should have realised with this system it was going to be hijacked. Stupid way to get their members to poll. There must be a more secure way of doing it.

Irrespective of my thoughts on the poll happening, I think it was a bit naive of the FSS boys to think that a password protecting it would stop it being shared around by non-members. Maybe they knew this but didn't know how else to do this. Who knows.

Of bigger concern to me is that the question is now being asked in the first place. Fully expect a majority in favour now the bams on the Facebook page have a hold of it, who seem to think him being a rapist is excused by the fact he 'scores goals' - seemingly thinking no other club in Scotland has been in need of goals in the last number of years but still won't go near him with a bargepole. We don't make it easy for ourselves do we? We really need to put this to bed. It is festering.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Unless I'm mistaken (I probably am as i'm not great with IT) but since the link is protected. Surely once it is accessed through an e-mail address then if that link copied from the e-mail is forwarded on then it will no longer be accessible? 

For example, I tried to see if I could go in again and it would let me. I presume that happen for anybody using the same link? 

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely mental. Folk arent happy that he FSS are actually doing what everyone wanted in the past i.e. giving the fans a voice.

We might as well go back to the MSG and ask for them to take over the club again, install Deans back in as Chairman and let them make the decisions we want to moan at.

Apart from that , the FSS should have realised with this system it was going to be hijacked. Stupid way to get their members to poll. There must be a more secure way of doing it.

I agree to a point. FSS weren't to know some of their members were morons. They do now and they know who they are. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Completely agree. 

This is what the FSS is there for, to represent members. How can they presume to know the exact thoughts of their own members unless they canvas their opinion!? 

The only criticism may be how it has been set up as it was always likely to be shared but need to give the guys a break as it’s a brand new process that they have said still requires a lot of tweaking and consideration. We all get our say on that too so if we don’t like it then any of us can step up for a position on the committee in March. 

Voted. 

Not sure what people expect of the poll when it’s built atop the utter garbage that is Wordpress. Workarounds will always happen when there is no account area or audit trail.

I’d imagine the vote limit is only cookie restricted. 

Edited by Beaver The Bairn

The comments on that FB group are hurting my brain. Folk saying they've already lost faith in FSS because they're canvassing opinion. If the purpose of a supporter's society isn't to act in its members interests, what the f**k is it for?

Edited by lanky_ffc

No. Please tell me we haven’t put a poll out for fans to vote on a potential signing [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85].
How can that end well? We are amateur as f**k. 

It isn’t the club that have put this out it’s the FSS to canvas their own members only (hopefully).
That SHOULD be used to influence their board representatives position.
This is what we ought to expect on sensitive club issues, if you are paying your way for board representation so we should not be knocking it….

If the poll has knowingly been compromised then the results are meaningless as the vote is automatically open to challenge.

Credit again to the FSS as this is exactly what they're for but lessons need to be learned wrt how you canvas members robustly.