The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If Rennie and Miller are not going to as good as guarantee a 1st team game. Then it would be best and fair to the player and his career to either extend the loan or sell him.

If he is sitting on the bench or not in the squad you are going to have a rightly pissed off Dowds.

Me ! Take him back and its a fresh start for the player and the club.

Reality Arbroath or another club in the division make an offer and FFC sell.

If he's better than the strikers we currently have and I'm pretty sure that he's at least better than two of them then you have to bring him back whether he's going to play every game or not.  We need a new striker yes but we also can't put all our hopes on the new striker playing every week and scoring every week. We need better options than ompreon, Wilson and Ruth on the bench.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Delusional? Check your facts. Burchill had hee-haw to do with his appointment. Untouched? Check your facts again.  He tried to sell a property he was joint owner of and had hidden from police. Soon as it became known what he was up to, he had to shell out £35k for proceeds of crime….that was in 2017, well into his time with you.  Clearly you have no idea what goes on at your “club”. 

You’re another “nothing to see here, just look the other way” supporter.

What would you know about the way he was given a job at Livi? I happen to know folk on both sides at Livi and at Broxburn, you're looking for something that isn't there. 

I know a hell of a lot more about what goes on at Livi than you do :D Just you stick to signing Goodwillie and justifying it somehow

Personally I’m not convinced by a hybrid model. Imo our budget isn’t the issue- it will be larger than a number of championship clubs. The problem is it keeps being spent on shite.

Also the best part time players in the country generally don’t want to stay part time (particularly youngsters). Yes there are exceptions like Megginson etc but these guys don’t generally want to relocate.

A club with our fanbase and resources should be able to support full time football.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’m not convinced by a hybrid model. Imo our budget isn’t the issue- it will be larger than a number of championship clubs. The problem is it keeps being spent on shite.

Also the best part time players in the country generally don’t want to stay part time (particularly youngsters). Yes there are exceptions like Megginson etc but these guys don’t generally want to relocate.

A club with our fanbase and resources should be able to support full time football.

I get what you mean, i suppose i'm thinking of a best case scenario. I reckon you're right about the main issue being recruitment, we're paying players full time wages and they look no better than the part time players we face every week. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

In other news I wonder how many available players we have for Saturday given last weeks game was covid related.

The saviour/ghost McDaid is out of isolation but his loan isn’t up until the 16th.

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Fair play to the vast majority on here with the condemnation and actions taken to prevent the signing of DG. If you're on the other side have a long hard look at yourself especially the people dismissing his actions, that beast has no place in football or any profession in which he could be viewed as an idol.

From the Facebook page and other sources sadly I think the decent fans who are horrified by the thought of signing Goodwillie are in the minority.

Fucking depressing from a societal point of view 

In some ways Scotland is rightly seen as progressive,  particularly in a UK context, but when you scratch the surface we're not really.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Guest Caractacus Potts
43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You said that the hysteria on here would stop them from signing him.  The hysteria of 40 or 50 folk on pie and Bovril will not affect their decisions in any way.  As I said they would know the supports  feelings already before taking up post. If they have any intention of signing him they will already have made up their minds and no hysteria on here will change that.

And this forum and other social media has played no part in them understanding the supporters feelings? 

Maybe we should move on from the Goodwillie stuff the now. The guy hasn’t even signed for us and if you want to email the directors about then go for it, no need to get into a fight discussing it in this forum. it’s not going to change anything.

Thoughts on cumdog and lafferty?

Anyone know of any “good” centre backs that are available?